Map Voting should be a thing in paladins.

• Paladins has alot of good maps for different characters and other great maps that are fun to play as in both background and vantage points. However you often get few specific maps more often. Where is Timber Mill/Hill? What about Jaguar Falls? A lot of us havent seen that map or got to play it becuz of the lowered probability of them or for different reasons. I hardly ever get to play Test maps either. It would be pretty cool to get them more often cuz we havent played them as much as the completed maps.
    The game could use a map voting system to help us pick the maps we want. This would lead to the reworks of queueing but its just a suggestion after all. Heres an example or idea of how it could work:-
    At the end of a game, the 10 players can choose from 5 maps.

• One of the selections being the map you just played.
    • One of the selections being a test map.
    • And the other 3 maps being random.
      This would help players vote for the map they want to play and let them have more fun.

• I cannot agree with this suggestion as someone's favorite map may never get played. Also, other's favorite may always be played. Some players will have consistant advantages while others will consistantly have none. This is especially true if teammates are in a party. Some players already complain about the advantages of players in a party. [I don't.] Randomly selected maps is the most fair way for all players.

• @Conrad_Max said in Map Voting should be a thing in paladins.:

I cannot agree with this suggestion as someone's favorite map may never get played. Also, other's favorite may always be played. Some players will have consistant advantages while others will consistantly have none. This is especially true if teammates are in a party. Some players already complain about the advantages of players in a party. [I don't.] Randomly selected maps is the most fair way for all players.

By "someones favourite map may never get played" if you meant my favorite map or something like that then no, they are not my favs if it made any sense. I made the suggestion cuz each map didn't have the same probability to be played next. Timber mill and jaguar falls for example aren't getting played as much as the newer ones. The map pick rates aren't random enough and sometimes specific maps get picked twice in a different order leaving the other maps besides the 2 I mentioned get played a bit less as well. I'd be fine if all maps had equal probabilities of getting played but they aren't. And also the map voting system I suggested was just an example of how it could be applied. All I want is that the maps with less playrate be played a bit more while having a good playrate with newer maps. That's about all I have to say cuz the current random pickrate of each map isn't fair.

• PC

@SNIper-poTAto

I don't want to exclude maps or vote on them. I want to stop playing x map x times in a row. I had posted an idea on the old forum to attempt to make the map selection more fair and appear more random.

Basically the map selector code would look at all the players games in the most recent few hours and would select the least played map from the 10 players.

• @DaddyOoker said in Map Voting should be a thing in paladins.:

@SNIper-poTAto

I don't want to exclude maps or vote on them. I want to stop playing x map x times in a row. I had posted an idea on the old forum to attempt to make the map selection more fair and appear more random.

Basically the map selector code would look at all the players games in the most recent few hours and would select the least played map from the 10 players.

That's a good idea. I'd vote for it. I simply think it would have a minor impact in queue time but I'm not sure.

• PC

@SNIper-poTAto

I don't expect any noticeable impact to implement this.

• PC

currently the maps we are playing in ranked, in 30 games :
    8 fishmarket, 9 bazaar, 5 shattered desert, 3 warder's gate, 2 quarry, 2 jaguar falls, 1 brightmarsh

anyway the map selection is broken already, no need to implement something that would break it even more
    between the map ratio, the fact that sometimes it shows a map then you play on a totally different map, and the fact that they removed dungeon keep instead of fishmarket...