Ranked needs a complete nuke

• I don't like the "delete everything and start over" approach to things but ranked really needs a complete reset and re-write from the ground up. First things first as much as it'll hurt a lot of people in the short run we NEED a complete hard reset of players ELO or whatever you're using as a skill measurement then and only then you can actually make matchmaking bearable by rewriting the code completely. I get that it'll suck for everyone to lose their ranks but it's for greater good of everyone and yes I'm aware of the "low playercount" excuse but if the matchmaking won't get fixed or at least attempted to get fixed the playercount will keep dropping untill nobody will actually play ranked. So please understand that we need a blank slate to start over from and this time put Quality over Quantity. I'll gladly wait 10+ minutes for a fair match than play 2-3 matches where i'm getting stomped by GM veterans that played this game for years and know everything. I'm aware that there also could be smurfs in lower ranks but as long as there won't be a situation where GMs/Masters play against SILVERS people will survive. I'd rather get stomped by a smurf than somebody who I never even had a chance to win against from the start.

• Match-making in general needs an overhaul, including in casual matches. They need to pair people by individual elo and try to make matches that way. Match-making now is unbalanced for me. My level is high and my rank is diamond. I also think ranked affects casual matches to a certain extent. Like I notice that it expects me to carry 2+ bots who don't even have basic gamesense. Like not buying cauterize, and some don't buy items at all. Like a recent match where match-making expected me and 2 other people to carry a bot Grover and Fernando, both of whom were extremely new (account level 31 and 27), against a grandmaster 5-stack. Like wtf??? Now, I know that grandmaster 5-stacks are hard to find a good match for, so it throws match-making off. But for fucks sake, could match-making at least TRY. They literally just pull names out of a fucking hat at this point.

Ranked is also trash as well. Match-making in ranked literally expected me to carry a 3-stack of qualifying players, all with an account level under 40, against other diamond players. Ranked be like "maybe this guy with a level 3 Lex and barely any other champions could potentially be a diamond player." Who was the genius that made this match-making and ranked system??

• @HeartQueen said in Ranked needs a complete nuke:

Match-making in general needs an overhaul, including in casual matches. They need to pair people by individual elo and try to make matches that way. Match-making now is unbalanced for me. My level is high and my rank is diamond. I also think ranked affects casual matches to a certain extent. Like I notice that it expects me to carry 2+ bots who don't even have basic gamesense. Like not buying cauterize, and some don't buy items at all. Like a recent match where match-making expected me and 2 other people to carry a bot Grover and Fernando, both of whom were extremely new (account level 31 and 27), against a grandmaster 5-stack. Like wtf??? Now, I know that grandmaster 5-stacks are hard to find a good match for, so it throws match-making off. But for fucks sake, could match-making at least TRY. They literally just pull names out of a fucking hat at this point.

Ranked is also trash as well. Match-making in ranked literally expected me to carry a 3-stack of qualifying players, all with an account level under 40, against other diamond players. Ranked be like "maybe this guy with a level 3 Lex and barely any other champions could potentially be a diamond player." Who was the genius that made this match-making and ranked system??

The problem is that your level / hidden elo doesn't even seem to matter because the script responsible for matchmaking prioritizes fast queue times instead of a fair match. I myself got matched with the exact same people multiple times in a row. Ok maybe 1-2 people were different but most of the time it almost feels like I'm pressing a "rematch" button. Either I get the same people in my team or the people who literally were in my team last match are in the enemy team now. It almost looks like the script goes like that:

1. Pick 10 random people
    2. After match ends swap out 1-3 people
    3. Repeat