Champion Concept: Cavira, The Sentinel's Assassin

• I have been wanting to change her title but i couldnt in the old forums so im thankful i can now. Well here it is. However the loadouts and lore are still WIPs cuz y'know school calls.

Role: Damage
    Health:2000
    Movement Speed:385

The Viper Gun LMB(direct damage):-
    Fire a semi-automatic action shotgun that fires 10 small pieces of shrapnel that deals upto 500 dmg every 0.45s at close range in a high spread.
    Details:-

• Has an ammo count of 8.
    • Has a progressive reload that can be interrupted to fire.
    • Has a 0.5s initial reload animation.
    • Cavira reloads the Viper Gun one bullet at a time in rapid succession, instead of all at once.
    • The more bullets used in the magazine, the longer it takes to fully reload.
    • The Viper Gun cannot be repeatedly fired by holding down the primary fire key; the key must be tapped individually.
    • Has a reload speed of +0.3 seconds per bullet.

Scope RMB(direct damage):-
    While scoped, your gun does 800 dmg every 0.8s at long range and Laser sight can be used.
    Details:-

• Has the same reload mechanic.
    • Unlike other snipers like Kinessa and Strix, Cavira does not lose vision of her surroundings while scoped which is a bit similar to Ashe from Overwatch.
    • Unlike Strix and Kinessa, Cavira does not fire tracers which reveal her firing angle.
    • Cavira's zoom is significantly lower than Strix and Kinessa.
    • Cavira's scoped dmg has no falloff.
    • While Scoped, her gun animation is Pump action unlike Strix.
    • Movement speed is reduced while scoped.

Cybernetic Eye(10s cooldown)/Laser Sight(8s cooldown) Q skill:-
    Cybernetic Eye fires a beam from your left eye that cripples targets for 1s and deal 15% more dmg to the affected player for 5s while scoped.
    Laser Sight emits a red lighting and if the Laser Sight meets in contact with a hitbox, Cavira will instantly fire without u having to do it yourself; Laser Sight will be turned off after used.

• Laser Sight can do headshot dmg if the laser sight meets in contact with the head hitbox.
    • Unscoping while Laser sight is active will cancel the ability and put it on a 3 second cooldown.
    • The Laser Sight is very visible to everyone.
    • Cybernetic Eye does not deal damage.
    • Cybernetic Eye is hitscan.
      *Cybernetic Eye does not reveal through walls like tyra.

Spawn Beacon(8s cooldown) F skill:-
    Fire a beacon that will teleport you to its location after 1.5s when you reactivate it;can be cancelled by pressing F again while being reactivated.

• You can fire your weapon but cant use your other abilities except for scope.

Red Light(Ultimate) E skill:-
    Laser Sight is activated; will not wear off on use, lasts 5s and your gun fires 25% faster for the duration while scoped.

• Will not affect the cooldown of laser sight if its already on cooldown.
      *Can only activated while scoped.
      *Cannot unscope while under the effects of the ultimate.
    • Replenishes your clip upon use.
    • Does not consume ammo.

Talents:-

• Come out:Players below 65% HP are revealed to you and hitting Headshots while scoped execute enemies at or below 1800 HP.
    • i-SPY: Cybernetic Eye now fires a glowing projectile that can attach to surfaces and reveals players to you in line of sight while increasing the dmg buff to 25%.
      Details:
      -No longer cripples.
    • Never Miss: Hitting shots while using laser sights slow the target by 20% for 3s and has 2 charges.
      Details:
      -The slow effect does not stack its bonus but resets its duration.
      -Her ultimate can benefit from the slow effect.

• So before saying anything, I'd like to ask you the same question I ask about every Champion Concept I see.

Why did you make this? What does it bring to Paladins that gives it a unique playstyle compared to the rest of the cast?

• @PWNDotcom I made the concept cuz i wanted to make comps like 3 dps or especially double supports a viable team comp over double tanks and to give their dmg playstyles a good spot in ranked. If double supps or a 2 dmg dealer is the comp you are running in ranked, then Come out is the talent for you. Cavira will then act as a long range flanker picking people off poked by your dmg dealers or dmg supports. with a nice headshot. If you are the only dmg dealer, then i-SPY is good. It gives you alot dmg output and enable flankers to their jobs perfectly without bursting them completely thanks to cavira's incredibly high dmg fall off at long range(fall off starts at mid range) as thats how flankers are supposed to work (as finishers). If you are looking for a bit of utility in your kit then Never Miss would be a nice pick. And now i dont know what this talent serves to a team fight yet so maybe ill rework it later or think of what its uses are compared to her other talents. And personally i wanted to make a champion that really has different playstyles and synergise incredibly well with specific champions like jenos, imani(One shot rooted players with Come out) etc. Other than that, i wanted comps other than double tanks viable or atleast a champion that makes it possible and give the underrated talents a better pick rate in competitive and not just casual.

