Do you think Yagorath is broken and needs nerf?

• I'm going to be honest. She should never have been created as a champion. She is broken as fuck. What the fuck were they thinking when they made her? A better version of Raum with less weaknesses. Take in mind, Raum STILL had to get several nerfs!

• @D3L1R10U5 If you do not have one of her counters you are pretty screwed.

Right now you have people that dont know how to. play her and or every match has one of her counters. It a sad state when you have to have a select few to be able to. effectivly deal with one champion... Broken

Hard Counters

• Dredge
    • Grohk Shock Pulse
    • Furia Exterminate
    • Tyra Firebomb

Counters

• Bombking double stick talent
    • Drogoz fusilad with unexploded fire spit
    • Wilow seedling talent

You will also notice that its very specific not a champ but a champ. and specific play style that counters her. Dredge is the only one that just does it without cards and specific talent selections.

• PC

Not necessarily broken, but she does need a nerf, pretty badly.

Yagorath is one of those champions that, while she does have counterplay from verticality, range (as she has horrendous output both at range and in the air) and some other particular champs, is still a bit overtuned to the point she almost requires said counterplay to ever really die. Main things I'd hit are her DR and her roll speed, both cause her to be hard to kill without counters. The DR most in particular on that note, but the roll speed also makes her almost too good at supporting flanks.

IMO Yago changes needed:

• Maximum Health: 6500 ➡ 6000
    • Base Planted DR: 40% ➡ 30%
    • Harden added DR: 25% ➡ 20%
    • Maximum Movement Speed when rolling: 585 ➡ 500 (45 units/sec ➡ 38.46 units/sec)
    • Acceleration Speed: >80 units/sec ➡ 71.15 units/sec

If necessary, make the 10% damage amp on acid only apply to herself. Though if you did that we may want to do something about Unnatural Presence because that talent is pretty bad, as well as maybe buffing Sight Begets Strength because that talent is still not great (None of her talents are actually that good, but her base kit is nuts).

For a perspective on these changes and how they affect her durability:
    Roller: 6500 effective HP ➡ 6000 effective HP
    Planted: 10834 effective HP ➡ 8572 effective HP
    Planted + Harden: 18752 effective HP (That is not OK whatsoever) ➡ 12000 effective HP

She would still be VERY tanky but not unkillable anymore. Also she would get into backlines a LOT slower. Also, with the Acceleration nerf she would indeed be slower than Master Riding 3 while using it. On live she moves a WAYS faster than it. These nerfs account for also how broken she will be when Wrecker is finally properly buffed and no other tanks can compete with her, and if Rejuvenate gets buffed.

• @Shadowpuppy Not at all, I beat yag all the time without any of those. Max cauterize, and its only Furia that can heal Yag, and if she is there, then make her the priority target.yagbeat.jpg

• It sounds like many of you have not played as Yag much in pickup groups, Because without a decent team, Yag is just as dead as any other tank. Many people get intimidated about how much damage she can absorb, but if she is focused by two dps with full caut...dead quick

• @D3L1R10U5 said in Do you think Yagorath is broken and needs nerf?:

It sounds like many of you have not played as Yag much in pickup groups, Because without a descent team, Yag is just as dead as any other tank. Many people get intimidated about how much damage she can absorb, but if she is focused by two dps with full caut...dead quick

Are you aware of her winrates??? Screenshot_2021-02-22-13-44-02(1)_resized.png

I'm sorry, but Yagorath is broken bullshit that needs to be deleted. Screenshot (440).png

• @Shadowpuppy said in Do you think Yagorath is broken and needs nerf?:

@D3L1R10U5 If you do not have one of her counters you are pretty screwed.

Right now you have people that dont know how to. play her and or every match has one of her counters. It a sad state when you have to have a select few to be able to. effectivly deal with one champion... Broken

Hard Counters

• Dredge
    • Grohk Shock Pulse
    • Furia Exterminate
    • Tyra Firebomb

Counters

• Bombking double stick talent
    • Drogoz fusilad with unexploded fire spit
    • Wilow seedling talent

You will also notice that its very specific not a champ but a champ. and specific play style that counters her. Dredge is the only one that just does it without cards and specific talent selections.

Yagorath is bullshit. I posted her winrates in here, a screen shot. She is such fucking bullshit, it's disgusting.

• @HeartQueen said in Do you think Yagorath is broken and needs nerf?:

@D3L1R10U5 said in Do you think Yagorath is broken and needs nerf?:

It sounds like many of you have not played as Yag much in pickup groups, Because without a descent team, Yag is just as dead as any other tank. Many people get intimidated about how much damage she can absorb, but if she is focused by two dps with full caut...dead quick

Are you aware of her winrates???

