September Rage Thread

• I honestly hate having to dps. It's a role where I sweat my ass off and get all of the blame if we lose. It's why I don't like playing dps in ranked games, but I kind of have to. Maybe if I kill enough people and output enough damage, I could make up for the 2-9 Skye or the 7-18 Dredge, right??? Nope. But I do love when the enemy team says "ez" or "noob." That's why I hate being dps. You literally get insulted for sweating your ass off. And if you can't kill enough people to make up for the 2-9 Skye or the 7-18 Dredge, then it's obviously YOUR fault that you lost the game. You're the obvious noob in that scenario.

• PC

Public Service Announcement:

TWO BLASTERS. ON THE SAME COMP. N-E-V-E-R works. I've had it dozens of times, and it loses EVERY SINGLE TIME. I just want my 3 Barik KDA for the season, dammit.

Also I hate dealing with snipers on Frog as a non-tank. ESPECIALLY as a support. Like being focused by a sniper and giving them easy kills by just trying to heal is NOT fun. "Don't peek" well, what if you DON'T HAVE A CHOICE?

• PC

I want a Vivian nerf and I want it now. At this point I don't want her even remotely meta until she gets a rework. Yes, I'm completely serious. Having a character that can hold down Left Mouse and kill an entire team, possibly even TWICE without even reloading is NOT OKAY. Especially when the only possible counter to the character is a mid-tier character that barely sees the light of day and characters she can ACTIVELY PREVENT FROM COUNTERING HER.

I've had to deal with Vik, Viv, and Zhin all on the same team before solo-tank. Let's just say it's abject misery.

• @Dusklicious The last time I've played against Vivian was 12 days ago. She is a super rarely pick. She wasn't even a problem...
    Képkivágás.PNG
    She just counters Barik 😁

• PC

@KicsitCsicska said in September Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious The last time I've played against Vivian was 12 days ago. She is a super rarely pick. She wasn't even a problem...
    Képkivágás.PNG

She's banned in Comp almost every single game... I see her all the time... And I mean I can't be the only one considering she's been an almost constant mention by the AoC for the past 3 or 4 meetings. Also, about her being good against Barik, that's not wrong. Barik point in particular gets kind of destroyed by a character that can spam so much damage. Barik off has more of a chance though in my experience.

Also I have a feeling that Viv in that game was throwing BAD.

• PC

@Dusklicious My son's Vivian (booby trap). Given a chance she is a real threat. No comment on the enemy comp for this one - they almost pulled it off 🙂 For some reason when I play Vivian I end up against a masters Evie most of the time. How do people main Vivian? The weapon sound is so annoying.

vivian.jpg

• @KicsitCsicska said in September Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious The last time I've played against Vivian was 12 days ago. She is a super rarely pick. She wasn't even a problem...
    Képkivágás.PNG

I personally see Vivian less often now. The champions that I mostly see now are: Androxus, snipers, Corvus, Jenos, Io, Seris, Inara, Maeve, Tiberius, Bomb King, Raum, Torvald, and Terminus. Take in mind, I'm only counting normal siege. If I were counting ranked, the list would look a little different. lol. That being said, when I do play against Vivian, she is generally annoying to have to play around and has a pocket up her ass. Though to be fair to you, I have gone against ass Vivian players. Like I went 10-1 on Lian and farmed that Vivian so hard. Still, when the person playing her has half of a brain, she will be a nuisance to deal with, especially when you add console aim assist to the problem.

• @Dusklicious Some Vivian players are just bad, no throwing needed. You need at least 2 braincells to play Vivian, and some people don't even have that. I remember having to give a loadout to a Vivian player because Skye of all people was eating her shit.

• PC

@HeartQueen said in September Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious Some Vivian players are just bad, no throwing needed. You need at least 2 braincells to play Vivian, and some people don't even have that. I remember having to give a loadout to a Vivian player because Skye of all people was eating her shit.

True, I mean people mostly play Vivian because she's so f***ing easy to play and make work. I mean on console I'm surprised she isn't picked all the time, because in theory she should be pretty much as good as Corvus is.

Also leaver penalties are getting ridiculous. I mean even if you account for the time that ALL players in the entire MATCH would have lost, you have, roughly 25 minutes and that's being generous. But yet consistently they've been at LEAST an hour long. How dare you not pick a character into a quad DPS comp am I right. I'm sick and tired of getting punished so much for other people throwing.

