Let us surrender

• @jocasela, surrendering because you are afraid of losing is selfish. You'd be more helpful to the people who want to play if you would simply quit a match - before it started or even during.

Don't mess up other people's games just because you fear the challenge.

Be the better Champion.

• @Conrad_Max What non sense you talking about ? If you surrender you lose. Someone who wants to surrender already accepts it is a lost. That is not being afraid of losing. FFS.

If you sobatage the game and making it unfun for your teammates by ignoring team play and focusing on your own agenda, you are selfish and a bad player. In fact you are not suitable for a team play based game like Paladins.

Also need to add here disconnections happen. The game adds a bot which does nothing but making things even more unfair. It only achieves giving better score and free credits to other team. Surrender option would be very useful here.

Long story short ; there are a lot of valid and good reasons for surrender vote. We are talking vote btw. No one is saying if one person wants to surrender match should end. Someone will start the vote if others agree they will vote yes if they don't agree they will vote no. If yes votes are more than no votes match will end otherwise it wont. Kinda like democracy. The people who don't want this are like : "I don't care about if others having fun or not, if i don't care about team play or whatever. I just only care about my own agenda. I give no frak about if i am hurting my teammates." And they have audacity to call other people selfish for asking this VOTE. They also advise them to quit the match. Like that won't make things even worse for their team. (cuz they don't care about losing or winning nor their teammates)

• PC

I don't see what surrendering has to do with being selfish? And again: Why does it work so well in other games? What is diffrent about Paladins that it won't work there?

There are soo many possibilities why a match can't be won: Having a troll, having a bot, bad matchmaking... All of them result in one thing: time waste and frustration. To surrender will save us both.

Also also: Even if you're trying to complete a challenge - does it help you that you have to stay in a match and getting killed over and over? No. Quite the opposite in fact. Being able to surrender actually helps you finding a match quicker, in wich you can complete your challenge.

• @Snugglebit said in Let us surrender:

There are soo many possibilities why a match can't be won: Having a troll, having a bot, bad matchmaking...

To be fair, if matchmaking, servers and bans all worked properly there'd be little reason for a surrender system. They should fix those before implementing one.

• @M3RC3N4RI0
    In rouge company, a game made by Hi-Rez, has that exacted same feature of your whole team surrendering, and I like it because if people are toxic and your teamates quit, you can VOTE to surrender. I think it would be a quality of life thing.

• @Conrad_Max There have been instances where teams get stomped so hard that they get pushed to spawn and the team that's stomping don't cap point. You can't leave this scenario. I've had this go on for hours before. You can't quit and play the game unless you make an alternate account. This breaks the game. The game desperately needs a forfeit system.

• @crazypitzo, with good communication and a team working together, you can escape the spawn point and win. I've done it many times. Unfortunately, many teams do not communicate or work together.

• PC

@Conrad_Max said in Let us surrender:

Unfortunately, many teams do not communicate or work together.

And there you have your reason

• PC

@SomeGuySomeWhere said in Let us surrender:

To be fair, if matchmaking, servers and bans all worked properly there'd be little reason for a surrender system. They should fix those before implementing one.

Also also: They already removed something as a workaround instead of fixing it: Killcam and MVP. It wouldn't even be the first time they do something like that.

Besides it's not blamewothy to use some kind of workaround if you cannot fix the problem itself.

• @Snugglebit said in Let us surrender:

@Conrad_Max said in Let us surrender:

Unfortunately, many teams do not communicate or work together.

And there you have your reason

I always communicate with my teams. I use a headset, keyboard and even the game's VGS system. Not all members will work together, but many do. And playing the game, win or lose, is more enjoyable.

And I am still opposed to a surrender option.