November Rage Thread

• PC

@NotAModerator said in November Rage Thread:

@Vaporized i dont think drophacks are all that common I don't know if you don't know what your talking about but drophacks arent something you can just do I mean they arent free and you would have to scavenge alotttttt to find some so I think your exaggerating

Did you read what I wrote? I never said it was a drop hack, @HeartQueen mentioned it in response to my question regarding bots and the AOC meeting.

I wrote: "Besides, I don't believe it's drop hack."
    Really? You interpret that to mean I think it's a drop hack?

I didn't even bring up drop hack, @Heartqueen did. I'm saying it's not a drop hack. You see that "sure" there - that's called sarcasm. Maybe you should read the entire conversation before saying I don't know what I'm talking about.

I had posted a match from yesterday here. Does that enemy Tyra doing 5k damage look like a dream to you? I'm not exaggerating the bot problem.

• PC

Gabby's Barik buff suggestion from AoC is totally glossing over the reason why he suddenly has issues sustaining in the first place...

Just giving him 400 health isn't suddenly going to fix how he can't get enough sustain options going from his cards...

• Please for the love of god nerf nessa, I've been seeing her in every single game so far lately. Steady aim on itsself is already broken af, but flatout being able to do 1800 damage and then quickly follow up with a 300 damage shot or so to finish most squishies, is not fun to go up against. I just don't think it's good for snipers to have a dps higher than quite some damagers.
    Just to compare, I think Sha lin is a pretty balanced character. He deals 1000 damage every 1.5s without recurve. Kinessa has 1200 damage every 1.3s and can headshot, she's got a better movement ability, has 'a reveal' with her mines and I can't really add more to that (sha has CC though, which is prob what holds him in the meta). She's more accurate than Sha and has a way bigger dps.

• PC

Starting to think Vora may actually be WORSE than I initially thought... And I've never thought of her as anything better than a character with potential to maybe be decent in the right hands... She might barely be viable even in skilled hands... 😔

She's got the sustain of paper (even running a build designed to make that less of a problem), damage that's very much on the low side (thanks to her stupid, badly designed DoT mechanics), long cooldowns... And her ult is almost completely useless. I got one game where I popped off due to sheer luck, and that's it.

Like she just might be worse than even Skye is. It feels really, really bad to play a champion who just dies when everyone looks at her, and does pitiful damage even when they're not pummeling her to death.

One thing that I think everybody should agree on is that she's now the worst champ in the game for unskilled players. Even worse than Evie and Damba.

• PC

Also "Barik is better than Inara".

I used to think this, but it's honestly ridiculous that there are actually people that think this over a mostly negligible DR nerf. Barik isn't better than Nando let alone Inara.

Frankly the only ways you can think that at this point are either you're delusional and don't know what you're talking about, or you haven't played the game very much in the past few months.

And thank you very much to the member of this site that just fed one of my ranked games and forced me into going second point. Really appreciate it.

• Vora attacks don't feed Terminus' Siphon!

• PC

Got to love a flank who tells you to Khan, and then always abandons you to die to Guillotine Zhin ult. And then of course blames you because your 0/8/3 KDA is your fault when it's obviously not.

• mutchmaking trash i swear look

https://paladins.guru/match/1035685931

• @Dusklicious

Here's a rant about flank design and vora, comming from a tank engine who barely plays paladins atm, but still has enough intellect for input.

My main issue is the copy paste vine design. For the love of Dimitri, why did they put is as they only mobility tool.

Vine is delayed to use, easy to read and shut down, why is it the exact same ability on a class who has to perform on demand and has greater problems recovering from shutdowns, as well as make it the only escape option with no back up... egh.

As soon as vora looks away and casts vine to brake combat, any cripple, silence, stun and she has nothing tangable to prolong cqc combat after the cc expires. Who designs flank champs with no defencive backbone when under cc pressure like this.

Flanks should not be designed to be free frags once their movement ability is exploited by counterplay in no mans land. This is the issue with basic flanks with terrible mobility design and why they suffer in the meta team game.

