January Rage Thread

• PC

Looking at anything on Twitter related to Paladins today for the most part involves going through people whining the game is dead because EM are allocating resources away from the competitive scene and to the game itself.

Granted I've also heard a claim they're using that money to bolster SMITE's scene and reallocating it to Rogue Company (I could care less about SMITE's scene when paying them involves killing Paladins' scene, and Rogue Company isn't even a good game worth pursuing). But there's not much evidence for it, and that would go totally against what the announcement says.

But I mean it's ridiculous just how mad people are getting about the disbandment (and it literally just says for 2021 as well, says nothing about a new competitive scene being added later) a competitive scene nobody really payed attention to.

• @Dusklicious said in January Rage Thread:

Rubs hands together Okay, so I'm going to make a prediction on who will make it into AoC out of the PC reps.

• Sweelian
    • Syberbolt
    • Hyuga
    • Beam4Hell (Mainly because Kreepers promotion)
    • Fishnit

I know I'm not making it. It's a popularity contest at the end of the day, and I don't have the numbers. 🤷 Probably going to have about 15 votes is my guess. Not last, there's candidates on there that nobody knows whatsoever, but still. Like there is legit no way I make it against any of these 5. Also I see InfernalSeris ALMOST making it, and I can be assured she probably got several times as many votes as I did.

As for console reps, legit the only one I know is Libra, and there's no way she's not going to be PS4 rep again.

Also yes this is in the rage thread for a reason. Kind of upset the AoC has come to a popularity contest and I don't like about half the candidates that will make it for PC. And by that I mean, I don't think they'll be good AoC members. I wouldn't personally vote for any of them except Hyuga probably.

I'm a PS4 palyer and I know Soku. She's a GM that's pretty well known on Twitter and in the community. I personally voted for her. But here's the thing... JGenzy was a well known GM on PS4 and he got the support of the guy that made the Maeve lore story, but he still lost to Libra. So you never know. I'm about to be honest, there are only 5 CONSOLE Reps, not PS4 but CONSOLE, that play a Diamond+ elo. And very few of them seemed like they actually cared or said some bs. Like one of them said "role queue" and that was an instant nope.
    None of the Switch reps made it to Diamond, which means we'll get a repeat of the current Switch AOC that said "nerf Koga claws." Joy... 🙄

• PC

... And I can pretty much confirm now that I'm not AoC. Didn't expect to win anyways. Also know a few others who I fully expected to make it, didn't either.

... And I can pretty much confirm now that I'm not AoC. Didn't expect to win anyways. Also know a few others who I fully expected to make it, didn't either.

I'm surprised Infernal Seris didn't make it tbh. I thought she had a pretty decent following tbh, plus some people advertised her. Though I kind of figured Fishnit wouldn't make it, even though I wanted him to. Fishnit is famous for being a pro player, and most of the community doesn't watch e-sports. It's looking like Syberbolt is making it, which I didn't want to happen tbh because he's a shitter and a flip flopper.

L1bra and Soku haven't said anything at all, so I don't know for the PS4 AoC Rep.

• PC

@HeartQueen said in January Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious said in January Rage Thread:

I'm surprised Infernal Seris didn't make it tbh. I thought she had a pretty decent following tbh, plus some people advertised her. Though I kind of figured Fishnit wouldn't make it, even though I wanted him to. Fishnit is famous for being a pro player, and most of the community doesn't watch e-sports. It's looking like Syberbolt is making it, which I didn't want to happen tbh because he's a shitter and a flip flopper.

L1bra and Soku haven't said anything at all, so I don't know for the PS4 AoC Rep.

I heard at some point that it may have been a troll, but I don't know. 🤷

They can't say if they did make it, that would disqualify them, so not saying anything at all might be a sign one of them might be AoC PS4 Rep? I mean I only know L1bra when it comes to PS4, Tick when it comes to Xbox, and none of the switch reps.

• PS_App_20210123_090704(1)_2_resized.jpg

I'm not saying I did the best, but what the absolute fuck was this game?! Imagine going 0-18 as Barik. Imagine going 6-15 as Vora, with a Torvald following you around all game. Like fucking how. I was the only one on my team who killed everyone on the enemy team at least one time. This is actually fucking sad.

• PC

I'm actually very, very happy that Luna will not be able to cap in the next patch

• PC

Friggin morons.. Sha lin wasn't even a bot. Most of my team just sat around.

20210124183805_1.jpg

• PC

Lets play spot the bot(s).

20210124190424_1.jpg

20210124191343_1.jpg

• PC

Is the come back mechanic bugged? I watched the enemy cap go from 60% to 100% in under 2 seconds. I'm not exaggerating.

Per wiki: "It takes 34s to capture a point regularly, 26s with Full Comeback Mechanic and 29s with Half Comeback Mechanic."

• PC

I really like how people seem to be intent on forcing views of the meta that make zero sense on everyone else, and they most of the time just agree with it if it comes from a player that's "good" enough.

