October Rage Thread

• The guy I was in a party with was a salty shit. "I'm tired of losing with you!" Take in mind, this was casuals. And I honestly don't know wtf he expected. Did he expect a miracle or something? I can't flank a Strix with a Corvus and Jenos pocket as Evie, so that's a bust man. I don't know what to tell you. It's a miracle that I even killed him 3 times due to the element of surprise and my ultimate. Plus I fed him some of his kills with my ult, so meh.

Next game, I was Kinessa and he was Inara. I was the only dps who knew how to shoot a gun and kill something on my team, so I was naturally focused by the 3-stack in a party. And even with eyes on me, I still managed to have the least amount of deaths, the most kills, and top damage. A fucking joke.

Next game I was Kinessa again, and I was the only one on my team who went positive at 11-7. Not sure what miracle he expected to pull. Maybe I need the skill of Ladji, or maybe he needs to look at himself as well for some of the losses. 🤔 Nah, that would be too logical.

I'm like fam, if you really want to win casual matches that badly, just stack onslaught and test maps. lol. Guaranteed a 70%+ win rate, or your money back! lol.

• @Nico said in October Rage Thread:

@HeartQueen they arent logical thats why XD. I played reso in bots onslaught on my craptop just to grind lvls bc i cant aim with 1fps.

Yeah, I honestly see Resonance as the talent for Ying players with bad aim. Can't aim Focusing Lens shots and can't aim Life Exchange heals, so they go for the auto-aim shatters and try to max out morale boost. It's also telling that the best Resonance players that I've come across don't even main that talent.

@Dusklicious said in October Rage Thread:

@Vaporized said in October Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious Ban me then.. A win with my Res Ying.. First Ying match in ages. I hardly play TDM either.

resying.jpg

Why would you play Resonance Ying though?

There's literally no reason whatsoever to play it over just running Focusing Lens. You don't have to use up your illusions to do damage that way AND your ult will charge faster... Playing Reso Ying at this point is just pointless to do, and 90% of the time tells me the person running it is trolling.

It is a troll at this point. Like it's so bad. Most Resonance Ying players are not good at all. I've seen like maybe 7 good Resonance Ying players, and most of them main Life Exchange Ying.

• PC

@HeartQueen said in October Rage Thread:

Why would you play Resonance Ying though? I mean, outside of niche situations of course. Like, you do less healing than Life Exchange and less damage than Focusing Lens, so you get the worst of both worlds. So I will never understand why Ying players like that talent. I mean, as sad as the Solar Blessing Furia players are, seriously that talent is ass, I can at least understand why they would play it. Same with Debilitate, even though Smoke and Dagger Skye or bust. I just don't understand why anyone would logically play Resonance Ying.

I flat out suck with Life Exchange. If I want to heal bot I'll pick another champion.

In this particular match my healing was on par with the Grover so my team didn't suffer because of it. The Seris did roughly half the healing the Grover and I did.

The idea in this match was the Illusions would always explode providing some extra damage. I have to admit the damage didn't work out as planned and Focusing Lens likely would have been better.

Also, since I don't play TDM or Onslaught much, lately I've been using those modes to practice things I suck with, off talents or just champions I haven't played in a while.

BTW, a Focusing Lens match a few months ago - obviously no aim and no heals. I know, looks like some bots on both teams.. Seems no one cares about this problem.

20200229184408_1.jpg

• @Vaporized That works out against bad teams and that composition. However, against most compositions, especially in this hitscan meta, Resonance Ying is a literal throw pick. Like I remember this one dork who went Resonance while my team had all direct damage (Skye, Strix, Inara, Furia and Khan). She went 3-10 and actually left her Androxus and Viktor with no sustain, which is why we won. I flat out asked her why she went Resonance against a team with all direct damage, "bruh, we can literally just kill you without even touching your illusions, so what was the point?" But she got 100k damage in 18 minutes with 70k healing, so she thought she did great and blamed her Androxus and Viktor. Granted, Androxus did dive us too much, and got a fat beam to the face. He probably should have been a bit more passive, and to be honest, Androxus really wasn't the pick on Frog Isle against a Strix and Furia backline. However, she also shared the blame as well.