I strugge to understand how vora is meant to deal with an evie, zhin or meave alone as the same class, let alone a dual a combat support like grock or torvald.

I would say add either double jump to improve the average feel of the dive attack allowing vine to be cast while airborne and create another hard to lock down double jumper but with limited range and dps compared to the other.

Or add etherial on vine when it connects to a terrain or a player target at least allow for a decaut window and the ability to be uncounterable once it hits after the prefire delay.

Either of these would afford vora more flexibility under pressure.

Without the above, I'd prefer this champ not to exist in its current stare. It brings nothing interesting to the game with its current abilities other then a bloated combo for regen system that's jank asf in execution and a mindfuck of dps math.

I prefer high survivability and sluggish damage over no endurance glass cannon vampire designs that cannot take a beating.

Thus why zhin and evie are my favourite flanks to enter combat with, their abiltiy to bide time, hug my my back lines and create reliable healing windows for themselves to stay alive while approching near death are fantastic for wasting my fucking time and drawing my focus away from the main conflict, this is all the damage a flank needs tbh, the rest is securing kills and punishing those on alone and on the backfoot.

Interesting / well designed self preservation mobility and endurance tools are key to making a suicide dive last far longer then it should. Our big issue is that the core of flank design is questionable atm with the recent few flanks designs and thier lacklustre defence and mobility traits.

In my mind flanks should be the jack of all trades in a dual. Solo Survivablity, above averagish single target damage, a potential crossfire advantage by multifoe attacks or a dibilitation asset, all this and free mobility is what flanks should be based around... if designed right they will have an ult asset that allows them to overcome their shortfalls with an apt powerplay.

But voras ult is not even a worthwhile power play design to her amend her faults, it only adds more issues in her kit imo, lex's ult does aid his pitfalls, but lex is lex with base kit lex design issues that cause him to be a liability.

You know me, I can go on and on.
    But at least this should highlight why I think certain flanks do meet their design criteria.
    And how a small change would solve many issue in vora's kit to improve her survival as a flank class.

What I find the most tedious, they have far more knowlege of the game meta now. As well as opinions from PTS, fourms, Aoc, A whole bunch of streamers the world wastes money on. What is the point of all this potential input, yet when it comes to champion design we get this level of unitelligent flawed trash and it just sits there our games unti they make another half baked champ to drive hype and sell a bp.

In all honestly I am not confident in the character design director ability to create character design to a level suitable for the game let alone the audience.

Again sorry for the verbose dialog, a lot about paladins irks me atm... mainly the most of the old champs are ablsolute chads while the newer ones are trending to be attempts at video game design with nothing properly refined to perfection.

Anyway, keep up the slay, have a nice day folks.

• @KicsitCsicska oh i misread sorry xD

• Why my team never can pick tank and healer? I started the conversation that im dmg. When I dont pick one of them, me team is full dmg/flank all the time, but the enemy is perfect ofc...
    20201104121638_1.jpg

• umm are you new? because i dont fuc**ng understand your teams stats viktor 9K!!!! Kinnesa 18K? kinessa does 1K damage!! zhin 14K?? its kinda fine if your really really new but judging by your 50K damage while being a support I wouldn't assume first glance so tf mm (matchmaking)

• I'm not new, I just often get new teammates. The Viktor was certainly bot. He realised that we stand no chanse. The others just strugled without healer.

• PC

So after some months not playing paladins I log in and play vora. I was surprised that no one really contested her and enemy team didnt pick her since shes a new champ but Im not longer surprised... I mean I know that its my first game and all but that champ felt ridiculously underpowered and her base attacks feels weird, they alone make her mastery curve high and I thought that atlas, bk or inara basic attacks werent easy ones... I'll play more games but I dont really have hope for the champion.

The kit is fun though and the design cool, its just that the gameplay fits a moba not paladins...

• PC

@ShogunPukin I felt the same just clowning in training matches but some people are doing really well with Vora. The movement is insane. I'm like where the F did she come from. Meanwhile my team's Vora is so so... Practice more, give her a fair chance.

