September Rage Thread

• I honestly thought grand masters had a brain, yesterday proves that they don't. So I was duo with a diamond 2 person, and it put us in grand master lobbies. Now it wasn't bad for the most part. However, the last game before I got off really exposes the wacked out logic of supposed grand masters.

So the map is Bazaar. Enemy team has Strix and Viktor. Uh... It wouldn't be so bad, except they expected me to last pick Androxus against that. Umm.... I'm literally diamond 5. I'm a last pick. And y'all expect me to Androxus against a grand master Strix and Viktor on Bazaar??? I'll admit that I don't have as much game sense as a lot of grand masters. I cap out at diamond for a reason. Yet even I know that playing Androxus against that on Bazaar is a death wish. They blamed me for not picking Androxus. I honestly should have just locked in a fun champion I felt like playing at that moment. If I had picked Androxus, I would have been blamed for being shit and feeding. When I didn't, I get blamed for not picking Androxus. That is called a 'no win' situation.

At my elo, it's considered a throw pick to last pick a flank that the enemy comp/dps hard counters. At grand master elo, they want last picks to flank against their counters. How did these dumb fucks reach grand master???

• PC

@HeartQueen said in September Rage Thread:

I honestly thought grand masters had a brain, yesterday proves that they don't.

I've even seen pro players throw games before and play like they have 2 collective brain cells. Not really news to me.

Heck I almost lost a game because I was playing OT with a GM flank insisting I follow them for the entire game. We only won because I disobeyed that for five seconds to contest. But of course at the cost of dying like 20 times just so this one flanker could farm kills.

• @Dusklicious said in September Rage Thread:

I've even seen pro players throw games before and play like they have 2 collective brain cells. Not really news to me.

Heck I almost lost a game because I was playing OT with a GM flank insisting I follow them for the entire game. We only won because I disobeyed that for five seconds to contest. But of course at the cost of dying like 20 times just so this one flanker could farm kills.

Yeah, but they at least still wanted you on tank. They expected a Diamond 5 player to flank a master Viktor and Strix. There is the "Io please follow and pocket me" stupidity of grand masters, and then there's the "So I know you're a last pick low diamond player, but we really need you to run Androxus against a double backline that melts you in less than 1 second." Like... The only possible way Androxus survives on Bazaar against a Viktor and Strix duo who are next to each other with a Goddess Blessing Io pocketing them is with a Thanks Grandpa Torvald, Luminary Jenos, and a Corvus. It's just too much damage otherwise. And I'd still have to be a good Androxus, and I'll be the first to admit that I'm fucking ass with him. Only other option was to probably be a Buck. In the grand scheme of things, I probably should have chosen that option. Even then, I never played Buck against grand masters, so I probably would have fed that game as well.

Maybe I need to climb to higher ranks to practice dps there. It sounds ass backwards, but it's the truth. Especially since whenever any other last pick is a flank, grand masters complain. Everyday on Twitter and Discord they complain about last pick low elo players. Yet when I'm on a team with them "can you please play Androxus?" Like wtf is up with masters expecting me to play Androxus as a last pick.

• PC

@Dusklicious said in September Rage Thread:

Yeah, but they at least still wanted you on tank. They expected a Diamond 5 player to flank a master Viktor and Strix. There is the "Io please follow and pocket me" stupidity of grand masters, and then there's the "So I know you're a last pick low diamond player, but we really need you to run Androxus against a double backline that melts you in less than 1 second." Like... The only possible way Androxus survives on Bazaar against a Viktor and Strix duo who are next to each other with a Goddess Blessing Io pocketing them is with a Thanks Grandpa Torvald, Luminary Jenos, and a Corvus. It's just too much damage otherwise. And I'd still have to be a good Androxus, and I'll be the first to admit that I'm fucking ass with him. Only other option was to probably be a Buck. In the grand scheme of things, I probably should have chosen that option. Even then, I never played Buck against grand masters, so I probably would have fed that game as well.

Maybe I need to climb to higher ranks to practice dps there. It sounds ass backwards, but it's the truth. Especially since whenever any other last pick is a flank, grand masters complain. Everyday on Twitter and Discord they complain about last pick low elo players. Yet when I'm on a team with them "can you please play Androxus?" Like wtf is up with masters expecting me to play Androxus as a last pick.

Also had an Andro (actual pro playerr that plays on the PPL) tell us to ignore point completely. Result was very predictable... I get flanking from a side and then diving point (something I do all the time playing tank), but...

