September Rage Thread

• PC

@Dusklicious Ask IO in post above yours..

• PC

This was a loss. Damba complaining about insta lockers... You should be glad I did cause you would have been slaughtered far worse.

20200906191628_1.jpg

• So I finally solo queue to diamond. I knew I would eventually get there. Would've been faster with my duo, but he was tripping. I don't know what's up with him lately.

Anyway. Due to me being a solo queue, I'm used to having to play around every nightmare. Supports who tunnel vision to the tank and have bad positioning, and blame their shitty gameplay on the dps. I'm used to the first pick flank not doing shit. I'm used to tanks who stack point, make no space and spam "Attack!" or "Need healing!" No, you need a brain fam. I'm used to the "ban Talus or I afk" and "give me Viktor or I throw crowd." I'm used to the 'heartman' and 'heartwoman', the obvious duo, where one of them will support, and the other will either tank or dps. And they'll both suck ass and be complete garbage. I'm used to the people below me who want to main a sniper, but their aim is complete trash. Like fam, snipers have no utility other than their raw damage, so if you can't hit your shots, literally ANY OTHER CHAMPION IS BETTER.

Yet, I wasn't prepared for the fuckery I dealt with yesterday. First off, I go against a grandmaster duo. Now this wouldn't be shocking. They often put diamond players in grandmaster lobbies. Yet, I was first pick, and going against a grandmaster duo. Oh, and I had a "ban Skye or I throw" person. Now I listened because even though Androxus is a problem, most diamond Androxus players aren't very good if I'm being honest. Yet we were against a grandmaster duo, and one of them picked Androxus, and farmed our entire team.

So match-making decides that my next game should also be against a grandmaster, and I have a Gold 1 person on my team saying "please let me be Koga." And he wasn't even last pick! lol. And a fucking solar blessing Furia. "Earn your diamond and stop complaining!" So I have to maintain my diamond rank by going against grandmasters with a Gold 1 "dps or I throw" person and a solar blessing Furia that only heals tanks? "You didn't have to be dps!" Oh, and our 7-11 Koga was such a find contender for that. I clearly should have given dps to another bottom pick. Such genius! I have to wonder why that person is level 738 and hardstuck in Platinum V on console and Silver V on keyboard and mouse.
    They're so smart, and should totally be a higher rank! 🙃

Next game I have to dps against other diamond players with Lian. Spoiler alert, I wreck them. And according to match-making for me! When I wrecker other diamond players, that means I can carry against grandmasters with a solar blessing Furia on my team! Brilliant system there. Seriously though, who teaches Furia players to go beam heals. Beam heals are fucking ass people. These solar blessing Furia players literally only get half the healing of the other support, and go on thinking that solar blessing is still good. I've seen a support TRIPLE the healing of a solar blessing Furia. That talent is ass people!

Then I also go against diamond players, with 3 qualifiers on my team that are all below level 40. One of them had an account level of 18, and picked a level 3 Lex. That was a team wipe. Wtf could I do in that case?

So I win some and I lose some. Still stagnating at diamond 5. Because the game puts me as a top pick against grandmasters, and then I'll win when I'm against other diamond or platinum players. At this point, I win or lose when it's decided by match-making.

• PC

Last pick last match... Ugh...

So we have four picks: a Jenos, Ash, Inara, Lian... Last pick could have just picked a second support, and we'd have had really good sustain and have been able to easily beat out a Barik/Term front. What does last pick do instead...? Pick Talus...

Okay, that could work right? Well, end game results screen and I see a 7/18/2 KDA, 23k less damage than me (Inara), and this is with Ash giving Talus PLENTY of space to go in on their support or DPS... But nope, he just dies and does no damage...

Can't we just not throw so much... I'm in f***ing Diamond for f***'s sake and these morons are wasting my time and screwing my ELO with their throwing...

And the game before that I was against a team that managed to lose with a smurfing nessa with almost perfect aim... Just how... It was pretty much like a slaughterfest for two rounds, and then I flanked the nessa and it was an easy win...

It's almost as if it only matters whether it's my team or their team that's trash and my individual performance factors almost none. I mean what else explains a solo Barik 4-0ing in Ranked against Plats and Diamonds... (Doesn't help I'm a legit Barik god)...

• PC

Ugh if you don't know how to play off-tank don't play ranked. And don't blame the point for your idiocy.

Also learning I'm legit trash at comms. Like VGS just works better for me.

Also is just me or is push-to-talk bugged as f***...? Like I don't even have to press the bind for anything to go through. Like it will just transmit literally every sound I make.

• PC

Some days it's better to just not Q... Yesterday I got an incredible number of throwers, afks and trolls. One even said they are paid to troll. Probably joking but you never know these days.

I think I'm going to just insta lock my worst possible choices and let them all deal with it. It is a throw away account so WTF. Besides, It's not like the report system does a damn thing. I've still yet to receive one single confirmation for over a year that any action has ever been taken. Even the latest racist report never did anything.

• PC

@Dusklicious said in September Happy Thread:

I will likely start posting videos for Paladins sometime next week after my mic comes in. 🙂

Starting to realize there's a reason why I said "will likely" instead of just "will." If push-to-talk wasn't absurdly buggy and sometimes straight-up doesn't work properly, I'd probably be there now. But nope.

Evil Mojo, please fix it or if I get in the AoC next year (unlikely is an understatement), I will tell you to.

WHAT? XD
    4868ec22-6f5d-4e3b-a7e9-d68486be3441-image.png

• PC

One thing I hate about Corvus:

If your entire team is throwing, he's legitimately useless. Like the reason why Corv is so good completely goes out the window. And apparently them throwing will be on you even if you're playing one of the most team-dependent characters in the entire game.

