Correct Frontline Strategy??

• So I am always trying to improve in the game, and I noticed something about FL strategy, in the lower ranks (im silver) to the top ranks and pro leagues.

Is it generally better for FL players to rush the point and try to cap immediately, or better to flank/fight off the point first, win that team fight, then start capping. I noticed PROs dont seem to hurry to get on the point as much, whereas in lower ranks, FL players just dive at the point constantly, even if the enemy holds it, and the team is scattered, or healer is dead etc. as a support main this is frustrating to see frontlines melted as they rush the point, while I am respawning?

Whats the general opinion here?
    https://19216811.cam/ https://1921681001.id/

• At ranked in general the better strategy is to rush the point. Your job as tank is to attract the enemy fire and create space for your teammates. Both you do if you rush the point, you attract their attention and force them to shoot you.

If you will die immediately when you rush the point this obviously doesn't work.

• PC

@M3RC3N4RI0 said in Correct Frontline Strategy??:

At ranked in general the better strategy is to rush the point.

If you're gold or lower, that's probably the case because at that ELO the point is more important. But in my experience when you start getting to Plat/Diamond the better strategy is to take a flank as 5 on most maps. Especially on maps like Stone Keep where taking a particular flank gives you an advantage. When you start going against well-coordinated or good players, it's better to instead give the point a little to pressure the flank, or in some cases teamfight on the flank.

• PC

I agree with dusk here.

For the 5 flank, in diamond, where I am hard stuck usually, point fight is more important than point presence alone. That's, why Io is strong, to be able to pressure point without taking away from the 5man flank or push after point fight, is really good. Thats also why corv is strong, with mark, you can essentially heal anyone anywhere. so they can push up, but still receive healing.

• @Dusklicious said in Correct Frontline Strategy??:

But in my experience when you start getting to Plat/Diamond the better strategy is to take a flank as 5 on most maps.

If you get all 5 players to follow the same strategy this is of course much better than rushing the point with your tank. But from my experience playing at Plat/Diamond there is no way to know if this will happen. I remember a phase in high Platin were I often had team members using VHS to say "flank right" in base and then they flank left or vice versa. I never found out if this is supposed to be funny or they mix up left and right or whatever.

By the way the thread starter wrote he is silver rank.

• @lilaperua34, a team that is "scattered" is a weak team. They are most likely not working together.

A good team consists of members who know their roles without having to be directed, or a team that communicates a working plan and follows through with that plan.