October Rage Thread

Spooktober has begun, so let's talk about the scariest things in Paladins!

I mean matchmaking.

• I'm really disappointed for what we will received till end of the year....at least like new content.
    The new BP have a good skins but not enough good content. They removed Diamond chest even from the paid track since current BP, didn't add any new map...(just rework again) and they broke another promise and didn't deliver any new golden skins. And am I the only one who didn't enjoy the update show? I know its online because the covid but they looked so random speaking without passion...It was booring to watch. They wanted to rush and end the show fastest they can...
    Old update shows was way more interesting and long even when they didn't deliver a good content or bugs fixing..
    Hope for better new year for the game....

• PC

This next BP is abysmal, literally the worst BP ever except maybe Battle Suit.

😠

• https://paladins.guru/match/1027423755
    look at this bullshit.. im just install in epic games to get this kind of gameplay?

• @Dusklicious The battle pass had potential. I like the theme, they just chose the wrong people for it. Vivian and Tyra don't fit the theme at all. Vivian should have been replaced with Pip in my opinion. A fire witch could have been a great concept for Cassie (fits Seris and Imani more objectively speaking, but they aren't going to put them in two battle passes in a row). Bomb King was just a fat no. Zhin's skin is good, but I'm not buying it just for Zhin. Especially since I already have good skins for Zhin.

• PC

@HeartQueen said in October Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious The battle pass had potential. I like the theme, they just chose the wrong people for it. Vivian and Tyra don't fit the theme at all. Vivian should have been replaced with Pip in my opinion. A fire witch could have been a great concept for Cassie (fits Seris and Imani more objectively speaking, but they aren't going to put them in two battle passes in a row). Bomb King was just a fat no. Zhin's skin is good, but I'm not buying it just for Zhin. Especially since I already have good skins for Zhin.

IMHO they should have replaced Vivian with Torvald and replace Bomb King with Pip. That would have been much better even if the skins weren't good.

• @Dusklicious Wizard Torvald would be a great concept, but they did admit that he wasn't in the pipeline for this year, so I didn't even think of him. Honey Badger Pip would've been a cute idea. So wizard Torvald, Honey Badger Pip, fire witch Cassie, and then Elven Zhin? That would have been a great battle pass! It wouldn't be as hype as Radiant Stars because Radiant Stars was a great battle pass, and it's my favorite one to date. But the new one could've been great.

• PC

@Dusklicious Wizard Torvald would be a great concept, but they did admit that he wasn't in the pipeline for this year, so I didn't even think of him. Honey Badger Pip would've been a cute idea. So wizard Torvald, Honey Badger Pip, fire witch Cassie, and then Elven Zhin? That would have been a great battle pass! It wouldn't be as hype as Radiant Stars because Radiant Stars was a great battle pass, and it's my favorite one to date. But the new one could've been great.

The new one could have been great until they catered to the DPS main smooth brains instead of using their brain for interesting concepts.

My opinion of the current one has soured a bit now that I think about the waifu-baity nature of most of the skins. But it's definitely not BAD like this next one is.

• https://forums.hirezstudios.com/paladins/topic/4702/ur-matchmaking-sucks/2

@DemoXKenalBare I'm so sorry that happened to you, but that's why I tell people not to do Test Maps, Onslaught, or TDM. Those modes have sweaty 5-stacks that farm because they know that more people in Siege will put up competition. Like I looked at the Androxus's profile, and it's a wall of TDM and Onslaught and he's always in a 4 or 5 stack. It's better to queue for Siege because of that. I only set my preferences to Siege, and sure I run into sweaty players, but that's because I'm diamond and I've played this game for a long time. Of course I'm going to run into those sweaty players and a few stacks, and I do well for the most part. And when I stack, I still run into stacks. Like I played a great game of Evie against a grandmaster and diamond 3 stack. I've played some great 3-4 losses and 4-3 victories against diamond+ 5 stacks while 5-stacking with my friends.

• @Dusklicious said in October Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious Wizard Torvald would be a great concept, but they did admit that he wasn't in the pipeline for this year, so I didn't even think of him. Honey Badger Pip would've been a cute idea. So wizard Torvald, Honey Badger Pip, fire witch Cassie, and then Elven Zhin? That would have been a great battle pass! It wouldn't be as hype as Radiant Stars because Radiant Stars was a great battle pass, and it's my favorite one to date. But the new one could've been great.

The new one could have been great until they catered to the DPS main smooth brains instead of using their brain for interesting concepts.

My opinion of the current one has soured a bit now that I think about the waifu-baity nature of most of the skins. But it's definitely not BAD like this next one is.

I love this current battle pass actually. I like the more girly and cutesy skins though. I will say that I really hated Imani at first, and I still think they should have kept her original face, but I do like her skin a lot better now.

Though if you aren't into that aesthetic, I can see why you wouldn't like it. However, the next battle pass is just wasted potential. They really could have been creative there, but they just dropped the ball. Like a fire witch Cassie would've been bad ass, and wizard Torvald totally fits him! Yet they decided to turn a Call of Duty soldier into an rpg witch. With a fucking wooden gun. That shit looks so stupid.

• PC

@Dusklicious said in October Rage Thread:

However, the next battle pass is just wasted potential. They really could have been creative there, but they just dropped the ball. Like a fire witch Cassie would've been bad ass, and wizard Torvald totally fits him! Yet they decided to turn a Call of Duty soldier into an rpg witch. With a fucking wooden gun. That shit looks so stupid.

To borrow an emote from my Discord server, this was EM's brain for this BP:

SmoothBrain.jpg

• PC

This post is deleted!

• @Dusklicious said in October Rage Thread:

Not only will she have 1640 DPS WITHOUT BOUNCES FROM SPLITTING ICE on her frost bolts, and they slow !

Wait, what ? It'll be 410 dmg every 0.5s, how did you get 1640 dps ?

Right now she has 812.5 dps with frost bolts, it will just become 820....

• PC

This post is deleted!

• @HeartQueen yeah it's sad because im solo and new player to faced a stack of high levels.. i just don't understand their logic of matchmaking tbh

• @DemoXKenalBare The issue is that not many high level people are going into TDM. If you see high level people in TDM, especially if they're in a 3+ stack, then they're going there to farm win rate and kda. I'm in a Discord where people admit to farming onslaught for a 100% win rate.

Screenshot_2020-10-01-22-29-11(1)(1)_resized.png

It's why it's better to go to Siege for the most part. Sure the people are more tryhard, but the match-making is a bit more balanced.

• PC

PTS Imani is VERY annoying to deal with.

Also, Vora sucks.

• @Dusklicious How can you test it? I just read that PTS is up, I started it, but it's under maintance...

• PC

@KicsitCsicska said in October Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious How can you test it? I just read that PTS is up, I started it, but it's under maintance...

I tested it before it got under maintenance... It crashed like constantly then... 😞

• I am eagerly waiting for PTS to open to try machinegun Imani. And this time, not due to a bug!