Character Concept: Zeera, The Soul-Torn

• Notice: I'm not very good at balancing so sorry if it seems a little too strong

Role: Support
    Health: 1800
    Speed: 375
    Race: Undead
    Faction: The Abyss
    Title: The Soul-Torn
    ─────────────────────────
    Lore: In a dark cavern within the village of Seris' ruins lived a necromancer who studied dark magic eagerly. She did this not for power, but for the support it utilized in which she could use to aid her friends without having to be involved directly in battle.

One night, the necromancer discovered the tomes needed to tap into the power of the Abyss. However, her friends mocked her when they heard of the young necromancer's discovery. They told her that she was only chasing a myth, that the ability she seeked to access wouldn't accept the control of someone as weak as her. The young necromancer, however, did not want to believe her friends and decided to go to the portal to the Abyss found within the village's ruins.

This was a fatal mistake. While attempting to link with the immense power of the portal, the Abyss swiftly claimed her. The necromancer's soul was torn from her body and her corpse reanimated by the power of the Abyssal Lords to do their bidding. Now the necromancer is no more but a pale figure of her past self, with a title that causes nothing but memories of spite and anger...

..."Zeera, the Soul-Torn"
    [Primary Attack - LMB] Shadow Shard (Direct Damage)

Launch a bolt of shadow energy forward every 0.4 seconds, dealing 200 damage and and additional 200 damage over 2 seconds. (Can be charged for 1.15 seconds to increase initial damage up to 650 and inflict slow)
    Details:

• 10 charges (ammo)
    • Fully charged attacks slow the target by 20% for 3 seconds
    • Reload duration of 0.7 seconds
    • DoT effect does not stack
    • Shadow Shard is a projectile

[Secondary Attack - RMB] Abyssal Call

Bind a beam of abyssal energy to an ally, healing them for 1500 HP over 2 seconds and giving them a 500 HP damage shield for 1 second.
    Details:

• Can be cancelled early by reactivating the skill
    • 5 second cooldown
    • Cancelling the skill early increases the cooldown by 1 second

[Special Skill - Q] Genesis

Mark an enemy with a runic symbol, increasing their damage received by 30% and dealing 800 points of true damage over 7.5 seconds.
    Details:

• 20 second cooldown
    • Effect ends if Zeera is killed
    • Zeera takes 15% increased damage while this skill is active

[Movement Skill - F] Sorcerer's Gale

Turn into a purple spirit and move 30% faster for 2 seconds. While in this form, become immune to damage.
    Details:

• Not immune to status effects while in this form
    • Cannot attack or use other skills while this skill is in use
    • Abyssal Call's effects are cancelled upon activation of this skill

[Ultimate Skill - E] Essence of the Void (Area Damage/CC)
    "Let the Abyss take you!" - [Enemy/Self audio cue]
    "They can't resist her song!" - [Ally audio cue]

Trigger a blast of abyssal energy in a 60-foot radius around you after a 1.2 second delay. The blast deals 1000 damage to any enemy caught in it and stuns them for 3 seconds.
    Details:

• The blast bypasses shields but does not destroy them
    • Stun time is affected by Resilience

[Talents]

• Void Shield - Abyssal Call now only heals for 750 HP over 2 seconds but now gives the target a 1000 HP damage shield for 3 seconds

• A New Beginning - Essence of the Void charges 30% faster but no longer stuns

• Forget-Me-Not - Shadow Shard now deals 550 damage every 0.3 seconds but can no longer be charged and no longer deals DoT

Why I made this: Among my time playing Paladins, I couldn't help but feel like the characters were identical. Obviously, they all have their unique playstyles and character development, but each class did the same job: "Damage", "Attack from behind", "Stay on the point and protect others", and "Heal".
    To me, this removes the customization in playstyles; it isn't really unique, you're just doing the same job by a different method. That is why I created Zeera! She's a support but, while she does heal still, her main feature is her wide range of CC and statuses that she can use to help her team win a major firefight. Her priority is to support by inflicting statuses and such on her opponents rather than healing teammates constantly.
    TL;DR - She adds more variety and customization to how a character can fit their class.

• @FastHeadcrab said in Character Concept: Zeera, The Soul-Torn:

Why I made this: Among my time playing Paladins, I couldn't help but feel like the characters were identical. Obviously, they all have their unique playstyles and character development, but each class did the same job: "Damage", "Attack from behind", "Stay on the point and protect others", and "Heal".
    To me, this removes the customization in playstyles; it isn't really unique, you're just doing the same job by a different method. That is why I created Zeera! She's a support but, while she does heal still, her main feature is her wide range of CC and statuses that she can use to help her team win a major firefight. Her priority is to support by inflicting statuses and such on her opponents rather than healing teammates constantly.
    TL;DR - She adds more variety and customization to how a character can fit their class.

Umm, I would disagree with that.

Let's look at just the Supports.

Ying is a very heal-centric Support.
    Jenos is a very active fighting Support, and a lot of his Support capabilities comes from his Luminary damage buff.
    Mal'Damba is the most well-rounded Support, with a variety of healing methods and CC.
    Pip is a Flank-focused Support, with a Slow and Burst heal that means he tries to overwhelm the opponent, rather than outsustain them.
    Furia is a Support with a focus on her Damage potential, especially through Wrath passive.

Yes, Supports often fit into the point of "You have the heals", but the way they do it and the other aspects of them are very different.

As for your concept here...

LMB is just a thing. LMBs in general aren't much, unless they have a special passive. This is serviceable.

RMB is a copy of Seris/Io, but slower and with a Shield.

Q is a copy of Tyra's Mark, but more broken.

F is a copy of Grohk's Ghost Walk, but without the benefit of Untargetability.

E isn't really a copy of anything, but it's pretty generic.

Plus, you fall into the trap of not being able to heal and deal damage at the same time, or heal multiple allies at the same time, which really hurts Supports.

• Most of what I would say about the abilities is covered by PWN but I still have something to say. I hope this doesn't sound overly harsh but... People really need to think about how truly unique their concept is before trying to say its different than the stuff in the game. This concept is rather generic and poorly balanced making it so that, regardless of quality or lack thereof, this concept is a failure based purely on what your goal was. Its fine to have a concept that's would feel similar to existing characters but you shouldn't go claiming that it is different.