Aiming with Dredge.

• So the howitzer ammo bounces then explodes. I was wondering if you aim for direct hits or bounce the shot off the ground? I've been doing the later and its helped a lot. Saw a video of rockmonkey playing dredge and he was going mainly for direct hits when he used the howitzer. So maybe direct hits when you can and the bounce shot for coverage or when enemy is grouped up?

• @Christlike Direct hits explode immediately, bounced shots explode 0.7s after the bounce. If you want to be more efficient you should obviously go for direct hits, since it's faster and makes sure you deal max damage, but the difference is ever so slight. However, if the opponent has high mobility you should aim for the floor so that the explosion still hits them and you don't risk missing the shot completely. If there's more than one enemy and they're grouped up you should again aim for the ground between them, so that's easier to hit them both.
    Generally speaking, aiming is not considered a Dredge player's ability, so you should instead always do it . At least people won't say you're using a braindead character that can only blindly spam.

• @SomeGuySomeWhere said in Aiming with Dredge.:

However, if the opponent has high mobility you should aim for the floor so that the explosion still hits them and you don't risk missing the shot completely.

I have to say this didn't work for me. If the opponent has high mobility they move too fast to be hit with a 0.7 seconds delay. Assumed they don't move straight.

• You want to hit one to the ground, then another directly to create dmg burst that will surprise enemy.

• @M3RC3N4RI0 Kinda have to aim where they will be not where they are at for bounce damage. Can get a lot of coverage but you have to think a lot lol.

• @Christlike said in Aiming with Dredge.:

Can get a lot of coverage but you have to think a lot lol.

Exactly. What kind of Dredge player would do that ? 😏

• @SomeGuySomeWhere I do!.. Can you imagine? Playing dredge and carefully selecting when to use broadside? And using it to cover the eventual, guaranteed flank? Dredge has quickly become my second favorite damage behind Tyra. I've carried with him with a no FL team with lvl 5 in the card that gets you a shield. With careful broadside shots and ground bounce howitzer shots. Amazing coverage ..

I think all champs gain to be played patiently. Even flanks.

• @Christlike Hey, I'm not denying that there's skilled players out there even on Dredge but you can't tell me that this character is known for his high skill-floor. That Broadside you use to cover flank routes is used most of the time by most Dredge players to spam on the objective alternating with Scuttle reload, as if he still had his old Heave Away, and that's the sad truth.

• @SomeGuySomeWhere Unforntunaly for the skill gatekeepers the point broadside spam can be highly efficient. Broadside is guaranteed to get the enemy moving. If you're smart though you can hit the probable escape route then the immediate area etc. If you want too you can just bounce shot them if they are grouped. Even the bounce shot will fluster a player and get them moving.

Thing is though against a competent team you're guaranteed to get flanked or have the whole team target you. I've had a Jenos use his ult on me alone lol.. Just because there's a lot of brain dead play with dredge doesn't mean he is a brain dead champ. Lots of the skill gatekeepers honestly arent even that good with their main or any champ they consider high skill ceiling. Because the mindset to get good doesn't allow for trashing champs or other players. Takes some degree of humility to be good at the game, and indeed anything in life.

• @Christlike said in Aiming with Dredge.:

Just because there's a lot of brain dead play with dredge doesn't mean he is a brain dead champ.

Oh, wow, you almost seem to be saying that Dredge can be played skillfully even though many players play him as a brain dead spammer. You know, literally the same exact thing I said in my previous post !
    If you hadn't been so occupied throwing shades at "skill gatekeepers" you would've realised that I admitted first that he can require some skill, just pointed out that many players don't seem to ever adopt said skills due to the, so to speak, beginner-friendly nature of his base kit. It's that kind player that I called braindead, not the champ itself. There's literally nothing we're disagreeing on, so spare us that "gatekeeping, humility, blah, blah, blah" nonsense.

• @SomeGuySomeWhere lol that wasn't a hit against you. Sorry if that's how you took it.

• Aiming with Dredge is OPTIONAL. Just spam towards to crowd, it will hit someone.

• @jocasela said in Aiming with Dredge.:

Aiming with Dredge is OPTIONAL. Just spam towards to crowd, it will hit someone.

Against Deathballing he is just great. 😎

• Its really not that hard to hit direct shots. I have killed snipers cross map with him. But in general the closer you get the easier it is to hit people. Broadside is just a waste of ammo. Your rounds bounce straight up so it is pretty easy to aim at the ground and have your rounds stick right in that spot. If you practice hitting direct shots its gets pretty easy to hit people at pretty good range.