I gotta know why are folks so afraid of player healers?

• PC

@TMW001 For quick play I'm finding since IO came out that people are more apt to play support more than ever. Many times there are two or more supports in casual matches now. Seeing an increase in 5 support team comps too. They put up a good fight but eventually lose.

Ranked is another story. Most people don't want to be the one responsible to keep the team alive or deal with the possible toxicity. As a result I end up being the support when needed.

• Yeah that's always been the one common problem with healer classes if a team wipes or you lose a match everyone blames support but I wish more folks would consider taking it up it makes keeping the team together much easier and maybe having an extra healer could do wonders for an already overworked healer. and Io's a beast of a healer and I feel she's a good way to ease folks into support classes being able to heal so much let alone multitask with her healing.

• @Conrad_Max It's even worse when they think Vivian is op, possibly because the player in question only knows how to shoot,

• I love playing offsupport because I can multitask. Most of people play pure healer and totally relies on their mates to protect them, needless to say, it's really frustrating when you are juste getting farm. Considering the frontlines, players tend to flame you if you dont live and die on the point. I really struggle to carry as a front if damagers dont do their works so I tend to ne frustrated really fast.

• @Zeebuoy Vivian can be OP, if you build her right, and really exploit her talents 😄 and time the shield well. She can really soak a bit of damage, and output so much with her ultimate that it's insane.

• @TMW001 I think some people are afraid of playing healers because of the fact that healers are the first ones to get blamed when something goes wrong. If they don't have friends to play with, there's no way for them to be able to learn how to play a healer without the hate from playing it wrong, before they ever get it right. I know I got some real hate early on til I got it down. Now I love playing furia, because she's great for killing while healing, and then of course, seris, just cuz she's FORKING amazing to play with torvald.

I just wish they'd get the ps4 cross progression up so i can start playing again now that i have a real pc.. 😄 haha.

• @adrianvonepic said in I gotta know why are folks so afraid of player healers?:

I think some people are afraid of playing healers because of the fact that healers are the first ones to get blamed when something goes wrong.

That and the fact that supports are flank-victims.

• @M3RC3N4RI0 said in I gotta know why are folks so afraid of player healers?:

@adrianvonepic said in I gotta know why are folks so afraid of player healers?:

I think some people are afraid of playing healers because of the fact that healers are the first ones to get blamed when something goes wrong.

That and the fact that supports are flank-victims.

MAKING IT ALL THE MORE SATISFYING TO BE THE ONE RIPPING THEM APART...

Nah, some supports are epic anti flankers, when the player is on point. There is the issues of the ones who are squishy and the ones who are out if position easily who die the most.

My guess people dislike support as they have to depend on others... which is silly as every class depends on the support for overall recovery mid combat.

• Besides the fact that supports keep getting directly or indirectly nerfed almost every patch, the one most prominent reason supports are rare is because they can keep their team alive for hours despite being harassed by enemy flanks all match because completely abandoning them on point is a pretty standard thing that DPS one tricks do, but the moment someone dies the first thing they do (instead of figure out what they did wrong which is how you improve yourself) is to spam"Need healing" even if the support was respawning at the time.

• @TMW001 Frankly, if I am playing a hero with self heal ability like buck, kahn, koga, I don't really care if we have a healer tbh. I've won plenty of games without a healer. All you have to do is kill their healer immediately, than you have the advantage of likely an extra dmg or flank (since knowone picked healer). So its 4 v 5 with the extra dmg/flank on your side. We than destroy them. TAnk is the same concept. Everyone states "2 tank" but its no necessary. I do believe you need 1 tank though, but not 2.

• @OriginalEquinox This happens all the time to me. Just had a game with a really good Koga, and I was playing Jenos. Our Viktor kept running away from him, and Willow didn't focus him, so he kept killing me. All the while, my team is dying. Than the nonstop "Need Healing" spam begins. I told them someone needed to focus Koga and that he was killing me, but knowone listened. Its so annoying, and yes, a reason I often avoid healing if at all possible. The higher the rank you go, the worse the players get with the harassment.

• PC

@OriginalEquinox said in I gotta know why are folks so afraid of player healers?:

Besides the fact that supports keep getting directly or indirectly nerfed almost every patch, the one most prominent reason supports are rare is because they can keep their team alive for hours despite being harassed by enemy flanks all match because completely abandoning them on point is a pretty standard thing that DPS one tricks do, but the moment someone dies the first thing they do (instead of figure out what they did wrong which is how you improve yourself) is to spam"Need healing" even if the support was respawning at the time.

As someone who can play every role well and loves playing support I cannot tell you how relatable this is... people for some reason expect the healer to defend themselves alone in the back line when they get flanked by 1 or 2 good flanks/dps while at the same time keeping everyone topped up.

This is especially bad in ranked whenever I play support, cause when I am Damage or off tank I do my best to keep the healer alive since they’re the ones keeping everyone on point alive, and more often than not we win team fights this way.

Whenever I am healer it usually goes like this tho:

Tank or damage request healing...
    I request help defending from enemies behind me and end up dying.
    Tank and/or damage wonder why I am not healing them and then proceed to spam “need healing” or “GG”...

If people understood how important the healer was they’d do a better job being their bodyguard. More often than not, anytime a team has their healer on lockdown is when that team is pretty much unkillable, even when most of the enemy team makes it to cauterize 2/3.

I’m on plat and it seems like I see this a lot, I cannot even imagine how much worse it gets on diamond or master rank...