A very quick post on Barik Balance

• PC

@Christlike said in A very quick post on Barik Balance:

Id like to see a barik guide.

Had one but people who clearly think they know more about a champ playing 50 games of them with worse stats than a 1900 match Barik main...

I might consider making one though since there's also a lot of people playing him like noobs. 🙂

• @Dusklicious im putting torrent health at 5 for archtonics and healing station. What do you think about that?

• PC

@Dusklicious im putting torrent health at 5 for archtonics and healing station. What do you think about that?

Turret health is not useful in a lot of situations since you'll have the turret up pretty often anyways. If I do use it it's usually filler. The turrets don't die all that often and 7 (about to be 8 seconds) is not all that long for them to survive if placed properly. Plus it doesn't play well with One Man's Scrap if you want to run that (cdr on turret being killed).

I don't personally use healing station, however I've heard of a synergy between healing station and field deploy where-in you get 280-ish healing/second as long as you're near at least one turret (max healing station, field deploy 4).

Loadout I'd probably use most of the time is something like this:

Brave and Bold 4
    Bowling Ball 4
    Failsafe 3
    Field Deploy 3
    One Man's Scrap 1

• @Dusklicious @Dusklicious ah yeah I can see health card. 4k is kind of low for a FL. I don't get bowling ball though. It seems like me a 500 or under health shield is peanuts. I guess it probably keep you alive after boosting out of a tight spot.

The reasoning for not using alloy makes sense but it doesn't seem like not too much of a bad thing to want them up longer rather than having be disposable.

Rest of the cards i get and will add them especially failsafe and one mans scrap.

• PC

@Dusklicious @Dusklicious ah yeah I can see health card. 4k is kind of low for a FL. I don't get bowling ball though. It seems like me a 500 or under health shield is peanuts. I guess it probably keep you alive after boosting out of a tight spot.

The reasoning for not using alloy makes sense but it doesn't seem like not too much of a bad thing to want them up longer rather than having be disposable.

Rest of the cards i get and will add them especially failsafe and one mans scrap.

Barik can do more than most tanks can with his healthpool, which makes the prospect of a Barik with 4600 or 4750 health pretty scary. Bowling Ball is actually pretty useful in tight spots, particularly when escaping. The shielding doesn't stack with Failsafe, but the duration does.

It's not, though the only issue that you end up with when you use too many ranks of it is that you will end up not investing into other cards which are usually more useful.

Scrap I use as more of a filler card most of the time, though in certain situations it's useful to have it high rank. Fortify it's pretty much standard to use high rank Scrap.

Failsafe is insanely strong and always has been, so I've always seen it as a must most of the time.

• I played with "brave and bold" V and Double Time V till now. It seems the most reliable combination because 750 more HP and Failsafe procs at higher HP, that means, I have a better chance to use my second rocket boots and thus get a second self-heal from Double Time.

His other good cards lack this synergy and are more situational. Bowling Bowl lasts only 3 seconds, is vulnerable to wrecker and doesn't help vs those "execute at 60% HP" skills. Healing station works only near a turret. One Man's Scrap I played quite some time and it can be very effective but it requires a certain playstyle, that could backfire with Barik's low health pool.

Now with his HP boost it's the time to try out other decks again, though I think the combination I mentioned first might still be the strongest. 4750HP that's more than Nando or Ash! O_O

• They should probably just make bowling ball a talent. But it would probably end up being picked all the time.

I would say Bowling ball a talent
    Bring back the old Tinkerton
    and Keep the shield talent

This way he can get more damage
    Better survival on rocket boots
    Better shield

But not any combination of the three.

Its always the shield on rocket boots that keeps him alive. Having two of them with the reset is just to much. Pretty sure that would fix him even with the 4000 health.

• @Shadowpuppy This would also free up allot of points for varied loadout options.

• @Dusklicious

Barik brings a lot of HP to the party, more if he has a reset engine going, so it difficult to understand why Barik had such push for such HP values to begin with.
    Without the overall armour composure, playstyle or need to stay in CQC the whole time.
    Why does he ideally need the 4k HP...

However I do value it on a fantasy creature balance aspect...
    Do we really consider dwarf to be weaker then a human in terms standing Endurance?
    No... Dwarfs are played by line holders by nature...
    So he does need something... the ability to grit teeth and dig in or bug out... Problem is he already has it with Shield Ball... Throwing it on his base kit would be in character as "a dwarf who has a solution to the problem" and complete the I have every shield in base kit archetype design niche.
    Considering other mobility abilities of Front Line class have utility like knocks and damage, it would be a good trade off to have Cover and Protection over Damage and Control...

So consider this power...
    Add BOWLING BALL to BASE KIT and SACRIFICE the MAX HP in order to do it.
    HP 3600 with a 600 HP SHIELD on ROCKET BOOTS that only last for the duration.

Using BOWLING BALL Card to Increase Duration (1-5s) after use.

FAILSAFE -
    ROCKET BOOTS CD is Decreased by (10/20/30/40/50%) the closer you are to %0HP
    Because FAILSAFE with BALL is a poke ability with its own CD.
    It can be frustrating as low dps with no utility burst to get through the double ball, wasting time to Spray and Pray a target that can endure your sustain damage for longer then need be.
    The mechanic needs to be altered somehow to be gradual buff under pressure and less of a spontaneous super power.

• PC

Addendum regarding Failsafe:

I think it could also use a future rework to something like this: Upon reaching 30% of your maximum health or lower, reset the cooldown of Rocket Boots. Internal CD- (55)- (5/5) seconds.

This would make people consider more if they want a few seconds off of Failsafe CD (rank 5 is IDENTICAL to rank 3 on live), or to invest it in another card. It's an overall nerf that makes it so you don't always have to run Failsafe rank 3 (or maybe rank 2 is OKAY as he is on live with 4750 max health, as 20% of that is still 950), and Failsafe past 3 is a complete waste.