October Rage Thread

• @Dusklicious said in October Rage Thread:

Casual Frog Isle is great... Totally doesn't show that the snipers need nerfs and the map needs an actual flank route.

There's a reason snipers are permabanned on Frog. 😬

People hated Frog Isle because it looked ugly and didn't have frogs, not because of snipers. /s

• PC

@HeartQueen said in October Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious said in October Rage Thread:

Casual Frog Isle is great... Totally doesn't show that the snipers need nerfs and the map needs an actual flank route.

People hated Frog Isle because it looked ugly and didn't have frogs, not because of snipers. /s

And there totally isn't a simple fix in the map's design to plausibly address said sniper issue... /s

• @Dusklicious @KicsitCsicska We probably need to play her more before drawing to these conclusions. I think she is a potential top 5 in the right hands. With the tendrill buff, her other talents are good now. Her unyielding pressure talent is incredibly underrated imo and she has a burst combo that lets her kill people in ~2s. The combo is M-Q(ability)-L-L-H. If u combo ur medium attack with Q properly, u can cancel the long animation of M attack with ur Q ability and end up doing more than enough dmg to kill people and if your close enough u can gurantee the kill by using obliteration. She can harshly punish people that are out of position with this combo. Like Andro, she doesn't have any real hard counters assuming the enemy isn't running a double support comp. Her cripple is the strongest part of her kit and it's very easy to always have max stacks becuz she can get them by hitting shields and deployables. For example, it counters Ash the best off tank in the game. She is also another great counter to snipers stepping on kinessa even if she runs reposition with her cripple and can also 1v1 strix with her DoT dmg revealing stealth and her obliteration dmg immunity which she can use if strix doesn't miss shots at all. She is literally the one counter Andro has and its all becuz of her cripple which allows her to make trades with the enemy team and deny everyone's escape abilities. She counters so much with her cripple alone. You can even make her work as a decent dmg dealer similar to cassie but with less dmg and a cripple instead of knockback. Maybe I'm wrong but she barely came out a few days ago so....

• Everyone knows that Q combo. It kills even without the Q talent....

My issue with Vora is that she has Io dps... Evie has 850 for comparison.

• PC

@SNIper-poTAto said in October Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious @KicsitCsicska We probably need to play her more before drawing to these conclusions. I think she is a potential top 5 in the right hands. With the tendrill buff, her other talents are good now. Her unyielding pressure talent is incredibly underrated imo and she has a burst combo that lets her kill people in ~2s. The combo is M-Q(ability)-L-L-H. If u combo ur medium attack with Q properly, u can cancel the long animation of M attack with ur Q ability and end up doing more than enough dmg to kill people and if your close enough u can gurantee the kill by using obliteration. She can harshly punish people that are out of position with this combo. Like Andro, she doesn't have any real hard counters assuming the enemy isn't running a double support comp. Her cripple is the strongest part of her kit and it's very easy to always have max stacks becuz she can get them by hitting shields and deployables. For example, it counters Ash the best off tank in the game. She is also another great counter to snipers stepping on kinessa even if she runs reposition with her cripple and can also 1v1 strix with her DoT dmg revealing stealth and her obliteration dmg immunity which she can use if strix doesn't miss shots at all. She is literally the one counter Andro has and its all becuz of her cripple which allows her to make trades with the enemy team and deny everyone's escape abilities. She counters so much with her cripple alone. You can even make her work as a decent dmg dealer similar to cassie but with less dmg and a cripple instead of knockback. Maybe I'm wrong but she barely came out a few days ago so....

This whole argument seems to boil down to "well if you're really good with her maybe she can compete with, uhhh... Buck?"

Buck's not even very good. He's kind of middle of the road on a tier list, and he's the no.4 flank. Heck Evie has a better one of these arguments where she actually can compete with Maeve who's actually pretty good but not like Andro or Zhin who've been dominating the flank meta for the past couple of patches. But of course it requires you to be one of the 2 dozen people who can actually Evie well.

I mean this is an argument I've seen in support of Willo, who's just downright bad... "Well a few players can utilize these very specific things about X so they're pretty good." F*** if that's how tierlists work, stop the presses and put Barik on tier with Raum or even Fernando. Because yes a skilled Barik player can make him look almost as good as Raum or perhaps Fernando is in the meta. Oh it isn't? Ok.

• PC

@HeartQueen said in October Rage Thread:

And there totally isn't a simple fix in the map's design to plausibly address said sniper issue... /s

Raising the wall height would stop the stupid jump sniping I've seen - happens in Bazaar too. Doesn't help with the camping spots but it's a start.

• PC

@TTraw said in October Rage Thread:

Everyone knows that Q combo. It kills even without the Q talent....

My issue with Vora is that she has Io dps... Evie has 850 for comparison.

Enemy Vora has almost Dredge damage. People are getting the hang of her.

20201031172328_1.jpg

• PC

Stop giving me Ice Mines... Viktor quit or something.

My bindings were hosed in the beginning so Corvus called me trash. I had reset the modem while in the lobby. Why do I have to go to options to reset afterwards?

20201031190041_1.jpg

• PC

I'm so tired of bots. Prior match I had two - epic loss.

20201031200839_1.jpg

DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!