October Rage Thread

• Thought I'd post here as it's the most active, I can't download the PTS from steam does anyone have any ideas? When clicking it or using the steam install link it just does nothing at all 😞

• @lameaimgame I have no idea how to help you bro sry

• PC

@Matine1er said in October Rage Thread:

@DuskliciVora is perfectly balanced. , she has lot of self substain (maybe too much), good range, Immune DMG, Immune CC, high mobility, DMG reduction, Cripple.
    The skill required is not that low, u need to deel with the passive.
    Her DMG are correct, there is no burst and that nice.
    It’s a different kind of flank, u can’t say that she sucks in 1 day.

Hopefully it is not brain dead and casual like Tiberius

Uhm, if a 400 heal that you have to actually hit to get value out of is somehow maybe too much self-sustain for you then literally every other character in the game would have too much. Buck can heal for three times that much and it doesn't require it to even hit anything... Press Q and bam you get over 1k healing (over time, but still, Vora's is too). CC and Damage immunity is for like a split second and you have to use part of her burst to get it, her range isn't bad I will grant that. Cripple requires 5 stacks of passive which aren't particularly easy to get with her attack chain... Mobility is really high though especially running double tendril, but that in and of itself doesn't make her strong at all.

She does seem to have a bit of a skillcap, but yet again, you can have a character that SUCKS below Masters and actually good in comp. That doesn't make them balanced in anyway whatsoever. Evie and Ruckus are examples of that. And if Vora somehow gets that much better in comp or high level ranked, okay, but she'd still be overall middle-of-the-road at best.

Her damage is so hard to confirm because of how it works... Zhin's damage is much more reliable to confirm kills from because you can't just heal it away like you can with Vora's DoT. Heck, I've seen Vora lose duels to a DAMBA because he put a gourd under him, and in most of those cases I could clearly tell if Vora were a better flank she should have won. It's that bad. I mean Andro in that instance could just shoot him four times and the Damba's dead easy. Vora? She can somehow CONSISTENTLY LOSE DUELS to him of all characters.

I feel like with what I've seen, I can make the judgment she's definitely not a good character. At best she's on-level with Talus (PC, where he's very middle-of-the-road). At best. She looks to be outclassed in every usage she would have. Zhin deals with tanks better, Maeve has better mobility, literally every flank except maybe Koga using claws has worse sustain... As a sort of damage, she gets outclassed there as well by even the likes of Lex who isn't particularly good...

Not braindead? Are you serious? You just tried to argue that "the skill required is not that low." You just contradicted yourself with improper grammar. Makes you look like you're just defending the character and you're mad because I have a difference of opinion.

• PC

Rogue Company not being on Steam:

Thumbsdown.jpg Thumbsdown.jpg

Also no engineer character in Rogue Company ^

For the sake of not triple posting:

Doing 80k and going 12/18/7 with Maeve in a 20 minute match when you're going into almost entirely good matchups and you're getting pocketed by a Corv kind of makes you a feeder. You can't somehow blame the healer when you can't flank a Vik or a Jenos with Maeve while being Corv pocketed. That's ENTIRELY on the Maeve.

Also we had an Inara that did MORE DAMAGE...

@Dusklicious There is a chance that RoCo will be on Steam in some time πŸ‘€

• @Dusklicious said in October Rage Thread:

This next BP is abysmal, literally the worst BP ever except maybe Battle Suit.

😠

the one after this, angel theme, might have another jenos skin, and a 3rd Khan skin

• PC

@Zeebuoy said in October Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious said in October Rage Thread:

This next BP is abysmal, literally the worst BP ever except maybe Battle Suit.

😠

the one after this, angel theme, might have another jenos skin, and a 3rd Khan skin

At least it isn't more skins for just DPS characters most of which are pretty awful... πŸ™ƒ (Zhin's is good, but the rest are ehh at best. Bomb King's is absurdly cringy and Vivian's is just designed like it should be for a different character).

Still need a Torvald skin... Torvald be like:

No Skin Three Years.jpg

• PC

I had to MM with the same toxic thrower twice in a row. 0/6/1 Ash that did nothing but die and 3/13/3 Skye that just dived and immediately died. I mean when literally all your elims are given to you by the rest of your team actually DOING THINGS, it's funny to say it's everyone else that's throwing, because it's so clear the opposite is the case.

OK real talk, why would you ever pocket DPSes playing Mortal Reach Seris and leave your tank to die even though you are for some reason rushing Chronos on Seris? That's surely a form of throwing.