Like Willo being a meta damage when she has the lowest DPS out of all of the DPS champions in the game and may as well not have an ultimate against hitscan... 🤷 I mean... she has DR I guess, but I mean... So does Tyra and she's definitely not meta. As for Dead Zone I'm surprised nobody tried the idea of, uhhh, literally using WASD keys? Seriously I don't get how anyone could have a problem dealing with Willo to the point she's somehow a top 5 damage in comp/high level ranked. Like the only thing I see with her is DR and a mechanic that can force tanks from standing behind shield...? But even then for Terminus/Khan/Atlas it's almost completely irrelevant...

Seriously I don't care if she has a card that gives her 25% DR. Tyra has one that gives her 20 stacking with diminishing returns, and that doesn't suddenly make her meta. What the f*** is the difference for Willo? Seems honestly like she ends up being a blaster Tyra that's more annoying.

• PC

fyi: From now on I leave every match with a sniper and / or 2 or more halers in my team. So if we ever meet in such a situation: don't expect anything from me.

• PC

Upset they broke Barik. 😡

• is nobody really going to bring up Koga being OP and constantly dashing ? when will the balllance patch ever happen? yall just talk about stupid skins and why won't ranked accept any new trash champion hi rez doesn't even bother to get people testing it in most playing scenarios.

this is why nobody is buying anything in this game. skins are boring and cost too much, battlepass is lame with icons as rewards and matchmaking+champion ballancing is trash. Put paladins back in beta. pathetic "progress" so far.

Also. are the reports ever going to do something or is it just for the illusion of justice?

• @U1228124567 said in January Rage Thread:

is nobody really going to bring up Koga being OP and constantly dashing ? when will the balllance patch ever happen? yall just talk about stupid skins and why won't ranked accept any new trash champion hi rez doesn't even bother to get people testing it in most playing scenarios.

this is why nobody is buying anything in this game. skins are boring and cost too much, battlepass is lame with icons as rewards and matchmaking+champion ballancing is trash. Put paladins back in beta. pathetic "progress" so far.

Also. are the reports ever going to do something or is it just for the illusion of justice?

The issue with the skins is the lack of creativity and appeal. There is no food theme, no spring theme, no sports theme, etc. Next battle pass is rumored to be a Digitized battle pass. People criticized Thunderbrush for doing a bunch of Sci-Fi skins, and he's back to doing it. It's like a lack of creativity. Like the skins are literally copies of concepts/champions they've done from the past. Like the Pyre theme is literally Furia. Abyssal Furia looks like Demonette Maeve, and they were going to release a Demonette Evie skin until that got backlash. So before you say, "well Sweet Shop Evie is food themed!" Just take in mind that the concept belonged to someone else. It's getting to the point where their fans are more creative than they are.

Or, like the point I made above, they just don't make sense. Why are Vivian, Tyra, and Bomb King in an RPG battle pass? RPG games don't have guns in them 99% of the time, and even when they do add them, they're usually an asspull put in to attract the COD fanbase. Point is, RPGs are usually all about magic, bows, spears, swords, etc., not about guns. So why the fuck are half of the people in the battle pass gun users? Just why? And I'm personally mad about that because I love MMORPGs and RPGs, yet they fucked it up. Another thing they'll do is if a champion doesn't make sense for the theme, they'll make an excuse like "we don't want a dragon skin for Drogoz because he's a dragon." Meanwhile, they have a million cat skins for Maeve and a chief skin for Grohk.

They can't help match-making too much. People are bad at this game. Everyday on Reddit you get people complaining about being against tryhards. Those same people also say "stop acting like winning is everything, it's just a game." Yet you complain about losing to tryhards? I thought it was just a game. Which one is it? So when you got those people, they can't help match-making much. Too few actual good players. Like a lot of them have left for better games.

I agree about balance. Why are pocket supports still a thing? Why are we getting an Overwatch style shield and cc meta? Why are they weakening the item shop, which is literally the only thing keeping this game from being like Overwatch? Why are we getting infinite barriers as point tanks such as HS Makoa, Terminus, and Shield Nando, instead of well designed ones like Inara and Barik? Inara and Barik are MOBA styled point tanks, while the 3 I listed above are Overwatch style point tanks. And people are now asking for a role queue, which is another thing from Overwatch. 🙄 I think we as a community should just direct them to Overwatch when they ask for crap from that shit game. Overwatch jokes aside, they need to bring back some of the old devs for champion design, because these new ones are not very good. Like here's our 'progress'

• Inara and Barik to ShieldNando and HS Makoa
    • Androxus and Evie to Moji and Koga
    • Grover and Ying to Corvus and Jenos
    • Bomb King and Lian to Vivian and Dredge

What the fuck is happening with the champion design team? Not to say all old champions are good and all new ones are bad. Skye and Grohk are old champions. Furia, Raum, and Imani are new champions. However, there is a theme that shows that the new champions as a whole are worse designed than the older champions.

• PC

Why are we getting infinite barriers as point tanks such as HS Makoa, Terminus, and Shield Nando, instead of well designed ones like Inara and Barik?