Also if anybody tells me to play Io one more time... Just let me play my Grover in peace. I mean my Io is somehow actually really bad, and my Grover is at least decent enough to play in ranked. And it's not like an actual throw pick or anything... Grover's pretty decent in his current state, you just have to play around him and f***ing group...

Also had a GM streamer that threw a game by constantly letting me die playing Inara trying to contest half their team while getting one flank. Like what the f***. And I WAS THE ISSUE THERE? WHAT?

• PC

'no win' situation

If I didn't want to play X I would request to swap if I wasn't comfortable with the choice. Their refusal to swap places the blame on them.

• PC

Interesting facts: There's been THREE damage champions released since the last flank... And it's been OVER TWO YEARS since we've gotten one...

At least we're getting a new one finally, but could they have just made Tiberius into a flank or something...? I honestly can easily see a flank design for him... Or better yet, rework Vivian into a flank that isn't just a badly designed bullet hose...?

Also PSA if you're the only tank PLEASE DON'T FLANK WHEN THEIR POINT TANK AND/OR HEALER IS STILL NEAR CAP...

Back down to plat... YAY.

• PC

People will never f***ing learn...

IT'S KIND OF HARD TO HEAL STUPID!

• @Dusklicious I've already learned that if we lose always the supporter is the trash.

• PC

@KicsitCsicska said in September Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious I've already learned that if we lose always the supporter is the trash.

Well that's what the DPS mains will tell you. It's always the tank or the healer when more often than not they're at fault.

• PC

@Dusklicious

I'll blame you (role not important) if you're ever on my team 🙂

• PC

So according to the Paladins Discord I'm apparently delusional for trying to say that point tanks shouldn't just face tank everything, and that Barik is actually good point AND off BOTH if you stop playing him like he's Inara.

What they don't realize is that THEY'RE the delusional ones with NO experience on the subject... I mean they say that damage doesn't matter for a tank, which is downright laughable. At that point you might as well say that Term and Inara are the only viable tanks in the game because their sustain is better and that's the only thing that matters... Also tried to argue about how useful Barik's jump actually is and it's apparently "bad". Lolwutno. Jump techs with Barik are pretty much ESSENTIAL to mastering the character. Also in the process of arguing about how he "does no damage" (lol he legit has the second best damage output of any tank in the entire game) they contradicted themselves saying he's "all damage" (which isn't true either, because he is top 3 in the CLASS when it comes to mobility, and his shield is STILL top half).

Like my goodness they can't have more than f***ing two functioning brain cells to argue what I've seen argued. All these morons ought to just stay on Reddit with the rest of their idiot kind. I mean if you think you know more about my main than I do you're probably wrong, considering I've beated Kresnik's (You know the player they think knows absolutely everything about the game) Barik TWICE with mine (actually a 2-0 record in fact, because I've played against it only twice), at least one of which was probably on his stream. And I've mained him since OPEN F***ING BETA. Arguing with these people is almost as bad as trying to reason with one particular toxic member of the forum that's since left.

It's like they think every point tank should be an Inara clone or else it's bad. F***ing cancerous pieces of $#!+ just exemplify how toxic the community actually is. These are the kinds of people that look at pro tierlists and think that means they know more than everyone else all of a sudden. Pro tierlists RARELY ever make any sense or jive with my experiences playing the game, even in Diamond+. Atlas is somehow better than half the tanks in the game when he's only situationally useful and he STILL has the worst tank ult in the entire game? Ok. And we'll trust these people with every judgment.

At least they aren't quite as bad as Bird's old tier lists, but they're still pretty ridiculous to me. It's almost like most high level players opinions... AREN'T FACTUAL! Who would have guessed? Anyone who isn't another Reddit level sheep?

So I had one of those high level players on my team throwing a casual game. Nice. A PPL player actually.

• this bounty store is so annoying and buggy...no one knows how really works and they duplicate skins....still buggy with wrong title and timer....
    p.s. I see andro steam skin...now I see academic skye but the title of the skin is Raven (strix skin)
    NO COMMENT!!!

p.s. 2 And now is new skin with torvald clock omg...

• @HeartQueen
    No champ hard counters Androxus

That map is really hard to flank snipers on though. Master riding is madatory to get any kinda flanking on that map.

Even though your team may have expexted more Androuxs that you have skill for. If there was no counters on your team and you said screw it i cant do it, its to hard you gave up.

You could have at minimum got some practice using Andro. That GM Strix beat you with the title GM because you didnt even try to outplay them.