resonance against direct damage.png

Meanwhile, I was the Furia, I had more than double her healing. I healed more than her and Seris combined.

more kills than resonance ying as furia.png

Even though I had half of her damage, I got more than double the amount of kills, almost triple. That's because my damage was efficient. I basically helped Strix secure kills on Androxus and I killed the supports. I could've farmed damage on Ash, but that would be stupid. Much better to kill both supports and then use beam on Androxus when he tries to dive me.

That's the issue with most supports I come across. They don't think about efficiency, which is why a lot of them think Solar Blessing and Resonance are good.

• In argument of healing meta design...
    I really want heal boost and pocket talents removed in favour of better healing abilities and combos.

Boosting Healing values via talent should not be a dependant play style, even if it allows aggressive action and recovery times, it just allows a healing talent to have greater potential to overwhelm a fight until the counter options are stressed when this should be the essence of the character regardless of talent.
    Forcing a player to play a restrict playstyle for a team desired outcome, even if that role is lacklustre for personal entertainment, the victory achieved from sating the recovery demand by pump healing is not skill, its just not fun playing that support where the only influence you have is heal power.

Support Champions should have a mix of single target and an area healing instead of a single strong healing aspect that has potential to outright override a duel, with some design to carry themselves through the fight without having to build cards for it...

If not multi ability healing combos, then a consideration mechanic to compensate for lack of reactive priority target wombo healing by means of non reactive ramping healing mechanics brought by ability restrictions such as, the longer ability is applied / longer champion is in range of or within area of ability, or by granting feeble sustain over time values independent of requiring support focus to marginally boost a characters means of self sustain rather then require a reactive burst heal.

I find the power of channelled healing to be too focused on output power, thus it becomes a combat influence in battle to mitigate damage to large extent, when it could have some of its power reduced and displaced across other areas as previously mentioned. There are many ways in which the current forms of healing that we take issues with can have their direct power misdirected in order to have base kit passive changes to improve game quality and influence in other areas.

Overall I believe the value of healing should aim to match each others champions healing potential per minute, this value only boosted only by abilities that lockout damage for the sake of additional healing, and cards that see healing power returned off of eliminations or wise kit restrictions, environment requirements or ability sacrifices... Its just understanding the the maximum potential value gained from each return mechanic and finding a fair balance.

Hostile support talents are sort of all over the place with potential impact, some have weak area control, some are damage influence, some are single target lockout that hurts harder.

Personally I would prefer 3 types of zoning and control talents over heal talents that reduce player defence and hostility for a stronger hand holding value.

• PC

@HeartQueen

OK, you healed much more but (huge but) you had two fronts to heal as solo support. Their combined healing was 140k with only one front.

If you look at total damage output of both teams.
    Your team: 349k
    Enemy: 440k

Almost 100k difference in damage delivered. They can't heal what didn't come in.

Apples to oranges. Not looking at the whole picture is what causes a lot of unwarranted toxic BS (not directed towards anyone specific).

I have to side with the Ying doing decent. Seris appears to have been the primary support. I would place more blame on her than anyone else. I mean 14k damage in 18 minutes and healing is par with the "damage" Ying? It's not hard to hit a slow moving Inara with the orbs.

I wasn't there so - opinions from stats.. whatever.

• PC

That match you have to Corv into a pro Strix.

• @Vaporized said in October Rage Thread:

@HeartQueen

OK, you healed much more but (huge but) you had two fronts to heal as solo support. Their combined healing was 140k with only one front.

Almost 100k difference in damage delivered. They can't heal what didn't come in.

Apples to oranges. Not looking at the whole picture is what causes a lot of unwarranted toxic BS (not directed towards anyone specific).

I have to side with the Ying doing decent. Seris appears to have been the primary support. I would place more blame on her than anyone else. I mean 14k damage in 18 minutes and healing is par with the "damage" Ying? It's not hard to hit a slow moving Inara with the orbs.