How many pug(pickup groups) have you played with her? I hope you realize after a player plays yag without a good team a few times, they dont play her any more, and most yag players are in premades with at least 1 other.

• @HeartQueen please reply with how many pickup groups you have played with her

• @D3L1R10U5 I think by the nature of her kit she's very polarized. If she's not countered she's almost unstoppable and a pain to go against, but if she's countered (by one of the champions/talents above) she's unplayable and just a credit farm for those enemies. In both cases she's "broken" and needs to be adjusted.
    Imo, she needs her tankiness reduced as proposed above but her DR should stay active for 1s after form swapping, so that she can actually escape since her movement starts soooooo slowly (everyone who played with or against Yagorath knows that when she's under heavy fire if she swaps form by the time she moves an inch she's aready dead, it's a death sentence wether she stays or tries to run away).
    Other things that I think should be touched are her Acid Spray (which shouldn't leave Acid Pools through shields) and her Ultimate (which is useless at long range and op at close quarters).

• @SomeGuySomeWhere there are many champs that are way too OP, Yag is just another, following a motif

• @D3L1R10U5 I won't argue with that, unfortunately it's true.....

• @D3L1R10U5 said in Do you think Yagorath is broken and needs nerf?:

@SomeGuySomeWhere there are many champs that are way too OP, Yag is just another, following a motif

Faulty logic, but whatever.

@D3L1R10U5 said in Do you think Yagorath is broken and needs nerf?:

@SomeGuySomeWhere there are many champs that are way too OP, Yag is just another, following a motif

Faulty logic, but whatever.

Not at all, it is literally logical, a theme being followed

• @SomeGuySomeWhere said in Do you think Yagorath is broken and needs nerf?:

@D3L1R10U5 I think by the nature of her kit she's very polarized. If she's not countered she's almost unstoppable and a pain to go against, but if she's countered (by one of the champions/talents above) she's unplayable and just a credit farm for those enemies. In both cases she's "broken" and needs to be adjusted.
    Imo, she needs her tankiness reduced as proposed above but her DR should stay active for 1s after form swapping, so that she can actually escape since her movement starts soooooo slowly (everyone who played with or against Yagorath knows that when she's under heavy fire if she swaps form by the time she moves an inch she's aready dead, it's a death sentence wether she stays or tries to run away).
    Other things that I think should be touched are her Acid Spray (which shouldn't leave Acid Pools through shields) and her Ultimate (which is useless at long range and op at close quarters).

Yagorath simply doesn't belong as a playable champion in Paladins. She feels more like a pve boss rather than an actual champion. Like she would be good in a limited time pve event where a team of 5 has to take down a 30k hp Yagorath. I'd be limited time, and a break from the normal pvp modes. Like a lore event to celebrate the new season of Paladins.

@SomeGuySomeWhere said in Do you think Yagorath is broken and needs nerf?:

@D3L1R10U5 I think by the nature of her kit she's very polarized. If she's not countered she's almost unstoppable and a pain to go against, but if she's countered (by one of the champions/talents above) she's unplayable and just a credit farm for those enemies. In both cases she's "broken" and needs to be adjusted.

Yagorath simply doesn't belong as a playable champion in Paladins. She feels more like a pve boss rather than an actual champion. Like she would be good in a limited time pve event where a team of 5 has to take down a 30k hp Yagorath. I'd be limited time, and a break from the normal pvp modes. Like a lore event to celebrate the new season of Paladins.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and this is yours. Still waiting on an answer for my question(how many pick up games have you played with her(no need to be accurate, just a estimate))

• @D3L1R10U5 This is pretty stupid example. Without a team yag is easy to kill. Well good job Sherlock, you mean you need your only damage to do something to win a match, who knew that you cannot just sit on point to win matches.

If both teams are equal skill then you lose. The point fight.

• @D3L1R10U5 None of this maters, Yag is going to be nerfed.... Those win rates will cause Hi Rez to blow her up with nerfs so I would not get used to playing her now as she is already doomed. Seen it before.

@D3L1R10U5 This is pretty stupid example. Without a team yag is easy to kill. Well good job Sherlock, you mean you need your only damage to do something to win a match, who knew that you cannot just sit on point to win matches.

If both teams are equal skill then you lose. The point fight.

"stupid", now imagine being taken seriously when you can not engage without insults

@D3L1R10U5 None of this maters, Yag is going to be nerfed.... Those win rates will cause Hi Rez to blow her up with nerfs so I would not get used to playing her now as she is already doomed. Seen it before.

It does matter, if it din't, you would have not responded. I did not make any predictions, I was just making a post about how incredibly easy it is to kill yag