Barik is meta right now, though. He's banned near constantly at least on PC in ranked. They really broke him with the 4k health. Inara granted is arguably the only downright bad tank in the game, but still. Barik is absolutely busted right now, I've heard people argue he's better than Koa which will 100% be the case next patch.

Shield Nando is also considered pretty meh right now. Pretty much only picked if you don't have any better options for point (Barik, Term, Koa, even arguably Khan is better on point with Lian's Shield).

• @Dusklicious It's not about meta though. It's the fact that since Inara and Barik, they have never made another point tank that was based around cycling through cooldowns.

Inara: earthen guard>wall>warder's field>earthen guard>so on and so forth
    Barik: turret>shield>rocket boots>turret>so on and so forth

Barik isn't just "put up shield and win" and Inara isn't just "put up wall and win." They basically have to build the optimal loadout in order to cycle through their cooldowns to mitigate damage in different ways. Barik has self healing cards with turret, shield blocks a million people shooting at you, and rocket boots allows you to get behind cover (which is why he has less dr and hp than Inara). Inara doesn't have the mobility that Barik has, so she gets more sustain. Warder's Field is crowd control and has a dr card. Earthen Guard with Mother's Grace has damage reduction and increased healing. Plus her wall traps a champion out of position while blocking damage from the enemy team. Both of them are about using their different abilities to avoid and/or mitigate damage.

The new devs just simply can't create point tanks that are as well designed as Inara and Barik. It's like the devs are looking at Overwatch instead of looking at MOBAs or MMORPGs as a way to design point tanks.

• PC

@Dusklicious It's not about meta though. It's the fact that since Inara and Barik, they have never made another point tank that was based around cycling through cooldowns.

Barik isn't just "put up shield and win" and Inara isn't just "put up wall and win." They basically have to build the optimal loadout in order to cycle through their cooldowns to mitigate damage in different ways. Barik has self healing cards with turret, shield blocks a million people shooting at you, and rocket boots allows you to get behind cover (which is why he has less dr and hp than Inara). Inara doesn't have the mobility that Barik has, so she gets more sustain. Warder's Field is crowd control and has a dr card. Earthen Guard with Mother's Grace has damage reduction and increased healing. Plus her wall traps a champion out of position while blocking damage from the enemy team. Both of them are about using their different abilities to avoid and/or mitigate damage.

The new devs just simply can't create point tanks that are as well designed as Inara and Barik. It's like the devs are looking at Overwatch instead of looking at MOBAs or MMORPGs as a way to design point tanks.

I mean Nando and Koa have been in the game both for longer than Inara has... ❓ And I'd definitely not say Yagorath is badly designed. She has flaws, but badly designed, definitely not.

• @U1228124567 koga isn't op though. Occasionally you'll get the koga who can carry but he's an easy counter if you just dont flip out when he starts dashing and busting rounds. He has 3 dashes then hes spent. Low health. Mitigate damage while he's going spastic and get him on reload or after he finishes dashing.

If its claw koga you just got to position better and use the wonky aiming against them. I can't for the paladins life of me get out of silver 1 where people are banning Vivian and koga instead of jenos and makoa.

@Dusklicious It's not about meta though. It's the fact that since Inara and Barik, they have never made another point tank that was based around cycling through cooldowns.

I mean Nando and Koa have been in the game both for longer than Inara has... ❓ And I'd definitely not say Yagorath is badly designed. She has flaws, but badly designed, definitely not.

I meant their point tank meta ability. Like Fernando was put in the game as Flanknando and Makoa's meta talent was Leviathon for the longest time, until people realized that Pluck was also good as a squishy killer. For the longest time, people flipped back and forth about which is better, Pluck or Leviathon. Leviathon gave cc immunity during ult, but Pluck gave more burst. That's why when Makoa got cc immunity in base kit, people turned to Pluck instead of half shell. Meanwhile, Inara was always designed as a point tank.

My point was, we went from Inara and Barik as point tanks to them trying to make Makoa and Fernando into point tanks. Makoa was literally made to counter mobile flanks like Maeve, Androxus, and Evie. Fernando was made to counter backline dps. What went wrong was that the devs nerfed their weapons and gave them access shields with a nerf to wrecker. Gone was point tanks like Inara and Barik that cycled through cooldowns, and hello to the point tanks that just put up shield.

@Christlike said in January Rage Thread:

@U1228124567 koga isn't op though. Occasionally you'll get the koga who can carry but he's an easy counter if you just dont flip out when he starts dashing and busting rounds. He has 3 dashes then hes spent. Low health. Mitigate damage while he's going spastic and get him on reload or after he finishes dashing.

If its claw koga you just got to position better and use the wonky aiming against them. I can't for the paladins life of me get out of silver 1 where people are banning Vivian and koga instead of jenos and makoa.

Tbh, I started having way better luck in ranked when I stopped banning Vivian and started banning Makoa. Like I'm on console, and I still don't understand why people ban Vivian. She's legit ass. Just run Tyra or Makoa + Skye against her. lol