Io balance

• @KicsitCsicska You have to understand that no one uses those cards because her other cards are just way better. Io is about self healing with her moonlight, moonlight capacity, restoring moonlight, and a filler (i.e. speed, deploy distance, reposition, and hp).

Personally, I'd buff her cards and nerf her healing. Reduce healing from 1,000-->900 per second. I think Luna's hp card should stay nerfed, since it's going in line with the bulldozer nerf. I do like the cooldown buff ideas. I just don't know if people will still pick them because her other cards are just much better.

• @HeartQueen Ppl use these cards, because these cards are better than others. This siw hy we here on the balance thread. Watch Seris. She doesn't need heal buffer cards, but she needs F skill cd reducer card, unlike Io. Why? Coz Seris' those cards are just better.
    If Io's cd reducer card will be buffed she will able to use them without penetly too.
    I think you have to understand this, not I have to the current meta, coz it's only about cards being meta or off-meta.

• @KicsitCsicska said in Io balance:

@Dusklicious Noone reflected to the balance changes what I suggested, but I'm not suprised already.

No one will pick those cards even with your buffs. If a support has cards that massively buff their healing those cards are mandatory. If Luna has 1K HP more this means she dies a second later. This is nothing compared to 20-30% more healing. Feral strength would have to be 500 so I start thinking about taking it.

@HeartQueen Ppl use these cards, because these cards are better than others. This siw hy we here on the balance thread. Watch Seris. She doesn't need heal buffer cards, but she needs F skill cd reducer card, unlike Io. Why? Coz Seris' those cards are just better.
    If Io's cd reducer card will be buffed she will able to use them without penetly too.
    I think you have to understand this, not I have to the current meta, coz it's only about cards being meta or off-meta.

Io cards need a flat out rework. You have to understand why people pick and neglect certain cards, and then you can balance. For example, TTraw made suggestions about Seris' cards. Soul Forge is the most useless card, and it hurts me when I see people run that card, much less at a fucking 5. So they suggested a rework of either giving her dr when she heals, or make it so that healing reduces the cooldown of rend soul. I think the devs need to take that approach with Io.

Personally, I don't know what I'd do to rework the cards. I know what cards I would get rid of though. Ammo on Lunar Leap and Reset Lunar Leap when you get below {15%|15%} hp. Really, all of her Lunar Leap cards are trash. They need a significant rework.

• @HeartQueen said in Io balance:

Reset Lunar Leap when you get below {15%|15%} hp

This is one of her best cards and I use it vigorously...

• @HeartQueen Ppl use specific cards, because those cards are better than others. You need to understand. If you change the numbers in the cards the balance can be solved, except when the bonus is trash. Like Evie's self dmg reduction.
    Io's moonlight generateor and capacity cards needs some nerfs too, and thats all.
    I like the cd reset on f and shield on it anyways. These aren't trash.

• @TTraw said in Io balance:

@HeartQueen said in Io balance:

Reset Lunar Leap when you get below {15%|15%} hp

This is one of her best cards and I use it vigorously...

Most Io decks are usually one of these:

• Deck one: Moonwalk 5, Restored Faith 3, Sanctum of Faith and Moonlight Garden 1-4, and a filler card (usually hp for Io, or the deploy distance for Luna)
    • Deck two: Restored Faith 3, Swift Arrows 3-5, Sanctum of Faith and Moonlight Garden 1-4, and a filler card
    • Deck three: This is the no filler deck with Moonwalk 3/5, Swift Arrows 3/5, Sanctum of Faith and Moonlight 1-4, and Restored Faith 3.

Like those are usually the cards, and I hardly see the Lunar Leap cards because you want health back on restore, you want capacity and/or regen cards, speed cards for certain situations, and by the time you can add another card, you generally want a card that's a good 1 or 2 pointer, and the Lunar Leap cards do not make a good 1 or 2 pointer.

@KicsitCsicska said in Io balance:

@HeartQueen Ppl use specific cards, because those cards are better than others. You need to understand. If you change the numbers in the cards the balance can be solved, except when the bonus is trash. Like Evie's self dmg reduction.
    Io's moonlight generateor and capacity cards needs some nerfs too, and thats all.
    I like the cd reset on f and shield on it anyways. These aren't trash.

Shield on Lunar Leap is a good card at 4 or 5, but you just don't have the budget for it. In most good decks, you have 2 points to spare at the absolute most. Having a 200 shield, at the most, for 3 seconds on a 12 second cooldown is not good when you can have a card that increases the deploy range of Luna, so you don't have to peak Sha Lin to place Luna on the point, or 50/100 extra hp for the entire duration of the match. The thing is, if you buff that card, it could potentially be overpowered, so it's a no win situation.

• @HeartQueen Why would I place Luna to the point? For kill her? It's not last patch, when she was tanky.

@HeartQueen Why would I place Luna to the point? For kill her? It's not last patch, when she was tanky.

You place her on point after you've won the point fight, or if you have 2 aggressive off tanks. That's why my favorite filler is the reposition cooldown on heal as well. Luna's strength is the point. The issue is that no matter how much you buff her base kit, people will still get those same cards. I think you could rework to make more filler cards, or just be satisfied with her having the same few cards.

• @HeartQueen I use luna as a repawn point or as a moonlight generater + guardian, stunner. She leave the payload all the time when it turns, i don't waste my time for moving her all around, when my teammates need heal.
    As for the cards, I've already wrte that is only about numbers. If I devide the bonuses of the current meta cards by 10, than the current offmenta cards will be the new meta.
    I also metioned, that Seris has reversed inbalance: she has better escape cards and worse heal buffer cards, and her meta can be based loadout around escape. Everything can be meta for any champion, it just depends on the numbers.

• @KicsitCsicska no Luna doesn't leave the payload when it turns they fixed that a very long time ago I think...

• @SNIper-poTAto She does, if it is a sharp turn.