• So... Here's the problem with your goal. The character is a sniper (but rather than needing skill like other snipers, you just activate a triggerbot. Really, the hitboxes are generous enough that you don't need that) and thus you really are only going to see them on a few maps. And I don't expect them to have that much of an effect on team composition, as you said. Team Composition is based more around the map and the choice of Front Lines/Supports (Front Lines and Supports generally have the greatest effect on the game due to their control over the flow of battle, and will affect everyone's playstyle the most). 3 DPS works when you have someone like Barik who has more area control than the others, or Jenos with his damage bonus, Champions who can allow you to draft higher mobility Damages, giving them extra freedom.

I have to be honest, I don't like this Champion. They feel like just a different kind of Kinessa, but with a triggerbot instead of skill.

• @PWNDotcom said in Champion Concept: Cavira, The Sentinel's Assassin:

So... Here's the problem with your goal. The character is a sniper (but rather than needing skill like other snipers, you just activate a triggerbot. Really, the hitboxes are generous enough that you don't need that) and thus you really are only going to see them on a few maps. And I don't expect them to have that much of an effect on team composition, as you said. Team Composition is based more around the map and the choice of Front Lines/Supports (Front Lines and Supports generally have the greatest effect on the game due to their control over the flow of battle, and will affect everyone's playstyle the most). 3 DPS works when you have someone like Barik who has more area control than the others, or Jenos with his damage bonus, Champions who can allow you to draft higher mobility Damages, giving them extra freedom.

I have to be honest, I don't like this Champion. They feel like just a different kind of Kinessa, but with a triggerbot instead of skill.

Theres nothing bad about having a triggerbot skill. What matters more is if the characters balanced or not unlike lian who needs nerfs. Her 'triggerbot' skill is on a 5s cooldown and it's rather aim assist and not fully aim bot unlike lian(lian also takes skill a bit with her q and weapon). Yes snipers aren't seen much often and are only seen in best maps. But that doesn't mean they are bad. Players just don't want to pick high skill champs when they can have lian. Evie is a good example. The one and only reason I added later sight is so that she can't be countered by specific champs like evie or get out zoned or pressured by mobile champs easily. Cavira has a lot to offer to a team fight. Her cybernetic eye is specifically designed to prevent escapes, cancel or possibly put the enemies escape on cooldown right when they cast the escape ability. Denying the escape of supps and tanks is game changing on it's own. Well, I answered your previous question so I'd appreciate feedback on the champs abilities and role a bit more, rather than half of it being on the reason I posted this concept cuz I rlly want to iron her balance in the game if she ever were to get added to the game.

• "Her 'triggerbot' skill is on a 5s cooldown and it's rather aim assist and not fully aim bot unlike lian"

You misunderstand what a triggerbot is. A triggerbot is a type of hack that fires for you when your crosshair is over an enemy, not an aimbot. Lian's aimbot also only deals 400 damage, not 1000+headshot potential. In fact, it probably takes less skill, since all you have to do is activate Laser Sight and then wildly shake your aim over an enemy to deal damage, don't even have to press the fire button.

"The one and only reason I added later sight is so that she can't be countered by specific champs like evie or get out zoned or pressured by mobile champs easily. "

That's a bad reason. Cavira is a sniper, and as such she's designed to be more susceptible to the high mobility Flanks. Strix is already annoyingly good at dealing with Flanks because of his huge burst, there doesn't need to be another Sniper that punishes Flanks for just existing or doing their job properly.

"I rlly want to iron her balance in the game if she ever were to get added to the game."

She won't be. No Champion Concept is ever going to be added to the game. The best you can hope for is to have a really interesting and unique idea, which might get read and might inspire someone to make something similar. If you're making a Champion Concept because you think it will be added to the game, you're going to be very, very disappointed.

The most important part of a Champion Concept isn't balance, because in all honesty you cannot tell how balanced a Champion will really be until they are played. Rather, the Conceptual part is the most important, as it is a Concept. The exact numbers won't stick with someone and make them think "man, I really like these ideas", it's the actual ideas that will.

• Reduce the scope damage to 800, every 0.8 perhaps.
    Potential 8k damage a magazine with hitscan security is too much. Most blasters bearly get 6k per magazine.
    Shaving off 200 damage would reduce its potential to 6600.

The ability to two shot squishy people within 2s is a bit disgusting don't you think. Especially when an aim assisted attack does half a champions HP with few counters.

How do you dive something that can 2 shot you that fast, combined with a cripple is too much overkill dueling potential for 1v1s

A cripple draws the fight out, giving a potential another free shot anyway, work with that I say.

