The Update 'Cataclysm' is aptly named...

• @Christlike said in The Update 'Cataclysm' is aptly named...:

@HeartQueen lol no. Go ahead and try to head shot me. You gotta think about getting away before you think precision head shot. You counter snipers by flanking them. They either die or have to get away.

Wtf are you talking about? Why does Kinessa have to get away when a headshot will kill most of the flank class? lol. The only flanks that can survive a headshot from her are max dr and hp Maeve, and max dr Buck. Even then, Kinessa can just do another quick tap to finish Maeve off, unless Maeve has a pocket or two.

It does happen with GM Kinessa players a lot of times often. Like I can destroy a casual Kinessa with fucking Willo. That doesn't mean I can also destroy a GM Kinessa with Willo as well. Like unless you're going against GM and pro Kinessa players, let's not.

• @HeartQueen I don't care if youre GM or pro or whatever you cover positioning and flank right there a nothing a sniper can do but hope to get away. You don't mosey on up to them in broad daylight.

Thats why they are niche. They are picked by certian players for certain maps and comps. When they are bad they get snowballed. They suck.

@HeartQueen I don't care if youre GM or pro or whatever you cover positioning and flank right there a nothing a sniper can do but hope to get away. You don't mosey on up to them in broad daylight.

Thats why they are niche. They are picked by certian players for certain maps and comps. When they are bad they get snowballed. They suck.

You're so naive it's actually sort of adorable. A sniper literally doesn't need to get away from a flank if they have good enough aim to one tap them. Only 1 flank counters Strix, and that's Buck. Only 2 flanks counter Kinessa, and that's Maeve and Buck. Every other flank is food to a sniper with aim.

They are niche because you can draft a flank like Buck or an off tank to pressure them. Also, 90% of snipers are straight ass, 8% are decent or good, and 1% are godtier. Still, it doesn't mean that if they do have the skill, they should be able to one-tap a chunk of the roster. No one likes being one-tapped, which is why people are asking for snipers to get nerfed.

• @HeartQueen you're not one tapping anything when you're getting attacked from behind.

@HeartQueen you're not one tapping anything when you're getting attacked from behind.

I'm starting to think you play in low elo Platinum and below lobbies where flanks are overpowered due to people lacking basic awareness. Here's what's probably happening in your games. The snipers are scoped in looking at the point and shooting at the point while you shoot them from behind. One of 3 scenarios happens next:

• they stay scoped in and you kill them
    • they unscope and look around and shoot some shots that does nothing because you kill them
    • they unscope and try to run, but you kill them

Those are low elo snipers. Here's an example of what happens in actual high elo lobbies. This video right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vj-sjMvTEg&ab_channel=Bugzy

Now you could say that Bugzy is a GM and the Evie might've been a noob. You would be wrong. There are 2 really good plays that lets you know the Evie is at least high Diamond level.

• 3:33-3:36 is the first sign that the Evie is really good. We all know how cracked Bugzy is, so he was naturally a problem for the enemy team. Lian presenced him from behind Term's siphon, so he got behind cover which is smart positioning on his part. Evie blinked up and got the last finishing shot on him, and blinked back instantly.
    • 5:16-5:26 was also a high elo Evie play.

After that, he started watching for Evie. 5:55 and onward is sniper play in high elo. He watches for flank routes while also shooting at the backline and the tank. Evie tries to get behind him several times, but he would one tap her. His mines also do damage and let him know that Evie is about to flank him. Most snipers would likely put mines on the point. At 9:01 Lian leaves spawn and gets one tapped. Great design there. /s

• 9:07-9:10 Strix hits Kinessa and Evie blinks to flank her, but Kinessa teleports away.

• 10:30 a one tap in less than a second. This was when her charge time was 1.4s instead of the current buffed 1.3s. Her ult reduces charge time by 50%, so she could one tap a chunk of the roster in .7 seconds! Now it's in .65 seconds! Plus it does 50% more damage to shots in the upper body, and it increases headshot damage! So you can one tap even all non-tanks in .65 seconds! How tf is that balanced???

• @HeartQueen balanced because your team has to perform and you gotta earn those 1 tap evie shots and 2 tap whoever else. That's the factor you're not taking into account, is team performance. He couldn't play like that with your typical silver or gold team.

He was getting blasted until his team started giving him time to take the shots he needed to. Thats just the way it goes with high risk high reward. Body and get bodied. Usually both in the same game. Oh and your boy took the "noob" talent too.

Gotta admit though, 3 tapping that term was clean.

@HeartQueen balanced because your team has to perform and you gotta earn those 1 tap evie shots and 2 tap whoever else. That's the factor you're not taking into account, is team performance. He couldn't play like that with your typical silver or gold team.

He was getting blasted until his team started giving him time to take the shots he needed to. Thats just the way it goes with high risk high reward. Body and get bodied. Usually both in the same game. Oh and your boy took the "noob" talent too.

Gotta admit though, 3 tapping that term was clean.

No, he got blasted at the beginning because he wasn't watching the flank routes, so Evie got some cheeky plays on him. Once he started watch the flank routes, it was easy for him. In a Gold Lobby, he would absolutely farm those players for various reasons:

• Gold players aren't aware of Kinessa's sight lines. The Lian and Evie were aware of her sightlines so they did decent in spite of him, but even then they were getting blasted because you step a toe out of line and BOOM! Headshot!
    • Flanks are actually more predictable in Gold and don't really wait. Like the Evie in that game was a high elo flank player because they waited for opportunities and opening before flanking him. A Gold flank player would probably take a flank route to try to flank him, and then get one tapped.

Here's the thing. A lot of low elo flank players don't understand that a lot of players in that elo have low awareness and lack of mechanical skill. So they can easily sneak up behind them and flank a whole team. That's why you see so many "nerf flanks!" post because people don't bother to actually turn around. I've actually tried to help an ex friend who ended up leaving me. He was one of those people who farmed console Gold and Platinum ranked lobbies with Talus simply because people don't turn around in that elo and don't have the mechanical skill to punish him. I told him that the higher we climb, that Talus won't work, so he needs to start looking at other champions that will stay with us as we climb. He argued and said that he can farm anyone with Talus. Well here's what happened. The higher we climbed, the more he got farmed because people had more awareness and they had the mechanical skill to punish him.

Bugzy is a very good player and he had clean gameplay overall. However, one tapping non tanks in .65s is simply not good balance at all. I think her ult needed a nerf and Steady Aim should only proct on body shots. Like her ult shots charge her normal time of 1.3s,, but does more damage like it does now. You can't just balance the game for low elo players who can't aim. You have to balance it for everyone. If you continue to balance around low elo players, then they aren't required to get better, and Veteran players can exploit. This is why we have no skill infinite barriers, no skill pockets, and the GM players who farm on flanks with a million pockets. The supports and tanks aren't required to get better and the GM flank mains exploit.

• @HeartQueen I don't know how it goes in higher ranks as ive only gotten to gold. Are you saying kinessa is running rampant in diamond-GM?

@HeartQueen I don't know how it goes in higher ranks as ive only gotten to gold. Are you saying kinessa is running rampant in diamond-GM?

Snipers in general are a huge problem in high elo lately. Especially since Frozen Guard and Frog Isle spawns 8/10 in ranked matches due to the visual reworks that they insist on advertising. I think the biggest issue with snipers is that there's very little counterplay to aim. When they're good at aiming, there are very few champions you can play to counter them. Kinessa even less so because she has vertical mobility with her teleport.

• @HeartQueen maybe counter with an off tank to flush them out to where they can get picked off.