Here's the issue. Ying basically farmed damage on Inara and Khan on point, while Skye waited for Androxus to dive, I send a beam, and she kills him. Then Khan moves off point when she goes into the backline, and they both kill Viktor and eveything falls apart. Both of them didn't look behind them at all, and Ying didn't even try to focus me or Strix. She just farmed damage on Inara. The least either of them could have done was try to pressure me into retreating so I couldn't peek to heal Skye, Khan, or Inara. Ying herself couldn't put an illusion by Viktor and turned around to help him with Skye and Khan.

Ying did none of that. She just farmed damage on point (half of her damage came from illusions and not her hitting shots, if it were actual shots hit, she would have less damage than me). In that case, she can't just blame the dps only when she didn't do a good job as well.

Also, our team did efficient damage. We basically took out the Androxus who got no healing from his team, took out the Viktor who got no healing from his team, and then killed the supports and Ash eventually falls. If you do 100k damage and only get 3 kills, something is wrong there. It means the damage you're applying is useless or you don't have cauterize. Illusion explosions don't apply cauterize, so that was the big issue in my theory. So she only did 53,229 useful damage. And most of that damage was done to Inara, who I healed up since Ying most likely got morale boost like most Resonance players do.

• PC

@HeartQueen said in October Rage Thread:

@Vaporized said in October Rage Thread:

@HeartQueen

Here's the issue. Ying basically farmed damage on Inara and Khan on point, while Skye waited for Androxus to dive, I send a beam, and she kills him. Then Khan moves off point when she goes into the backline, and they both kill Viktor and eveything falls apart. Both of them didn't look behind them at all, and Ying didn't even try to focus me or Strix. She just farmed damage on Inara. The least either of them could have done was try to pressure me into retreating so I couldn't peek to heal Skye, Khan, or Inara. Ying herself couldn't put an illusion by Viktor and turned around to help him with Skye and Khan.

Ying did none of that. She just farmed damage on point (half of her damage came from illusions and not her hitting shots, if it were actual shots hit, she would have less damage than me). In that case, she can't just blame the dps only when she didn't do a good job as well.

Also, our team did efficient damage. We basically took out the Androxus who got no healing from his team, took out the Viktor who got no healing from his team, and then killed the supports and Ash eventually falls. If you do 100k damage and only get 3 kills, something is wrong there. It means the damage you're applying is useless or you don't have cauterize. Illusion explosions don't apply cauterize, so that was the big issue in my theory. So she only did 53,229 useful damage. And most of that damage was done to Inara, who I healed up since Ying most likely got morale boost like most Resonance players do.

The Seris couldn't heal Andro or Viktor? Seris did 14k damage in 18 minutes - huge red flag there - much worse than Ying's talent choice. No, ignore that, just blame the Ying.

• Friendly reminder that Cassie's Crystal Storm event will start tommorrow so get your popcorns when you enter ranked lmao

• PC

@PotMaskedMan said in October Rage Thread:

Friendly reminder that Cassie's Crystal Storm event will start tommorrow so get your popcorns when you enter ranked lmao

Concentration of throwers and feeders before: way too many

Concentration of throwers and feeders after: somehow 4 times worse

Probably what it will be like.

• @Vaporized I'm not ignoring that and blaming the Ying. Their team had a lot of blame as well. Seris didn't heal Viktor or Androxus, just pocketed Ash. Androxus dove us too much. Unless the Androxus is far above the skill of Strix and Furia, he can't flank a Strix and Furia backline on Frog Isle. We see him coming from a mile away and I beam him and Strix bursts him. Should've played more passively, or just not pick Androxus. Ash was a bad idea as a solo tank.

My issue was that Ying went Resonance, which did nothing for her composition, and then proceeded to blame her team when she made some mistakes as well. This is a theme with most Resonance Ying players. They do useless damage and healing, so they just pad stats, and then blame team when they lose. Resonance is like Mortal Reach Seris, it does nothing but pad stats. You basically just run Mortal Reach to say "I got 200k healing, nice!" Yet Mortal Reach doesn't really do much.