• I really hate getting overly focused just because I'm the only one doing shit. Like this one game on Evie where I went 7-6 while my team went:

• Maeve: 5-8 and I fed her one of her kills by the way
    • Lex: 4-10
    • Khan: 1-9 I know he was a solo tank, but that's still no excuse
    • Grover 2-9: he was actually okay and set up some of Lex's kills, but he couldn't do much.

Next game I run into the same person on the enemy team (they were Lian last game and Lian this game) and the whole team just overly focused me. Like I had a Zhin and Tiberius chasing me around the entire map. Heck, a few of our Strix's kills were when Tiberius was busy chasing me, and Strix snipes him out of nowhere. As a matter of fact, Strix literally got a triple kill (his only good play) because Zhin, Lian, Tiberius, and Fernando were diving for me and that enabled Strix to pop off with a triple.

And then another game as Evie where Strix, Bomb King, and Dredge were only aiming for me. Dredge even tried to solo ult me, and Strix even died a few times to a Viktor ult because he was too busy aiming at me. Bomb King died as well because instead of throwing bombs at the Viktor that was point blank shooting at him, he was aiming for me on the far end; you can't make this shit up.

I get that it's casuals, and I don't expect to win, so I just go for fun. However, it really isn't fun being overly focused every time I play Evie. As a matter of fact, scratch that, I get overly focused when I play any flank. Like I'll literally get focused super hard and have people spray each time they kill me when I play a flank in casuals. This never happens when I'm playing Kinessa/Lian/Drogoz, or when I'm playing a support/tank. I'm starting to think this community has a flank bias.

• PC

You know what's fun?

Solo tanking with a support that heals you 5 times in an entire match. Of course the Resonance Ying and the Damage Jenos solo supp... These are the kinds of people that deserve to lose all their games and the ones that should be banned from this game.

If I ever leave this game, it's going to be because of people inting like that. You're CLEARLY going to lose if your tank is non-stop shredded in a way they can't prevent because YOU won't heal them!!! Or if you play Andro and make him look like the worst character in the game when he's actually the best flank in the game...

I have reported 20+ people who fed that badly today, over the course of three hours... 😑

Also I forgot about Agony Seris. Which is pretty much just legit a throw talent that somebody would only play for the sake of the lulz and making their team mad at them because THEY WON'T RUN AN ACTUALLY DECENT TALENT! And of course EM doesn't take this issue remotely seriously because I BET only ONE of these people will actually have "action taken against them" when it's SO F***ING OBVIOUS THEY'RE TRYING AS HARD AS THEY CAN TO MAKE PLAYING THIS GAME MISERABLE FOR EVERYONE ELSE!!! But oh, forbid that you try to avoid playing with idiots like this in ranked, because that's clearly a much more egregious offense.

• PC

@Dusklicious Ban me then.. A win with my Res Ying.. First Ying match in ages. I hardly play TDM either.

resying.jpg

• PC

I have a RED WALL NOW.... Some of these people that play this game are f***ing idiots.

Woo-F-Hoo.jpg

Between the solo heal catalyst Pip, the solo heal Res Ying that healed me 5 times... This time it's supports who are getting my ire. I thought support-kind and I were bros. Huh, guess not the throwing ones.

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• PC

@Dusklicious Feeding streak.. ROFL.

• PC

Suggesting a re-buff of Grand Design....

There is no possible way that suggestion could possibly be reasonable unless you legitimately want Corvus to stay broken... 25% free lifesteal on 2 people while Corvus heals for ALL of it is clearly balanced... 🀣

If that's balanced then even Ash's lifesteal card needs a buff... Which it doesn't... πŸ˜†

And I bet you the person I'm talking about is going to say "what Corvus isn't good" And I'll say, "uhh he's literally meta defining right now because 25% free lifesteal on 2 characters is legit broken. Oh and do you want Vik and Viv to still be too good in the meta, because that's the consequence."

• @Dusklicious said in October Rage Thread:

You know what's fun?

Solo tanking with a support that heals you 5 times in an entire match. Of course the Resonance Ying and the Damage Jenos solo supp... These are the kinds of people that deserve to lose all their games and the ones that should be banned from this game.

If I ever leave this game, it's going to be because of people inting like that. You're CLEARLY going to lose if your tank is non-stop shredded in a way they can't prevent because YOU won't heal them!!! Or if you play Andro and make him look like the worst character in the game when he's actually the best flank in the game...

