November Rage Thread

• @Nico said in November Rage Thread:

@HeartQueen what if i am a 1-trick corv in ranked? can i still be accepted?

One-tricking anyone in ranked is bad tbh. What if the team needs tank or dps? What if Corvus is banned? The more flexible you are in ranked, the more useful you are.

• PC

Tried to discuss the meta with a PPC player earlier and all I learned was that most of them are legit @$$holes who think they're better than everyone else and they're the only people who matter, and that this particular one only wins arguments with people by trying to change the subject without the other person even f***ing knowing it.

Seriously if the game is going to get balanced around them like most of these ego-centric $#!+s want I'm actually going to uninstall and leave this game, because it will become way worse for it.

What's interesting though is that when you look on JayFlare's Discord, all of my suggestions made there so far seem to be rather popular. Huh interesting. A lowly Diamond player seems to actually have a better understanding of the game's balancing than a PPC player... Maybe because my head isn't shoved up my @$$ smelling my own farts. With the $#!+ I had to deal with I'm thinking I'll see being a pro or ex-pro as a con for an AoC candidate when I vote next year's...

• @Dusklicious said in November Rage Thread:

Tried to discuss the meta with a PPC player earlier and all I learned was that most of them are legit @$$holes who think they're better than everyone else and they're the only people who matter, and that this particular one only wins arguments with people by trying to change the subject without the other person even f***ing knowing it.

Seriously if the game is going to get balanced around them like most of these ego-centric $#!+s want I'm actually going to uninstall and leave this game, because it will become way worse for it.

What's interesting though is that when you look on JayFlare's Discord, all of my suggestions made there so far seem to be rather popular. Huh interesting. A lowly Diamond player seems to actually have a better understanding of the game's balancing than a PPC player... Maybe because my head isn't shoved up my @$$ smelling my own farts. With the $#!+ I had to deal with I'm thinking I'll see being a pro or ex-pro as a con for an AoC candidate when I vote next year's...

Well, how were they going about it? What was being discussed as meta and not meta? Did they at least say viable? Okay, so people on Reddit try to defend Resonance Ying and Life Link Io as viable. Sorry to say, but those talents are hot garbage. However, you do have those asshole meta slaves that say "Tyra is a throw pick and so is Rampant Blooming Grover!" Take in mind I play Deep Roots Grover, but even I can admit that Rampant Blooming is perfectly viable. Tyra is also a perfectly viable pick, and she's actually preferred over Viktor when considering Brightmarsh and Jaguar Falls. Of course those examples aren't meta, but they're viable.

The thing about balancing around high tiers of play is that it implies there is counterplay. I'll use Tyra, Terminus, and Dredge as examples. Dredge is a noob stomper. He's easy for my group (high platinum and low diamond) to counter, but he frustrates a lot of Silver and Gold players. As elitist as it sounds, I don't think Dredge needs a nerf just because he frustrates Silver and Gold players. Tyra is a bit too strong at low elo, but she averages out at diamond and above. This means Tyra is balanced for the most part because there is counterplay to her. Terminus on the other hand stomps at every elo, including diamond and master ranked elo. This implies he needs changes balance wise because he's overpowered at every elo. Plus he has a high banrate, which means people don't want to deal with him.

Pros aren't the end all and be all of balance. Have you seen some of their tierlists? According to them, Willo is F tier, yet Ninu kicks their ass with Willo every set.

• PC

Good one, Hi-Rez.. I get two noobs while the enemy is a 4 stack and another high level player on top of it. Thanks.. 🙂

20201118185757_1.jpg

• what the flip am I supposed to do with all the gold ???

I already have every character, I have all the cheap/nasty 2nd skins you can purchase with gold.

Why can't they put in a converter from gold to crystals. Even make it something ridiculous like 50,000 gold = 1 crystal. I'd still use it. It just pi55es me off seeing all that gold sitting there and nothing I can do with it.

• PC

What in the actual f*** is MM.

alt text

• @Vaporized Why I'm not suprised?

• PC

Where's the bounty tab? What happened to my 140 bounty coins? Great job, NO-QC-Rez.

20201120191122_1.jpg

• @Vaporized said in November Rage Thread:

Where's the bounty tab? What happened to my 140 bounty coins? Great job, NO-QC-Rez.