If there's even one good player on your team, you can still keep the mark on them and they'll still have 25% free lifesteal and 12% free movement speed. But if not...

• @Dusklicious It's why I hate the design of Corvus, and don't understand why people like him so much. He's literally everything wrong with how to balance a support. He's extremely dependent on his team and can't do for himself. He literally takes no skill to use, just mark 2 targets and apply that heal and life steal and speed buff through walls at any distance, so long as you have line of sight on another teammate. He has the worst type of healing in the game, which is the pocket healing. And he's the patron saint of this shitty "pocket the dps" meta.

• My match quality is getting worse and worse. It's now asking me to carry bots against literal 5 stacks now. Like people with no gamesense at all on my team.

"Tyra's fire kept killing us on point." Yes, because you dumbasses rush point! And standing right in the fire. While expecting our Seris to heal 3 people getting burnt to a crisp. I tried to tell them to flank right as a group so we can get the Vivian who isolated herself to the side and then we could go for Tyra, and the rest of the team would fall. But having a brain and basic gamesense is overrated, much better to just rush point and feed 3-16 or 6-14.

Next game wasn't all bots, but it was basically a 2.5 vs 5. Yeah, I couldn't do much that game because I was Evie against a Lian and Terminus with a fucking Torvald pocket and they had 2 supports pocketing them. Which is literally the most pussy comp I've ever seen ran. That right there really solidifies why I hate this fucking meta. This meta is about getting pocketed with little to no fucking counterplay. The only counter to that composition is literally a double or triple pocketed Strix/Kinessa/Cassie/Viktor. They're the only ones with enough consistent damage after wrecker to break those shields and they have enough burst and range to compete with Lian. To add insult to injury, our Grover wasn't buying any items at all, and his account level was 31. So match-making expected 3 people to carry a Grover that didn't buy items and a very new Fernando player, against a grandmaster 5-stack.

• PC

I swear if I have to say that Inara and Term are the only viable solo tanks one more time in ranked lobbies... Ugh.

STOP FORCING ME TO BARIK SOLO TANK! IT GETS FRUSTRATING TO LOSE BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW TO DRAFT LIKE ANYTHING BUT A BRONZE PLAYER! Yes, that is me yelling into the abyss of morons with a collective IQ of 40.

• PC

So apparently I was against my old duo partner in a ranked game and he was just $#!+ talking me the entire time after the match ended.

Yeah really because not being able to win as a healer with useless DPSes means you're bad right. Especially after all those times I essentially carried the entire game for this f*** playing a tank.

• PC

• PC

Yet another game I have to report my ENTIRE TEAM for inting:

Looks like a clear case of inting to mee..jpg

Looks like a clear case of inting to me..jpg

Also I will note that Evie was the last pick, Ying was mastery 170+, Bomb King was almost mastery 150, and this Skye pretty much just killed herself the entire game.

Also I got top damage by 25k in a 7 minute match... OVER THE YING... Just what the f***...

@Snugglebit Not meta but it definitely can work. I've seen Jenos/burst healer (Grover, Io, Furia preferably) with a solo Inara and two damages work as high as Diamond/Masters.

• PC

Can't we learn that just because Inara is top 3 frontline in ranked Siege doesn't mean she's not trash tier in TDM?

Like playing Inara in TDM 9 times out of 10 is essentially throwing. Then there's the 10th with that one Inara player that can make her actually do damage instead of just soaking it and dying on loop.

Also how do people LOSE games when they're being carried by a pocketed PPL player...?

Also how do you feed a 5 supp comp playing Willo? You legit press one key and you counter their entire comp. It's like the only situation where Willo isn't only at the best mediocre but actually really strong. Also if the only one able to do anything on a comp is a F***ing TORVALD there's a problem. And that has happened THREE GAMES IN A ROW. And I was the Torvald in all of them. Like the last of them literally EVERYONE except me and one dps were legit inting. A TDM match my team lost by 30 kills and I had only two deaths...

• PC

Useless.. I haven't reported anyone in like two weeks.

20200912153618_1.jpg

• PC

Well, since the mic registers my key presses as being so loud they're to the point of being obnoxious, I'm going to have to go back at some point and re-do the voicing... And since I'm lazy that might mean it'll be a day or two.

Making a sniper focus a sniper on the other team against two flanks is usually a bad idea.

• @Vaporized said in September Rage Thread:

Useless.. I haven't reported anyone in like two weeks.

20200912153618_1.jpg

I think I heard someone say that it depends on the amount of reports in a certain time period. I know that I reported someone for throwing, and it was a severe case of throwing. Literally like a day later, I got that same message.

• I honestly thought grand masters had a brain, yesterday proves that they don't. So I was duo with a diamond 2 person, and it put us in grand master lobbies. Now it wasn't bad for the most part. However, the last game before I got off really exposes the wacked out logic of supposed grand masters.

So the map is Bazaar. Enemy team has Strix and Viktor. Uh... It wouldn't be so bad, except they expected me to last pick Androxus against that. Umm.... I'm literally diamond 5. I'm a last pick. And y'all expect me to Androxus against a grand master Strix and Viktor on Bazaar??? I'll admit that I don't have as much game sense as a lot of grand masters. I cap out at diamond for a reason. Yet even I know that playing Androxus against that on Bazaar is a death wish. They blamed me for not picking Androxus. I honestly should have just locked in a fun champion I felt like playing at that moment. If I had picked Androxus, I would have been blamed for being shit and feeding. When I didn't, I get blamed for not picking Androxus. That is called a 'no win' situation.

At my elo, it's considered a throw pick to last pick a flank that the enemy comp/dps hard counters. At grand master elo, they want last picks to flank against their counters. How did these dumb fucks reach grand master???