Frontliner movement ability damage

• @TTraw You just jump and collison with the curved part of the shell. I would do it hundred times rather than survive a Terminus Shatter Fall once IRL.

@Dusklicious Who is nerfed here. What about Terminus is top tier? My suggesteion doesn't change anything in the overall balance.

• @TTraw I mean, we are here questioning the credibility of the damage delt by a giant spinning turtle in a game where a catgirl throwing knives deals more damage than a shotgun, where a tree with an axe can beat a flamethrower... I'd say realism isn't much of a point of discussion in Paladins. 😅

• PC

@Dusklicious Who is nerfed here. What about Terminus is top tier? My suggesteion doesn't change anything in the overall balance.

I mean you partially acknowledged what makes him top tier... Having constant uptime on Siphon and generating constant value from it... Also doesn't help he has the second best sustain in the game to Inara, mostly thanks to that...

lol what... "changes nothing"... Koa gets his damage gutted for virtually nothing in return... Seems like that changes something, lol. Also, I didn't think about it, but also the Nando change is a pretty obvious nerf. 16s cooldown on a mobility skill is yikes. Especially one that isn't particularly good. Term's barely affects him, though it honestly seems like a slight buff if anything because that extra bit of cooldown will end up being just an extra second of a window to actually get him, which the Term player can even somewhat negate the effects of if their positioning is good.

• @Dusklicious I suggested to double the cd of this skill, so when Terminus cancel it for shoot his pink orbs he will be vunerable. It is a nerf.

Koga gets nothing? The cannon has been nerfed 650->550. I suggested to halve this nerf by buff the damage 550->600. It is huge.

Lastly about Fernando. Try out the card Heat Transfer, and it won't be 16s anymore. This card has 4s cd reduction per level. But you will have a decent distance, not like now, even better with the Launch card and a second source of damage burst next to Fireball.

• PC

@KicsitCsicska said in Frontliner movement ability damage:

@Dusklicious I suggested to double the cd of this skill, so when Terminus cancel it for shoot his pink orbs he will be vunerable. It is a nerf.

Koa gets nothing? The cannon has been nerfed 650->550. I suggested to halve this nerf by buff the damage 550->600. It is huge.

Lastly about Fernando. Try out the card Heat Transfer, and it won't be 16s anymore. This card has 4s cd reduction per level. But you will have a decent distance, not like now, even better with the Launch card and a second source of damage burst next by Fireball.

Doubling the CD... A 1 second CD... What I said still stands. The problem isn't even the cooldown either because the only way you'll really get to the root of that issue is to nerf the Siphon's uptime, which this doesn't remotely do.

50 extra weapon damage? That's somehow huge...? That does next to nothing...

That's not even an argument to be honest. You shouldn't have to max out a card to have even a decent cooldown on your mobility. Like all you said here really solidifies how bad the Nando idea actually is for balancing him.

• @Dusklicious I didn't suggest to nerf Terminus. I suggested to change his force, not nerf. For changing his style. Nerfing or buffing the champion is an other question. You can write about his overall force in an other balance thread.

50 extra damage on weapon what you use all the time is better than 350 damage on an F ability what you use less often, and mostly for escape, not for hit other players. So it's not a nerf at all.

Nando has an OP card what resets the cd even on lvl2. Increasing the cd wouldn't hurt him so much, coz he still has this supert card, and he doesn't have to waste so many points for reduce the cd drastically. But +400 bust damage would make him more dangerous, what you can't solve with cards, coz card doesn't give you damage directly.

• You know these attacks combo right...

Nando can blow both fireball and charge at the same time for 800 damage.
    You want a bigger chipping damage value combo.
    I would say its lack of utility from fireball damage that holds him back, not damage.
    Nando's issue is that fireball is not a weapon attack and charge does not prevent healing, thus both hits can be instantly healed by a single ability upon landing, unless primary attack is used beforehand to cauterise and the foe is in range.
    Honestly if fireball scaled with weapon items, I would argue that nando would back to his damage/barrier tank design. Instead of a suppressor with a shield.

Koa needs damage on landing hook, or less self hindernace from missing hook. The Pluck talent ought to undergo modifications outside of damage, possibly a cripple.
    Adding 150 damage or more to base hook = 250 over 100 hook damage would be more impactful then slight alterations to other abilities.
    This would allow an inital 800 damage wombo from hook and primary.

• I actually think Fernando is in a decent spot. I've actually had a few fun games as Fernando. If I had to buff anything, I'd buff his primary weapon damage from 350-->400 per second. And then I'd reduce the cooldown of base fireball from 7s-->6s. Other than that, Fernando is fine. He doesn't need more charge damage with a longer cooldown.

I'm fine with your idea of Makoa shell spin. I don't know about decreasing it back to 150, but I think his weapon attacks being 600 and his shell spin being something like 300 is good. That's what I was hoping for, but they decided for more shell spin damage.

Terminus is a fat know. The only thing Terminus needs is a fat nerf, especially to his power siphon.

• @HeartQueen said in Frontliner movement ability damage:

I actually think Fernando is in a decent spot.

He is average, but sooo boring.

• @M3RC3N4RI0 He's funy, try out this loadout with Aegis:
    20201013160126_1.jpg
    The shield can reset the cd of the Charge twice! So you can flee easily. Go to the flank side at the bigining of the battle and push the enemy line hardly, when the your team is capturing 🙂