• The fact that Talus, Lian, Viktor, Inara, Koga, and Androxus mains still exist. I dont respect them, I dont like them, I hate everything about them and refuse to play with them. They play characters that take no skill to play, are completely braindead in how they work, and abuse the health regen perks in order to stay alive because they're terrible at the game and need a crutch to make up for the fact they're bad at Paladins.

• @KicsitCsicska said in November Rage Thread:

Why my team never can pick tank and healer? I started the conversation that im dmg. When I dont pick one of them, me team is full dmg/flank all the time, but the enemy is perfect ofc...
    20201104121638_1.jpg

That's casuals in a nutshell. People aren't going to fill because they want to train their dps champions for ranked, or they just play dps for fun. You might be getting put against parties if the other team has a tank and support, because I notice that duos and stacks are more likely to run a support and frontline comp compared to a team full of solo queues.

@MisterMellow said in November Rage Thread:

The fact that Talus, Lian, Viktor, Inara, Koga, and Androxus mains still exist. I dont respect them, I dont like them, I hate everything about them and refuse to play with them. They play characters that take no skill to play, are completely braindead in how they work, and abuse the health regen perks in order to stay alive because they're terrible at the game and need a crutch to make up for the fact they're bad at Paladins.

Lian and Androxus take skill to hit their primary shots. Be lucky that people want to play a tank in the first place. You give me the vibe of a salty console Maeve main who loses against these champions.

• PC

The fact that Talus, Lian, Viktor, Inara, Koga, and Androxus mains still exist. I dont respect them, I dont like them, I hate everything about them and refuse to play with them. They play characters that take no skill to play, are completely braindead in how they work, and abuse the health regen perks in order to stay alive because they're terrible at the game and need a crutch to make up for the fact they're bad at Paladins.

Uhh seeing Koga here I'm assuming you're a console player because on PC he's barely if at all viable. Most PC players would be more about complaining about Zhin anyways.

Speaking of braindead, I don't see Vivian here. Why don't I see Vivian here...? She requires zero brain cells to play...

Vivicheems.jpg

... And I see Inara instead which, I mean, yeah Inara's absurdly basic and still post-nerf an almost too good point tank, but honestly the way I see it any tank main is good with me unless they act like most DPS mains do then they can f*** off.

Also you've clearly never played Andro. He's way harder than you give him credit for. Still easier than he used to be thanks to how they gave him a stupid ammo card. But braindead? You can't be serious.

• @Dusklicious said in November Rage Thread:

Uhh seeing Koga here I'm assuming you're a console player because on PC he's barely if at all viable. Most PC players would be more about complaining about Zhin anyways.

Speaking of braindead, I don't see Vivian here. Why don't I see Vivian here...? She requires zero brain cells to play...

Vivicheems.jpg

... And I see Inara instead which, I mean, yeah Inara's absurdly basic and still post-nerf an almost too good point tank, but honestly the way I see it any tank main is good with me unless they act like most DPS mains do then they can f*** off.

Also you've clearly never played Andro. He's way harder than you give him credit for. Still easier than he used to be thanks to how they gave him a stupid ammo card. But braindead? You can't be serious.

I'm thinking they're a console Maeve main. Like I get that people who take no skill, the aim assist dps on console, are frustrating to go against. I especially empathize considering that I main blasters and Lian as dps on console, but that take is just yikes.

For one, Talus isn't even a must pick and must ban on console anymore since his nerfs. Lian is literally niche nowadays. Inara recently just got a nerf. Androxus is good, but he's not so good that you go on a rant about him. If you haven't figured out how to win against an Androxus, then you're being outplayed mechanically, or picking a bad match-up against him (MOST LIKELY MAEVE/EVIE!). Viktor will always be meta on console and viable on PC unless they nerf him hard into the ground. Koga is a legitimate complaint because he's the patron saint of no skill aim assist on console.

• why am i only playing in 3 maps, it's been like 30 games and i only get to play like 90% of the times on ice mines, frozen guard and stone keep, i really don't like those maps and i would like this game to have a proper map queue or something that doesn't give you the same 3 maps over and over