• @Dusklicious said in September Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious Some Vivian players are just bad, no throwing needed. You need at least 2 braincells to play Vivian, and some people don't even have that. I remember having to give a loadout to a Vivian player because Skye of all people was eating her shit.

True, I mean people mostly play Vivian because she's so f***ing easy to play and make work. I mean on console I'm surprised she isn't picked all the time, because in theory she should be pretty much as good as Corvus is.

The Vivian that got farmed was a console player, so big oof.

Also, people look down on players who play Vivian in casual matches if they're at least level 20, because she's so brain dead and effective. Now you have some Vivian players who don't give a shit, and they'll have a pocket just to rub it in. But for the most part, people in casuals or in stacks tend to stay away from her for that very reason.

• PC

@Dusklicious said in September Rage Thread:

The Vivian that got farmed was a console player, so big oof.

Also, people look down on players who play Vivian in casual matches if they're at least level 20, because she's so brain dead and effective. Now you have some Vivian players who don't give a shit, and they'll have a pocket just to rub it in. But for the most part, people in casuals or in stacks tend to stay away from her for that very reason.

All I'll say is: at least I know, for a fact, Vivian is getting nerfed so that MAYBE, just MAYBE she won't hard counter her own counters.

• @Dusklicious I'm personally excited for that nerf. Maybe I can play her and look at my Daywalker skin without having to face scrutiny from my fellow console players. lol.

• PC

@Dusklicious I'm personally excited for that nerf. Maybe I can play her and look at my Daywalker skin without having to face scrutiny from my fellow console players. lol.

Yeah maybe she'll get enough of a nerf to not be meta anymore. That's the hope. Which is a possibility because I also happen to know that there will be a Corvus Grand Design nerf.

Also @KicsitCsicska Even pro players put her among the best in the game. Even if I find myself massively disagreeing with their lists most of the time because they rarely make too much sense to me. And this is a character that requires a grand total of 3 brain cells to play.

https://paladins.guru/tierlists/ESj6j74gi < From an EU PCML player (Even if like half of his placements below S are hilariously wrong to me).

• PC

Okay. If you one trick Strix, how could you POSSIBLY lose on Frog Isle?

EDIT: TWICE IN A ROW?

• @Dusklicious This tier list is ridiculos. Ruckus on the top. Jenos over Corvus. Vivian above Seris...

• PC

@KicsitCsicska said in September Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious This tier list is ridiculos. Ruckus on the top. Jenos over Corvus. Vivian above Seris...

Barik as a bottom 5 character is probably the worst part. 😉

Though really imho he should be in the same tier as Atlas or Raum. I mean seriously, he should NOT whatsoever be in the same tier as Dredge who's totally and completely unviable on most of the rotation, and legit FLANK BAIT. I can respect maybe at LOWEST an A_ placement (in Guru format of course) for Barik. At lowest.

I bet I could see EXACTLY where a lot of these pro players go wrong if I watched them play or f*** just looked at their loadouts.

• PS_Messages_20200925_161416_2_resized.jpg

Even I couldn't carry this shit. Dumb as shit Barik, unaware Jenos, and a shit Moji. Barik be like "capture the objective" aka "stack the point" when stacking point gave Jenos a triple kill because Jenos, Moji, and Barik decided to just stack point while Terminus and I were zoning. Fucking laughable. Then the Moji who just hardcore fed the entire game. Jenos literally never got illuminate, even thought Skye flanked him all game. I had to max out illuminate just to protect him from the Skye, only for him to die to the enemy Jenos. I tried to work with Terminus because he seemed to be the only one doing something, but we just couldn't carry this game.

• @Dusklicious That list for the most part is a joke. I'll make a console tier list myself by class.

• PC

@Dusklicious That list for the most part is a joke. I'll make a console tier list myself by class.

I will say, the competitive environment isn't QUITE the same as ranked (Ruckus and Torv tank-wise are both a ways better in coordinated teams), but I really don't think it's so different as that list is from my perceptions... Like at least half of those placements are just way, way off from my experiences in ranked. I am considering making a tier list for tanks on PC and posting it on YT maybe a week or two from now. I also have made a general list but never published it (instead have it as a screenshot) on Guru.

• https://forums.hirezstudios.com/paladins/topic/4669/console-tier-list-by-class

I posted my tier list organized by class for console. Going to be different from PC slightly when you factor in aim assist and all that jazz.