Paladins PTS is Live! - "Season 4: Calamity"

• PC

PTS Balance adjustments:

https://twitter.com/EvilMojoAdanas/status/1351246918723231746?s=20

(if they are in the PTS client, they are not mentioned in tooltips)

• Also the effect listed for Corrosive Acid is wrong. It does not increase the damage of pools, but it does add a pool underneath Yagorath when she's using Harden.

• @Dusklicious said in Paladins PTS is Live! - "Season 4: Calamity":

Also the effect listed for Corrosive Acid is wrong. It does not increase the damage of pools, but it does add a pool underneath Yagorath when she's using Harden.

I am confusion. You meant the damage on spray right? Since it's 48 per tick at base kit anyway. Or are pools 40 dmg per tick at base as well? Didnt check.

So what the talent does? 20% move speed + acid on harden? meh....

No Seris changes in that list. Is she really going through the way she is on PTS?

• PC

@TTraw said in Paladins PTS is Live! - "Season 4: Calamity":

@Dusklicious said in Paladins PTS is Live! - "Season 4: Calamity":

Also the effect listed for Corrosive Acid is wrong. It does not increase the damage of pools, but it does add a pool underneath Yagorath when she's using Harden.

I am confusion. You meant the damage on spray right? Since it's 48 per tick at base kit anyway. Or are pools 40 dmg per tick at base as well? Didnt check.

No Seris changes in that list. Is she really going through the way she is on PTS?

I believe that's pretty much what it does... Honestly all of Yago's talents are pretty meh. I've heard people say Sight Begets Strength is decent, but it doesn't really do much. It is a nice movement speed boost though. Pretty much what both of her main talents are useful for is just the movement boosting. Yago's power comes more from specific cards/base kit.

I suppose so...

I believe that's pretty much what it does... Honestly all of Yago's talents are pretty meh. I've heard people say Sight Begets Strength is decent, but it doesn't really do much. It is a nice movement speed boost though. Pretty much what both of her main talents are useful for is just the movement boosting. Yago's power comes more from specific cards/base kit.

I suppose so...

So I guess it is the point tank talent then. 260 healing/s when you have 100% uptime on 60% DR is no joke.

• PC

I suppose so...

So I guess it is the point tank talent then. 260 healing/s when you have 100% uptime on 60% DR is no joke.

It is when you're playing a champ that takes tons of damage when she's sitting point in front of the whole team. My experiences with that on both sides of it end up with Yago taking a lot more damage in practice than you might expect. That 15s cooldown on Harden makes things actually rather difficult not to mention the fact she has to get up to a decent speed until she can roll away unless using up Accelerate's cooldown. And that even requires CD management.

Honestly on her better point maps (definitely NOT Timber Mill, maybe maps with closed points Brightmarsh or Frozen Guard?) her point talent could be pretty good. But from my experiences she seems lackluster on point, but as a flank enabling OT that serves as a meat shield/speed booster for them, she's pretty solid. And she's actually got really nice burst as well, though her acid runs out quickly and her quills have a CD, though the latter seems to not run out particularly often running a rank or two of Futile Efforts.

I suppose so...

It is when you're playing a champ that takes tons of damage when she's sitting point in front of the whole team. My experiences with that on both sides of it end up with Yago taking a lot more damage in practice than you might expect. That 15s cooldown on Harden makes things actually rather difficult not to mention the fact she has to get up to a decent speed until she can roll away unless using up Accelerate's cooldown. And that even requires CD management.

She has a card that reduces her Harden by whooping 1.5s each time she land a quill. Combined with both cards that give her more effficacy + halved efficacy she can get Harden back before the previous one ends (or very close to it) with Chronos.

I also use that quill cd on Spray. It actually counts for both spray AND acid, meaning that each quill recharges 66% faster while she is firing at someone, just at lvl 1. It's insane. Also, I found a weird bug with this card. If she used all of her quill charges and start spraying with this card at lvl 5, she will shoot quills every ~0.25 - 0.5s instead of every 1s, but it's very hard to do consistently.

Last card I use is either +acid on Quills since it synergizes well with the cd one, or the speed boost on F for 1s but I don't think it actually works since I feel no difference. Also tried the heal on her F when she "cancels" it early - it actually is always activated if you use the card that lowers your duration on the ability - but I feel like it's too low of a bonus to consider it.

Honestly on her better point maps (definitely NOT Timber Mill, maybe maps with closed points Brightmarsh or Frozen Guard?) her point talent could be pretty good. But from my experiences she seems lackluster on point, but as a flank enabling OT that serves as a meat shield/speed booster for them, she's pretty solid. And she's actually got really nice burst as well, though her acid runs out quickly and her quills have a CD, though the latter seems to not run out particularly often running a rank or two of Futile Efforts.

I hate how Timber Mill is the only playable map. How am I supposed to try some of the changes and playstyles of champions when obviously most of them don't even work on that map. 50% chance for it to appear would be more than enough to test it. And Yago could be really good on Brightmarsh.

I really like Yago tho. We needed something different for a champion kit in a really long time now. Her cards are all very interesting as well, althuogh there are few that are obviously too weak. Her talents aren't very interesting, her form swap could use either be faster or have no cd, and her ult needs to at least be healable when she fails it, but other than that, I am happy she exists. I thought I will dislike her since she is so stationary but they really made her interesting enough to keep player engaged even when you can't move.

Overwatch team could take a look at how to make turret character work in a shooter instead of keeping Bastion in F tier almost for 4 years now, lmao.

• Torvald feels awful and useless
    Cassie rolls are infinite now (which is annoying to play against)
    caut cripples pip(instead of increasing the % in mega potion just give him 3 base potion charges)
    no tiberius Q nerfs
    no lian alacrity nerfs
    willo nightshade feels weak due to previous nerfs to DZ (ability has way too high cooldown and just believe is nerfed)

• @detolloted They should have made Luna able to contest but not capture.

She can stop the cart but not push it
    She can stop capture but not capture

• @Shadowpuppy still frustrating. I think if they just yoinked the code that forces you to maintain line of sight with the payload, and did the same thing with IO and Luna and it would be much much better, since that would cause IO to risk her life, while also stopping 5 man zones.

If she could contest for free, it still means that winning teams can give a big middle finger to the comeback mechanic since they won't need to step on the objective quickly