20201120191122_1.jpg

The bounty store was removed temporarily. Hopefully, when they reimplement it we will get our coins back.

• PC

This was a very necessary PSA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udqPEfKuFKE

CAN WE PLEASE STOP WHINING ABOUT BARRIER REEF WHEN THE ONLY REASON IT'S BREAKING IN THE FIRST PLACE IS BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T READ CARDS AND YOU FED IT? Same thing also applies to Term siphon as well.

I swear some of the people that play this game have no common sense. 🤦

CAN WE PLEASE STOP WHINING ABOUT BARRIER REEF WHEN THE ONLY REASON IT'S BREAKING IN THE FIRST PLACE IS BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T READ CARDS AND YOU FED IT? Same thing also applies to Term siphon as well.

Barrier Reef is a bad design though. Instead of designing point tanks that are about cycling through their cool downs and mitigating damage, they'd rather turn off tanks into point tanks by giving them a million shields. It's not fun to play "a game as Fernando where you hold up your shield for 80% of the match? Super fun! /s" and they're not fun to play against. "I have to get wrecker to shoot at Fernando's shield, how fun. /s"

I personally wanted the following buffs for Makoa:

• shell spin damage increased from 150-->300
    • primary weapon damage increased from 550-->600 per shot.
    • dredge anchor cool down reduced from 14s-->13s

Instead we get more shields, because why not? More shields to try to make an off tank a point tank is great design! Especially after wrecker was nerfed super hard! /s

• PC

Having a match in ranked so bad you have to report 4+ people for throwing and being toxic is fun. 🙃

Also Torv can solo tank, clearly he isn't just a bulky off-support.

• PC

@Dusklicious said in November Rage Thread:

Except... sometimes you have no choice but to feed it. It's not like we could wait or go inside the shield only to be sniped.. 💩

alt text

• @Vaporized said in November Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious said in November Rage Thread:

Except... sometimes you have no choice but to feed it. It's not like we could wait or go inside the shield only to be sniped.. 💩

alt text

Like I don't get why people wanted to nerf Barik and Inara so hard when they're balanced point tanks. Inara and Barik are about cycling and managing cool downs to mitigate damage. It's a healthy way because you aren't punished for shooting them, and there is a down period. Plus you have ways to counter their damage mitigation. Big Game Cassie counters Mother Grace Inara's damage reduction and area damage counters Barik's turret heals and shield. Yet instead of point tanks like that, they would rather infinite shields.

• PC

I managed to get 2 GM frame DPS main idiots both throwing the same ranked game that I was forced to go through solo tanking.

How a Mastery 225+ GM frame Evie main barely does more damage than a solo tank Inara getting healed by a f***ing Jenos I will never know.

Groaning.jpg

• PC

Please for f***'s sake EM, BUFF. WRECKER.

If they don't buff Wrecker and Bulldozer next patch they're being clowns. 🤡 Shields are becoming the meta like pocketing became the meta last patch because of the fact there's no option to counteract it since Wrecker's scaling is an utter joke, and Bulldozer's horrendous scaling doesn't help Io still being a top 3 support even after a MASSIVE nerf a few patches back from when she was literally meta-defining as well as Imani's current resurgence in the meta from the fact it's so hard to deal with Drag (and now it isn't like the rest of her kit is ehhh either).

Just please do it. If you had any common sense you would do it with the next patch to prevent these issues from being too egregious.

• PC

Come on. I'm over 55, arthritis and half blind and I have to go against masters(well known) and official streamers? uggg

20201123204118_1.jpg

• People tell me that Strix takes no skill, yet I suck with him. Something isn't adding up...

• PC

@HeartQueen said in November Rage Thread:

People tell me that Strix takes no skill, yet I suck with him. Something isn't adding up...

I mean only thing he really takes is decently good aim to play properly. Though for some reason I'm actually better at Nessa than I am at Strix... 🤔

@HeartQueen said in November Rage Thread:

People tell me that Strix takes no skill, yet I suck with him. Something isn't adding up...

I mean only thing he really takes is decently good aim to play properly. Though for some reason I'm actually better at Nessa than I am at Strix... 🤔

The thing I hate about Strix that isn't a problem with Kinessa is the heavy recoil after he shoots his sniper. Plus he's geared towards people that quick scope, and I suck at quick scoping.