• PC

Not Paladins related:

Male Karens are really something. 👨 Like almost always Karens refer to women, but the male versions have this same complex of obnoxious entitlement.

• Its called being a kyle.

But more so, its just inconsiderate crybaby people with small minded world views, that enebles them to be inconsiderate of anothers perspective.

I'm not suprised this has become a cultral norm, this is how americans converse over politics, and distribute cultral satire.

Western culture has lost a great deal of the early developmeny mannerisims that lead to consideration of ideas, or understanding of alternate perspectives or a person's point of view.

I know this is true as metal health and cultral education is in decline. Its the only reason I can explain why the grown up world has become the playschool they are now.

• PC

@HeartQueen

That was casual, right? Comps out the window since there is no counter picking.

Honestly people put too much weight on healing. It's not the end all to winning. There's a reason the role is called support and not healer.

I was watching my son play a ranked match a month or so ago (kbm plat/diamond level) - he was Maeve as he likes to flank. Last pick was up and they still had no support. He ignored that and picked Skye - not healer Skye either. My son starts ranting about it. I told him just play, if you're all decent it will be fine. You know they won with no support against a supposed "killer comp".

I've had people flame me for talent choices before even leaving the spawn the first time (not just Ying). All the "meta slaves" need to take a chill pill - especially in casual.

• PC

Even getting crystals can cause the game to bug out in such a way as to become unplayable...

I got stuck in a prompt about receiving crystals that could only be stopped by ctrl+alt+delyeeting it.

• PS_Messages_20201009_220836_2_resized.jpg

Imagine feeding and not healing, but spamming "attack!" I can't with support players. One of the easiest roles in the game, yet over 95% of them are bad at it. Like I don't expect much in a casual, but you'd think that if they were feeding and not healing, they'd stfu. Like, I truly don't care in a casual game, but when you start to insult me and act like I'm doing nothing, then the gloves are off.

• @Vaporized said in October Rage Thread:

@HeartQueen

That was casual, right? Comps out the window since there is no counter picking.

Honestly people put too much weight on healing. It's not the end all to winning. There's a reason the role is called support and not healer.

I was watching my son play a ranked match a month or so ago (kbm plat/diamond level) - he was Maeve as he likes to flank. Last pick was up and they still had no support. He ignored that and picked Skye - not healer Skye either. My son starts ranting about it. I told him just play, if you're all decent it will be fine. You know they won with no support against a supposed "killer comp".

I've had people flame me for talent choices before even leaving the spawn the first time (not just Ying). All the "meta slaves" need to take a chill pill - especially in casual.

It was a ranked game, no idea why they gave us Strix, Inara, and Khan tbh (this was when Khan was still good with Vortex Grip) on Frog Isle. I think you shouldn't care in casuals. I actually don't about casual games, which is why I instalock whatever I want.

Though in ranked, he's right to be mad. In that case, your son likely carried that game. It still doesn't make the last pick Skye right, it just means that they won despite the last pick being a pos with no game sense. To a certain extent, meta doesn't matter. Kinessa and Strix on Frog Isle are broken, but if they can't hit their shots, they're useless on Frog Isle. Might as well be a Moji on Frog Isle in that case. That's what it's like with a great composition. Like a Bomb King, Androxus, Inara, Jenos, and Corvus vs a Khan, Maeve, Ying, Pip, and Tyra. Sure the first team has a better composition, but if Androxus and Bomb King can't hit their shots and Inara has no game sense, while the Maeve and Tyra are godtier on the enemy team, the latter will win. Doesn't mean that composition is okay to run in every ranked game, it just means that the people in the first comp were too trash to make theirs work.

• The first time they asked me to play dmg, but still they did absolutly nothing...
    20201010210927_1.jpg

• PC

Friggin Strix bot.. FIX THIS SHIT!

20201010151803_1.jpg