Barik Failsafe Rework Suggestion (For when he may need a nerf down the line)

• PC

Failsafe has always, always, always been a very good card for Barik to the point of being an essential card for him for pretty much the entire time it's been around. It's so hard to refuse a free use of Rocket Boots when you need it to stay alive. This is a rework of the card, though it would end up being a nerf.

Now the card scales by the percentage of his health that it activates. What if instead it scaled by the internal cooldown? This would make the card not only an always rank 3 card, but it would also make it easier to balance. As of now, the card is probably one of the few things keeping the dwarf hanging on at this point, but for down the line when he may need a nerf instead of a buff (please notice that I've acknowledged it, actually twice now) I have the following suggestion to posit:

Failsafe- No longer scales on the health threshold. Instead, the card now reads: "Reset the Cooldown of Rocket Boots after falling to or below 30% Health." (Internal Cooldown of (55 - (5/5)) Seconds.)

• Nah. Barik needs two consecutive uses of failsafe, it's part of cycling through his cooldowns, and it's fun. Really, I wish they would stop nerfing point tanks. Inara is near useless now because they nerfed her. And she wasn't even all that overpowered. Her winrates were average for the most part, as they should be. I don't know, it seems like they don't know how to balance tanks. Like when Barik sucked, instead of buffing Inara, they simply nerfed Barik. Take in mind, Inara only became 'overpowered' due to cauterize being at 75%, so she saw a bit of a powercreep. Even then, she wasn't overpowered, it was more like "oh, she doesn't suck like Barik. I like her."

• Most tanks are quite weak atm, and the double support or tripple dps became popular at ranked. Maybe this is the intention. It makes sense that the unpopular tanks have to be played less and the popular dps can be played more.

• @M3RC3N4RI0 said in Barik Failsafe Rework Suggestion (For when he may need a nerf down the line):

Most tanks are quite weak atm, and the double support or tripple dps became popular at ranked. Maybe this is the intention. It makes sense that the unpopular tanks have to be played less and the popular dps can be played more.

It's getting to the point where no one simply wants to tank. Before you had people who would first pick Inara, or who would first pick Barik. If not a point tank, then they would first pick Khan, Makoa, Atlas, etc. Because they knew that tanks had a lot of impact, and as much impact as a dps if played right. Even people on Reddit admit that they used to love tank and instalock them, now they just play dps because tanks have little to no impact.

• @HeartQueen There are still a few exceptions. Ash is still strong and fun to play. Atlas is fun but not strong. Raum can be good if picked last against no CC. But in general this is right.