September Rage Thread

• PC

Looks at the Paladins Wiki saying that Inara and Barik have the same skill cap.

Well there's your problem. Inara barely even has one and it can be reached by even DPS mains who never even play tank, which is part of why she's the best tank in the game. Barik on the other hand actually requires a bit more investment to master than some seem to think.

Also Nessa apparently has "Medium Crowd Control" when she doesn't have really any Crowd Control at all... Mines aren't CC all they do is a little damage and reveal.

• PC

Q times...

TIME.jpg

Is no items some sort of challenge?

20200927154856_1.jpg

ITEMS.jpg

• PC

@Vaporized said in September Rage Thread:

Is no items some sort of challenge?

A no item challenge could actually make for interesting content... πŸ€”

Also I think I know why pros think Barik is bad... Just had a GM Barik that was absolutely horrendous. Like I was playing Andro and pretty much distracting their entire team and he still couldn't do anything. As I said before it's not really the character. I think it's a combination of people who have no idea how to play him remotely as well as they should, combined with a pocket meta that admittedly hurts him.

• PC

@Dusklicious said in September Rage Thread:

A no item challenge could actually make for interesting content

Seems they don't need a challenge for it...

The bot problem needs to be fixed.. Forget balance and other bugs...bots are a nightmare.

20200927191646_1.jpg

• PC

This post is deleted!

• @Dusklicious

Well imo zhin is a lesser frontline, duelist assassin hybrid.
    He is a strong barrier bybass potential and a near perfect escape tools at the ready for mitigation of damage and enemy focus
    You missed the days that he was a perfect bodyshield.

He is honestly the right mix of fern/grohk.

I find his dps sloppy, I would like to charge but not hold strong attacks while having better primary light attack dps.

But I do agree his ult talent is... bleh... something that I hate about flank design so far.
    Some ults are "fuck you I win" from respawn when they ought to be tactical stagger or persistance moves with a trade off imo.

I would prefer less potential wombo combo team damage by banishing yourself and potential target foe to the shadow realm for the active duration.

Safe isolation of target and self, making target foe unable to be healed, instead of an uber damage value.

After all, Zhin is not the kind of character that would let his kill be interrupted until he is done right...

It would be possible to boost life rip fot ult, but etherial vampires scare Dimitri...
    Maybe team mark (Hunters mark) a target after ult to refirm team participation as well..

I'd see his ult take advantage of etherial and mobility kit aspects in an interesting manner rather then body drop cannon.

The ult talent should not have such high raw potential damage, instead foucs on the potential window gained after ult does not connect with target.
    Brief damage amp after missing ult, greater ult charge return.

But i digress, I am not a real fan of flanks until they gain utility foes in ways other then damage and self sustain. However zhin works due to etherial has its own level of oppression and safety in a team fight.

• PC

Okay if you instalock the best and easiest tank in the entire game in ranked (Inara) and feed super hard, that is a report.

How do you even FEED to 0/6/1 in less than 6 minutes with a character with that level of sustain? How is that even POSSIBLE? Especially on a comp with a Gourd Damba...?

• PC

@Dusklicious

You had only Lian for DPS (you don't count). Both your supports went heal talents. Lian was probably fighting Andro most of the time. Inara was free food for that BK - really both of you.

IMO, dead match and not Inara's fault.

• Well we finally get another elf...

But jeez, this whole batch of new champions is pretty edgelordian.

Scythe Chick... we needed that weapon... but attached to that character...
    Its like sticking a death grimace on a plushy... egh...

• PC

It's nice that Vora's a, uhh, very edgy elf corrupted by a symbiotic probably alien parasite.

But WE NEED MORE DWARVES! Barik's still all alone... 😞

• @Dusklicious Characters are designed to be as different from eachother and from any other well-known characters in the popculture as possible. If they made similar character to anyone, ppl would say it's a copy.
    There are already many similarites among paladins champions and characters from other video games (Sha Lin is like Liu Kang from Mortal combat, but with a blow. There are also similar characters in LOL with released soon before their Paladins counterpart: Zhin, Dredge...)

There are more than enaugh chmpions in this game. We need more maps, not champions. Mostly siege maps. We just play on the same maps all day...

If you wanna play with more dwarves try out Heroes 5.5. It's free and has a fully dwarf fraction 😁

• @KicsitCsicska
    Yeah but going so far to copy/paste scarlet from mortal combat is far from original...

Most of the games greatest characters just need be simple yet effective in theme and playstyle to have a good gameplay loop.
    Yet characters that rely purely on cosmetics without having worthy gameplay to back it up do not really fit the role of the game IMO..

Most characters these days are trending to fit a faction, fad or a role without having a the trope fantasy really nailed into character design or playstyle irk me.

I miss the days of Knights, Dwarves and Dragons.
    Now we get Dragoncaller Elementalist, Ghost Pirate which could be 4 completely different trope character concepts.

More so, champions are becoming this over detailed mess to look at. I agree that there was an era of champs like lex, jenos, viv and strix whose design is bland asf. But creating too detailed designs just detracts from the humble, folksy fantasy world.

Imo characters should come with a basic tier skin, apprentice level skin, with possible purchasable skin on release which consists of a lore friendly war seasoned character skin.

The primary design following the keep it simple stupid, trope fantasy class of character, the veteran skin being a battle hardened display of that fantasy role in all its glory.

• I would like a she dwarf with a bulky deployable turret to hide behind.
    Hitscan slow chaingun or homing rocket, line of sight marker to show current hostile target.

Primary auto shotgun.
    Altfire is a momentary target reveal that attracts turret attack priority when viable.

Mobility is a teleport device with deployable hp, thrown like heavy grenade becomes deployable after set up time after floor contact.

Ult is area of land mines.

Already a better champ then viv...

• PC

Since smurfs are everywhere only fitting..

New Barik skin:
    BarikSkin.jpg

New champion:
    smurfette.jpg

• PC

Instead of Barik, Atlas, Torvald skins, we get THE WORST BP EVER! Not only are all the skins for DPS champions, but almost all of them are bad skins...

Congratulations for catering to the DPS mains Evil Mojo. Leave us tank and support players in the dust.

• PC

@Dusklicious

I posted a skin for you - see my prior post.

Vora: WTF is that ultimate... OMFG

Imani: Getting a buff to Splitting Ice via faster fire rate. Hmmm. Nerfed Pyromania damage - Ruins my sniper Imani with that talent.

Inara took a decent hit.

Lex: Sliding while air born? OMFG.

Grover: Fixed an issue where Grover’s Blossom VFX would remain in the world when he died until he respawned. About friggin time.

They can change, fix, break, do whatever till the cows come home but what good is it all if people turn into bots.

• I was mostly disappointed with this update show

Battle pass

Vivian and Tyra look stupid with modern guns in an rpg like fantasy battle pass. Bomb King just looks ugly. Zhin look good, and he's the only good skin in this battle pass. Yet I already have other skins for him that are also good, and I'm not getting this battle pass just for Zhin.

Balance

Inara didn't need a nerf. Terminus still skates by. Vivian got a slap on the wrist once again.

• PC

@HeartQueen Apparently Tyra has been spending serious time at the gym.

• PC

Bad tank players that say you're bad because you're playing the game the way you should be make me want to buy a gun.

And also the DPS mains that deal 20k every game and say everyone else is stupid.