January Rage Thread

• @Dusklicious said in January Rage Thread:

@HeartQueen said in January Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious said in January Rage Thread:

Weird it seems people on Jay's Disc for some reason don't want more wrecker buffs when next patch's buffs will do next to nothing about the problem of Wrecker being near useless.

Hirez needs to realize fast that the reason Overwatch lost the playerbase was due to role queues and the shield meta. No one wants to wait 10 minutes just to play a dps in casual, and I'm damn sure not about to give dps to a bottom pick Gold player simply because he asked for the role. No one wants to shoot at shields all game for 30 minutes.

People on Jay's Disc aren't the most knowledgeable. They literally just cry about Androxus countering champions that he's supposed to counter. Like bro, most of the damage dealers counter him. Vivian, Cassie, Tiberius, Lian, Sha Lin, Viktor, and Strix. They literally act like Androxus does 2 million damage and has no counter-play at all.

I mean Andro is strong, but yeah it isn't like he doesn't have counters... Buck, Sha, Tiber, to an extent Cassie... Also a decent Nessa destroys him.

Also for some reason most players I see that are low masters in Discords have cringe opinions they regard as facts.

The issue is that people worship higher ranked players and pro players. Hardly anyone questions them because "they're higher ranked, they must be right." So many people also excuse problematic behavior. Like my duo dealt with a pro player that first picked Grohk, which caused the enemy to draft around it, and he didn't even get 100k damage in 28 minutes, which caused them to lose. My duo naturally called them out for it and everyone was like "stfu! he's a pro player! you have no right to criticize his pick!"

Now, they are more knowledgeable than the average person. They are higher ranked for a reason, this excludes boosted people who duo queue with pro players or really good GM players, so they do possess more mechanical skill and/or gamesense. And I can understand to a certain extent as to why they have a slight attitude and get irritated. Like I really don't want some Gold player yelling at me about banning Makoa and giving the enemy Vivian, when Vivian is trashcan tier right now and Makoa is actually broken as fuck. I don't want to be an egotistical prick so I usually just ignore the yelling and communicate normally with my team by suggesting picks and asking what they're comfortable playing. Though it does irritate me when they go on and on about it, when they're not knowledgeable at all.

• PC

Weird it seems people on Jay's Disc for some reason don't want more wrecker buffs when next patch's buffs will do next to nothing about the problem of Wrecker being near useless.

Hirez needs to realize fast that the reason Overwatch lost the playerbase was due to role queues and the shield meta. No one wants to wait 10 minutes just to play a dps in casual, and I'm damn sure not about to give dps to a bottom pick Gold player simply because he asked for the role. No one wants to shoot at shields all game for 30 minutes.

People on Jay's Disc aren't the most knowledgeable. They literally just cry about Androxus countering champions that he's supposed to counter. Like bro, most of the damage dealers counter him. Vivian, Cassie, Tiberius, Lian, Sha Lin, Viktor, and Strix. They literally act like Androxus does 2 million damage and has no counter-play at all.

I mean Andro is strong, but yeah it isn't like he doesn't have counters... Buck, Sha, Tiber, to an extent Cassie... Also a decent Nessa destroys him.

Also for some reason most players I see that are low masters in Discords have cringe opinions they regard as facts.

The issue is that people worship higher ranked players and pro players. Hardly anyone questions them because "they're higher ranked, they must be right." So many people also excuse problematic behavior. Like my duo dealt with a pro player that first picked Grohk, which caused the enemy to draft around it, and he didn't even get 100k damage in 28 minutes, which caused them to lose. My duo naturally called them out for it and everyone was like "stfu! he's a pro player! you have no right to criticize his pick!"

Now, they are more knowledgeable than the average person.

Yep there's that but also the fact that quite a few of these players can say whatever they want and it will suddenly be gospel. Heck I've heard pros say "Willo is a top 5 damage"... Like huh? Willo is the worst damage in the entire game. That is simply the case. Her ultimate is bad, her Dead Zone is only useful if either used in a 200+IQ way or against a complete moron, Seedlings are inconsistent at best in terms of the damage, and her base weapon has the worst base DPS out of every DPS champion in the game, even including flanks.

I mean they should be, but also you can't tell me that a pro that plays my main 16 times when I play them 2000 is somehow more knowledgable about my main. That's just simply nonsense.

• Well hello, welcome to my Evie rant. Make yourself at home, this is gonna take a while.

So does anyone know if we're getting an Evie buff any time soon? Between doing 50 more damage than Maeve with a 100 less health and no self-heal available in basic kit while still being regularly compared to her is insane.

She could be such an interesting champion, with the most unique personality Hi-Rez has pooped out as of yet, but instead she's left in the gutter.

I have a level 31 Evie and I swear to gosh most times I still die more than I kill, and it's not through lack of trying. Her blink distance is pathetic, so that's change that is necessary in her loadout, she also has no self heal so that's needed too, not to mention that to change the excuse of an ultimate into something more ultimate requires you to sacrifice a huge chunk of her mobility, leaving you more exposed and therefore you die more often.

