Hitscan nerf

• Hi!
    Hitsacans are still way better than projectiles in the hands of top players. having hitscan attack not just garants the hits if you can aim, but also garants 50% damage boost for the best aimers. It's huge. Just watch this player. He playes only as Atlas (and Androxus) and have incredibly good stats all the time. This match wasn't special for him:
    20201107001125_1.jpg
    I can't name him (cod of conduct), but belive me. I chated with him. He offered me to just play hitscan (and learn to aim), coz he said hitscans are way better.
    Don't misunderstood me, I don't wanna nerf it for the noobs too, where it doesn't garant as much advantage: they can still miss a lot and barely do headshots. Just nerf for the higher elo tier. I think the key is headshot, coz good players do tons of them, and it ganarts their superior damage over projectile attackers.
    So my suggestion is to reduce headshot damage bonus 50% -> 40%.

• Hitscans are way overtuned this patch. They were always better on console, but at least if you were skilled on console with projectiles, you could still dominate. Now, you can't even do that consistently except with Bomb King. I do think that Bomb King was slightly overtuned, but I can't ignore how he was the only really good projectile champion in high tiers, and people kept clamoring for him to get a nerf over someone like Kinessa.

• PC

Hitscans are still overtuned even after they've been nerfed.

Now I will say I think that there's individual issues with each champion, but the 40% headshot nerf does sound like not too bad of an idea.

• @Dusklicious If you like it show to the devs with an upvote 🙂

@HeartQueen @TTraw I also think that all of the projectile speeds should be buffed by about 25%, because distance diminishes them much more than most of the hitscan's damage fall off. Especially against flying enemies, because they have one more degree of freedom to dodge projectiles.

@Dusklicious 25% speed up, and removing damage nerf from Trinkerin (480->500) would make it balanced finally 😎

• PC

@Dusklicious 25% speed up, and removing damage nerf from Tinkerin (480->500) would make it balanced finally 😎

I mean I have different numbers I'd suggest but pretty much. I made my suggestion in a YT video not too long ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrJ-9okyLpM. (at 7:07 timestamp, suggested 520 damage, 15% speed up)

• @Dusklicious I mean this projectile speed buff could effect for all projectiles, for balance the whole game around hitscan vs projectile.
    My other point is just remove the damage modifier for balance. If a thing doesn't give any new dimension into the playstyle or customization, things should be as simply as possible. My suggestion wouldn't just balance the talent, but would make it simplier too and could fit into the whole image too about the hitscan vs projectile problematic.

• @KicsitCsicska said in Hitscan nerf:

@Dusklicious If you like it show to the devs with an upvote 🙂

@HeartQueen @TTraw I also think that all of the projectile speeds should be buffed by about 25%, because distance diminishes them much more than most of the hitscan's damage fall off. Especially against flying enemies, because they have one more degree of freedom to dodge projectiles.

@Dusklicious 25% speed up, and removing damage nerf from Trinkerin (480->500) would make it balanced finally 😎

I don't know about Cassie having faster projectile speed since it's so close to a hitscan already. Really, blasters don't need faster projectiles (except for Seris because her projectiles are just way too slow), they just need better kits. Evie and Bomb King are well balanced for the most part, the only thing I would change about Evie is her Over the Moon talent because that talent is hot garbage. And I know people will hate me, but Royal Subjects in Bomb King's base kit, and replace Royal Subjects with a poppy bomb mobility talent. Drogoz doesn't need faster projectiles, I think he just needs more mobility. Not falling like a sack of potatoes, propel 2 in base kit, and more booster fuel in base kit. Willo needs some number changes, and Dredge needs a rework tbh.

• @HeartQueen I can agree in the most parts, but...
    Evie has the worst card kit in the entire game. Half of her cards are garbage. Others are super effective and keep her in meta somehow despites her weak base kit.
    Seris is strong enaugh, I don't think she needs buff, but @TTraw agrees with you.
    And cassie's shots are still possible to dodge on long range.

• @KicsitCsicska Projectiles are supposed to be slower than hitscans though. Slower but more effective dps at range since no falloff. The only painfully slow projectiles are Seris projectiles. I think increasing it from 150-->200 with slightly smaller orbs would be a nice quality of life change for her without changing too much. Maybe change around her fire rate and damage along with it. Like 350 per orb that fires every .5 seconds (so it keeps her dps of ~700 at base). Balancing her around Evie and other projectile champions who have a slow rate of fire and slower projectile speeds.

I think Evie has some pretty good cards. Teleport, Swift Witch, Killing Frost, Keep Moving, Impact, Flicker, and Cantrip are great cards. The issue is that some of those cards are mandatory, which doesn't leave a lot of room for experimenting with different loadouts. Plus some are pretty useless. Heal during ice block is useless, but I think heal during soar would be godtier. What if you changed Great Distance from "increase the duration of soar by {.5|.5}s" to "heal for {50|50} every 1s while soar is active"? That would actually make a huge difference. Plus put some of the card values in the base kit like Swift Witch 3 along with teleport 2. Plus making it so Over the Moon reverts back to the 5 second cooldown reduction for soar instead of bonus damage. That way Flicker could be replaced with Great Distance for the Snow Globe and Over the Moon builds, and you could possible see something other than wormhole being meta for Evie.

• @HeartQueen Seris is perfect to keep pressure corridors with her large fire rate. It is her only viable dmg potential. Just don't nerf her fire rate, keep her as she is. She doesn't need any changes already. She needs brain to use her projectiles with calculating low speed, and she has the possible to keep the corridors. If you need lower fire rate and higer dmg play fire Imani. It's an other playstyle, don't remove the current Seris attack, tactical spam.

• PC

@KicsitCsicska said in Hitscan nerf:

@HeartQueen I can agree in the most parts, but...
    Evie has the worst card kit in the entire game. Half of her cards are garbage.

Ok, but you can't not mention the fact she also has Flicker which is a must maxed with Wormhole and probably one of the best cards in the whole game when paired with it.

But yeah a lot of her cards do suck. She may or may not have the worst max health card in the entire game... Doesn't help that she, like other flanks, has the stupid Kill CDR cards instead of Elim CDR cards...