• PC

Oh don't you love people that throw JUST BECAUSE you picked Torvald, in a CASUAL ONSLAUGHT GAME?

Like it makes them look bad when their kdas are all worse than Torvs are.... It's like, he's the worst champion in the whole game and he's outperforming actually good characters in a match where he can't even pocket...

I think it's official: I'm going to trust almost nobody to play Willo in ranked, ever. Willo is such a bad pick in almost every situation. Like I will legitimately dodge before letting people play Willo on my team, because she's just such an atrociously terrible and worthless champion. It's especially bad when you pick Willo instead of a SECOND TANK and your first tank is against THREE COUNTERS... (Barik v Cripple Inara, Raum, and Damage Grohk)

• PC

I really enjoy having GMs and Masters on my team that have no idea what teamwork is in my ranked games.

• @Shadowpuppy ???

Fam, on console, an aim assist Viktor completely fucks Androxus. He literally outranges Androxus and his grenade and ult goes around reversal. If you think that a Diamond 5 Androxus on console is going to do well against a grandmaster Viktor on console, then boy do I have a bridge to sell you. Even if you look at pro tournaments, the console Viktor players usually melt Androxus unless the Androxus really outplays them or they get the Viktor when they're low. It was especially made hard when he had a Strix next to him, and they were getting an Io pocket. So even if I were to theoretically outplay one of them, the other would just burst me down at the best case scenario. Worst case scenario, they both look at me and melt me down in 1 second.

I guess I do have to practice with Androxus, but it was just a shock to me. I've never seen someone expect a bottom pick to try to carry a ranked game as a flank. Usually it's considered a throw pick for the last pick to go flank. Yet in the few games that I've had with masters and grandmasters, it was weirdly expected of me. I probably could just also go back to Buck and start learning to play him in high elo games. Buck counters Viktor, Androxus, and snipers, so that's a relief.

• PC

When somebody else wants to ruin your main because they don't know how to play them be like: ☹

Because clearly Barik should be the same as Inara and Term, and because clearly a short hurtbox is NEVER able to be used to your advantage... When I do it all the time...

And now somebody has blamed me picking Barik for THEM throwing ranked. Well that's a report. A Lian that can't outdamage a Barik having to OT a sniper on Frog. I mean I'd actually say Lian is the bad pick if anything, ESPECIALLY INTO BURSTY COMPS. Lian is actually a bottom 5 damage right now, just because she can't take burst.

@HeartQueen Huh because on PC Andro generally can just farm the Vik pretty easily. Granted on PC Andro is the best flank right now. On console I think it's probably Talus, but I don't know the console meta that well.

• @HeartQueen if you can get viktor and strix to look at and watch for you as a flank you are doing your job. Outplay does not mean kill. You can outplay people without even shooting.

It is clear to me that you have the knowlede of match ups, you juat need to open up your mind to how you can use that to win matched.

• PC

Looking at a lot of these PPL tierlists on Guru makes me think the people who made them were high on something...

Ruckus "the best off-tank in the game right now", Torvald and Bomb King in the same tier, Pip in S... Just what in the f*** am I even looking at...?

The Ruckus claim is the one with the most validity and even then it's only plausibly close to true in terms of skill ceilings. Below Diamond, Ruckus is almost as bad as Torvald. Torvald is legit the worst champion in the whole game and BK is the best blaster in the game, they're nowhere even close, and Pip is worse than Grohk pretty much all the way below Diamond. In fact, almost EVERYONE I've seen justifiably considers Pip a THROW PICK.

EDIT: Also atlas is "worth banning"... 😆 Atlas is only situationally good, and is pretty much always not worth picking before mid-draft, and even then he needs certain maps and to be against certain champs (one which I'll acknowledge is the ACTUAL best OT in the game right now). When Atlas isn't good, he's on par with Khan.

Oh and I just have to add they think Damba is better than CORVUS. F*** it gets pretty delusional.

I mean seriously these people are willing to say Ruckus is the best OT in the game, but yet Barik doesn't have enough sustain to compete? Barik sustains WAY BETTER THAN RUCKUS DOES!

• PC

Kind of unfortunate the Turtle never really made it into the meta. In fact, if anything, he managed to get worse in the meta. With Atlas and Fern both now being viable competitively thanks to their buffs, Koa is just being left further behind...

I mean sure he'll get buffs but I'm not so sure if they'll really be enough to put him on the map. He got buffed SO MUCH last patch, but yet he ended up no better than before...