Okay, say you buff that mobility, add self-heal, now no one can hit you but but but, with that slug of a projectile speed just you try hitting them too.

Okay, then let's get closer to our enemies right? Wrong, your weapon does self damage and you'll just become a massive target for a machinegun-bearing champion and end up assisting in your own death anyway.

A load out is supposed to be filled with extra goodies to change your playstyle, but instead for Evie it's a must for survival and playing her at all, there's no room for customisation. Even then, with literally everything going toward survivability, playing her is EXTREMELY difficult.

From tens of stolen kills by other dear, fellow flanks with higher projectile speeds, to that annoying enemy Maeve with more health, Street Justice on, double jumps, self-heal and pretty much the same damage dealing that you keep meeting in the left flank.

So after weeks of devoting myself to her, I have come to a conclusion. Evie is a cruel champion.

She's a cruel addition to the game and that needs to be changed. Why? Winning with her is amazing, you get a crappy, badly coordinated enemy team with no Skye or Koga in your team set out to swipe kills and bam, you're addicted to your Winter Witch by the fifth Lex you kill. But that reality is rare and most times there will be someone else in the flanks with higher projectile speed to swipe kills and most times the enemy won't be alone and most times they will have a machine gun or a revolver because that's flanks for ya, but the few times they don't is enough to get you to love her.

It's like being in a toxic relationship LMAO

PS: Blink is unreliable method of escape, take 0.34 seconds too long to press it and some Tyra just shot you halfway through escaping, crushing your hopes and dreams in the process.

PPS: 4 seconds is not enough to kill a moving, shooting target with that projectile speed.

PPPS: Ice block must be renamed Sitting Duck.

PPPPS: SERIOUSLY, please do something about Ice Block.

PPPPPS: I'm not kidding, Sitting Duck would be a massive hit

Oh and... Being one-shoted by a sniper is not fun 🙂

• PC

Cringe opinion of the day: "Andro needs a buff"

• @Dusklicious haha a good andro is legit the only champ I wanna rage quit over. Like 3 or 4 POP, POP, POP and I'm dead, watching him reload. Lol

• @Dusklicious Hmm, ok, before people start shooting at you, could you explain further what buff do you mean? 😅

• PC

@SomeGuySomeWhere said in January Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious Hmm, ok, before people start shooting at you, could you explain further what buff do you mean? 😅

They said that Andro punch should get a damage buff and he should get a health buff. Which would be fine and dandy but Andro is already legit the strongest flank in the entire game 🤣

• @megumin022 she could use more health and healing in her base kit, yeah.

I don't play her much but she seems to be like Maeve in that she's meant to poke and look for openings. She can get in the enemy mix sometimes and just be a nuisance too and then get out. Diverting enemy focus.

I think she also needs a second damage option in ice block. Have ice block heal in base kit and explode for AOE damage after its duration.

• @megumin022 said in January Rage Thread:

Well hello, welcome to my Evie rant. Make yourself at home, this is gonna take a while.

So does anyone know if we're getting an Evie buff any time soon? Between doing 50 more damage than Maeve with a 100 less health and no self-heal available in basic kit while still being regularly compared to her is insane.

She could be such an interesting champion, with the most unique personality Hi-Rez has pooped out as of yet, but instead she's left in the gutter.

I think she should have her flicker nerf reverted, and change Great Distance card to a heal on soar card. The soar heal would make it so Over the Moon resets and even Snow Globe are able to make a build with healing in it.

I have a level 31 Evie and I swear to gosh most times I still die more than I kill, and it's not through lack of trying. Her blink distance is pathetic, so that's change that is necessary in her loadout, she also has no self heal so that's needed too, not to mention that to change the excuse of an ultimate into something more ultimate requires you to sacrifice a huge chunk of her mobility, leaving you more exposed and therefore you die more often.

Most people don't get good with Evie until at least level 50. I'm level 54 on her, and I'm still not the most consistent. Though I'm not as bad. Like I'm going 2-3, when I would've gone 2-13 simply because I don't feed. But I did have a great game where I went 10-4, even against a level 60+ Lian! I'm very happy about that.

Okay, say you buff that mobility, add self-heal, now no one can hit you but but but, with that slug of a projectile speed just you try hitting them too.

Okay, then let's get closer to our enemies right? Wrong, your weapon does self damage and you'll just become a massive target for a machinegun-bearing champion and end up assisting in your own death anyway.

I just spam projectiles in a person's area until they're low, then I dive them. The thing about Evie is that she makes fights unfair for other people. If you try to take a fair fight with her, you just lose.

A load out is supposed to be filled with extra goodies to change your playstyle, but instead for Evie it's a must for survival and playing her at all, there's no room for customisation. Even then, with literally everything going toward survivability, playing her is EXTREMELY difficult.

