Snipers

• Nerf the damage. As of right now they can two-shot nearly any champion- unless the target has bought 900 credits worth of items and the sniper lacks a damage talent. I think they should still be able to two-shot champions, but if at least one shot is a headshot. Their basic attacks taking down the average champion in two hits makes coming out of cover, even at full health, to do some damage a risky move.

And for those who think flanks are a good enough counter, they die in two hits as well and a decent sniper can drop something like a flying Evie with little effort.

When I bring this idea up at the post-game lobby the only people to object are the sniper mains.

Bodyshot-bandits make every1 cry plz fix

• PC

@KillerGnats32 said in Snipers:

Nerf the damage.

Yes, and specifically I'd say the following on each:

Strix- Needs his rifle fire rate nerfed from a total of one per .95s scoped to a total of 1.3s scoped. Also buff his pistol's damage a little to compensate because with him his main issue is absurdly reliable 2 second two-taps (this would make it take a good 3/4 of a second longer to get it online, making flanks have an easier time with him.

Kinessa- Replace Eagle Eye and nerf Steady Aim's damage duration and % to 4s and 25% respectively. In her case I think the rifle itself is actually fine, not like Strix's with the easy two-taps regardless of talent. But in her case instead it's the talent's effects on her damage output. Though for Eagle Eye, it's just impossible to make this talent anything other than either useless or broken... Maybe bring back Suppression or something I don't know. Just not a talent as impossible to balance as Eagle Eye.

• PC

@Dusklicious strix really need a nerf....kinessa is ok she need a charge on 1200 dmg but strix can instantly deal 1200dmg plain easy also his handgun beat andro on spead and dmg the worst on strix a stealth sniper.

im ok on teleport kinessa cause she got a long cooldown and slightly ok carbine but strix can stealth twice and his handgun dmg yikes.

• PC

@roiwtto999 said in Snipers:

@Dusklicious strix really need a nerf....kinessa is ok she need a charge on 1200 dmg but strix can instantly deal 1200dmg plain easy also his handgun beat andro on spead and dmg the worst on strix a stealth sniper.

im ok on teleport kinessa cause she got a long cooldown and slightly ok carbine but strix can stealth twice and his handgun dmg yikes.

Strix's pistol damage is actually not very good at all... It has less DPS than the rifle, is less accurate, and has pretty severe drop-off. In fact I think that to fix his rifle without also buffing his pistol may actually leave Strix in a pretty underwhelming state where Kinessa does everything better than he does. The stealth is also an issue I didn't mention because the poster mentioned their damage output, and the main problem I have isn't the stealth ability itself, but the Tactical Retreat card's consistent uptime. The fact he can always guarantee-ably increase his movement speed by 50% while also giving himself stealth, is a pretty huge problem... There needs to be an internal CD on it.

Kinessa on the other hand, I would see no issue with her if she didn't have two talents that both buff her sniper rifle, one of which is far too consistent and the other of which is so badly designed that it can only be either broken or straight-up worse than the other talent...

• Strix needs either lower damage or slower rate of fire.

Kinessa needs a nerf to steady aim. Make the damage boost only proc on body shots. That way Eagle Eye is more skilled, but you get more damage overall. Steady aim is more consistent, but less damage than Eagle Eye if you consistently hit head shots. Also, revert her charge rate from 1.3s-->1.5s

• PC

@Dusklicious i like kinessa better shes a balance sniper....charge shot, teleport long cooldown and a mehhh carbine but strix is the most broken range champ of them all i cant even go to any spot while strix go to open area in stealth and blast anyone he spotted

i only pick strix if he got changes but when i played him his still strong the only sniper i always pick is shalin and kinessa