I have reported 20+ people who fed that badly today, over the course of three hours... 😑

Also I forgot about Agony Seris. Which is pretty much just legit a throw talent that somebody would only play for the sake of the lulz and making their team mad at them because THEY WON'T RUN AN ACTUALLY DECENT TALENT! And of course EM doesn't take this issue remotely seriously because I BET only ONE of these people will actually have "action taken against them" when it's SO F***ING OBVIOUS THEY'RE TRYING AS HARD AS THEY CAN TO MAKE PLAYING THIS GAME MISERABLE FOR EVERYONE ELSE!!! But oh, forbid that you try to avoid playing with idiots like this in ranked, because that's clearly a much more egregious offense.

Supports who go solo damage are the reason less and less people are tanking. It's not even the tank nerfs, it's literally the fucking support players who don't heal. A lot of them think they're getting revenge on dps instalockers, but they're really just making people want to tank even less. Like I've filled games as tanks. Sure it's annoying when the dps can't hit a shot, but it's agonizing to have a support that doesn't heal when you're a tank.

Binary Jenos can actually work if they have a healing loadout. It's just the case of "why go Jenos if not Luminary?" Agony Seris is a meme and outclassed by every other talent. Why would you go Agony as a solo support, when Mortal Reach flat out heals more? Why would you go Agony as a dps when Soul Collector not only does more damage, but it also ups your sustain? Resonance is also a meme and outclassed by every other talent as well. Focusing Lens does more damage, and that is a fact. Life Exchange does more healing, and that is a fact.

@Vaporized said in October Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious Ban me then.. A win with my Res Ying.. First Ying match in ages. I hardly play TDM either.

resying.jpg

Why would you play Resonance Ying though? I mean, outside of niche situations of course. Like, you do less healing than Life Exchange and less damage than Focusing Lens, so you get the worst of both worlds. So I will never understand why Ying players like that talent. I mean, as sad as the Solar Blessing Furia players are, seriously that talent is ass, I can at least understand why they would play it. Same with Debilitate, even though Smoke and Dagger Skye or bust. I just don't understand why anyone would logically play Resonance Ying.

• PC

@HeartQueen they arent logical thats why XD. I played reso in bots onslaught on my craptop just to grind lvls bc i cant aim with 1fps.

• PC

resying.jpg

Why would you play Resonance Ying though?

There's literally no reason whatsoever to play it over just running Focusing Lens. You don't have to use up your illusions to do damage that way AND your ult will charge faster... Playing Reso Ying at this point is just pointless to do, and 90% of the time tells me the person running it is trolling.

• The guy I was in a party with was a salty shit. "I'm tired of losing with you!" Take in mind, this was casuals. And I honestly don't know wtf he expected. Did he expect a miracle or something? I can't flank a Strix with a Corvus and Jenos pocket as Evie, so that's a bust man. I don't know what to tell you. It's a miracle that I even killed him 3 times due to the element of surprise and my ultimate. Plus I fed him some of his kills with my ult, so meh.

Next game, I was Kinessa and he was Inara. I was the only dps who knew how to shoot a gun and kill something on my team, so I was naturally focused by the 3-stack in a party. And even with eyes on me, I still managed to have the least amount of deaths, the most kills, and top damage. A fucking joke.

Next game I was Kinessa again, and I was the only one on my team who went positive at 11-7. Not sure what miracle he expected to pull. Maybe I need the skill of Ladji, or maybe he needs to look at himself as well for some of the losses. πŸ€” Nah, that would be too logical.

I'm like fam, if you really want to win casual matches that badly, just stack onslaught and test maps. lol. Guaranteed a 70%+ win rate, or your money back! lol.

• @Nico said in October Rage Thread:

@HeartQueen they arent logical thats why XD. I played reso in bots onslaught on my craptop just to grind lvls bc i cant aim with 1fps.

Yeah, I honestly see Resonance as the talent for Ying players with bad aim. Can't aim Focusing Lens shots and can't aim Life Exchange heals, so they go for the auto-aim shatters and try to max out morale boost. It's also telling that the best Resonance players that I've come across don't even main that talent.

@Dusklicious said in October Rage Thread:

resying.jpg

Why would you play Resonance Ying though?

There's literally no reason whatsoever to play it over just running Focusing Lens. You don't have to use up your illusions to do damage that way AND your ult will charge faster... Playing Reso Ying at this point is just pointless to do, and 90% of the time tells me the person running it is trolling.

It is a troll at this point. Like it's so bad. Most Resonance Ying players are not good at all. I've seen like maybe 7 good Resonance Ying players, and most of them main Life Exchange Ying.