I think some soar and teleport in base kit would be good for her. Like 10% soar speed and 18% teleport in base kit. Though honestly, Evie has not much room for customization. Her loadouts are the following with wormhole:

• hp 1
    • flicker 5 (self heal on blink)
    • cantrip 1 (ammo on soar)
    • teleport 4 or 5
    • swift witch 4 or 3 depend if you want faster flight or to teleport further

From tens of stolen kills by other dear, fellow flanks with higher projectile speeds, to that annoying enemy Maeve with more health, Street Justice on, double jumps, self-heal and pretty much the same damage dealing that you keep meeting in the left flank.

Maeve shouldn't be compared to Evie for that reason. Sure Evie has slightly more mobility, but here's the thing. Evie actually has less burst damage, because good Maeve players run Cat Burglar, which is 1,040 per set of daggers. If you throw 2 daggers and pounce, that's a burst of 2,480 in 2 seconds. In 2 seconds, Evie does 1,700 damage. It's not even a close comparison. Plus Maeve has prowl heals, dr on pounce, heal on nine lives in base kit, plus most Maeve players will either run an hp card, so 1-5 (1,950-2,150 hp). Evie only has room for HP 1, and that's 1,829 hp.

So after weeks of devoting myself to her, I have come to a conclusion. Evie is a cruel champion.

She's a cruel addition to the game and that needs to be changed. Why? Winning with her is amazing, you get a crappy, badly coordinated enemy team with no Skye or Koga in your team set out to swipe kills and bam, you're addicted to your Winter Witch by the fifth Lex you kill. But that reality is rare and most times there will be someone else in the flanks with higher projectile speed to swipe kills and most times the enemy won't be alone and most times they will have a machine gun or a revolver because that's flanks for ya, but the few times they don't is enough to get you to love her.

It's like being in a toxic relationship LMAO

PS: Blink is unreliable method of escape, take 0.34 seconds too long to press it and some Tyra just shot you halfway through escaping, crushing your hopes and dreams in the process.

PPS: 4 seconds is not enough to kill a moving, shooting target with that projectile speed.

PPPS: Ice block must be renamed Sitting Duck.

PPPPS: SERIOUSLY, please do something about Ice Block.

PPPPPS: I'm not kidding, Sitting Duck would be a massive hit

Oh and... Being one-shoted by a sniper is not fun 🙂

Snipers are such bullshit tbh. Don't forget about the sprays you get when people kill you, because being a high level Evie that is good is a crime. Yet if a level 10 Vivian player that farmed an entire lobby with 2 pockets up her ass doesn't get a single spray when she dies.

• Switch

My baby was murdered

• When is pts up so I can show ppl how stupid are the Seris changes?

• Switch

@TTraw In next week i think

• PC

Why did they do nothing to Talus... He's legit one of the worst champions in the whole game on PC and just passable on console when they have essentially free hits because aim assist.

• @Dusklicious People complain about him on console a lot even in his current state. I don't see anything happening to this mess of a champion.

• PC

@TTraw said in January Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious People complain about him on console a lot even in his current state. I don't see anything happening to this mess of a champion.

I see people in discs saying he's even bad on console as well now. Like Talus is just really, really weak right now as a whole. A dive champion who has no real dive potential sucks.

• @Dusklicious I proposed buffs to Talus on reddit not so long ago, everyone screamed at me how I will kill console with it. I guess we met different people...

• PC

@Dusklicious I proposed buffs to Talus on reddit not so long ago, everyone screamed at me how I will kill console with it. I guess we met different people...

Talking to people about it on the official discord. 😛

• He hasn't changed. And i don't see the difference between console and pc with talus. Hes hit scan.??

One min a champs OP the next he sucks and nothing has changed with the champ lol.

• PC

Imagine a game where prominent community members don't even know the official forums for it even exist still. 🙃

Welp when Yagorath hits ranked that's pretty much going to mean RIP Inara. Not only do we have shield tanks that tank better than her and have actual escapes as well, we'll now have a tank that can sit point with over 10,000 effective health and more effectively keep the point, pretty much putting the last nail in the coffin for Inara. But even then part of the problem here isn't Yago being "OP please nerf" (She looks strong, but not OP for a few reasons) it's Inara just sucking. She's already the worst tank in the game that's already outclassed in what's supposed to be her strongest point by 3 other tanks, but after Yago we'll have a champion that's legit Inara but without wall and good. Prediction, but there seems to be a decent amount of evidence for it.

• @TTraw said in January Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious I proposed buffs to Talus on reddit not so long ago, everyone screamed at me how I will kill console with it. I guess we met different people...

Talking to people about it on the official discord. 😛

@Christlike said in January Rage Thread:

He hasn't changed. And i don't see the difference between console and pc with talus. Hes hit scan.??

One min a champs OP the next he sucks and nothing has changed with the champ lol.

The difference is the audience they're asking. A lot of people on Jay's Discord are Platinum and above. On r/Paladins, you have a bunch of Silver and Gold players who are complaining about Skye and Talus. In general, flanks annoy low elo players because they have no awareness and/or lack mechanical skill to properly punish flanks.