If the scope damage was reduced to 800 you could easily make the cripple part of the lazer sight effect without the need for a damage amp. A hitscan cripple will do better at hindering mobility then a projectile in a damage sense (how do you have a projectile lazer... lazers are instant). Besides since you are using the lazer for utility sake here it is a fair game excuse to throw a 4s reveal after the lazer cripple, this would combo with the reposition of the tele beacon.

Cause 800 damage + 1s cripple + 4s reveal... sounds worthy when you combine it with a few follow up auto attacks and you have the ability to reposition to get at them.

I'm not sure the damage amp is needed after the cripple when your damage is strong enough to end a foe in a few shots the way it ia currently designed.

Playing around with the idea of cybernetic sight, you can play with reveal utility abilities all you want in base kit over talent options.

The talent that allows for free reveals depending on champ hp though is a bit much, gaining free information on foes you do nothing to is not a well designed talent and is piggybacking off of talus talent but with head shot kills at hp threshold... which kills bruised champs instantly.... dude too much.

The I spy just gives you an uncounterable strix flare that provides a big damage buff. 1000 damage shots with %25 additional damage plus reveal and headshot damage makes the rifle do more damage then snipers...

And the talent for 2 charges of aim assisted 1000 damage.... man wtf... that is too easy... you already get 2 per magazine with your fire rate and lazer sight CD... having 3 in a singe fire fight.. egh no...

These are not very well desiged talents Imo, they feel a bit last second, the current champion concept is iffy to be. Ideas need to be nailed down.

• This post is deleted!

• @PWNDotcom @PWNDotcom I'm not making it cuz I think it will be added. And the job of flanks is to finish people rather than kill them full. Strix can be easily killed when he is low which is when flanks should strike. If all snipers had issues with high mobile flanks then they would both be pretty similar. That's all I have to say for now cuz my computer is being upgraded and I accidentally replied half of my reply on the post.

• @AYYDIMITRI said in Champion Concept: Cavira, The Sentinel's Assassin:

Reduce the scope damage to 800, every 0.8 perhaps.
    Potential 8k damage a magazine with hitscan security is too much. Most blasters bearly get 6k per magazine.
    Shaving off 200 damage would reduce its potential to 6600.

The ability to two shot squishy people within 2s is a bit disgusting don't you think. Especially when an aim assisted attack does half a champions HP with few counters.

How do you dive something that can 2 shot you that fast, combined with a cripple is too much overkill dueling potential for 1v1s

A cripple draws the fight out, giving a potential another free shot anyway, work with that I say.

If the scope damage was reduced to 800 you could easily make the cripple part of the lazer sight effect without the need for a damage amp. A hitscan cripple will do better at hindering mobility then a projectile in a damage sense (how do you have a projectile lazer... lazers are instant). Besides since you are using the lazer for utility sake here it is a fair game excuse to throw a 4s reveal after the lazer cripple, this would combo with the reposition of the tele beacon.

Cause 800 damage + 1s cripple + 4s reveal... sounds worthy when you combine it with a few follow up auto attacks and you have the ability to reposition to get at them.

I'm not sure the damage amp is needed after the cripple when your damage is strong enough to end a foe in a few shots the way it ia currently designed.

Playing around with the idea of cybernetic sight, you can play with reveal utility abilities all you want in base kit over talent options.

The talent that allows for free reveals depending on champ hp though is a bit much, gaining free information on foes you do nothing to is not a well designed talent and is piggybacking off of talus talent but with head shot kills at hp threshold... which kills bruised champs instantly.... dude too much.

The I spy just gives you an uncounterable strix flare that provides a big damage buff. 1000 damage shots with %25 additional damage plus reveal and headshot damage makes the rifle do more damage then snipers...

And the talent for 2 charges of aim assisted 1000 damage.... man wtf... that is too easy... you already get 2 per magazine with your fire rate and lazer sight CD... having 3 in a singe fire fight.. egh no...

These are not very well desiged talents Imo, they feel a bit last second, the current champion concept is iffy to be. Ideas need to be nailed down.

Fine I guess I could decrease the dmg later while giving a fire rate increase. And all snipers can 1 shot ppl at evie's health bar so its balanced imo. I mentioned that she has falloff at mid range that scales pretty high at long range so i guess I'll let the gun ignore falloff. The gun has a complex reload mechanic which needs to be managed so u can't burst people that often. Both snipers have fairly high skill ceiling with strix being over rewarding. It would give people a more noob friendly experience as well if they struggle a bit with aim. Her laser seems situational anyway so I'll maybe nerf the cooldown. her i-spy projectile is glowing making it very visible so it can be just shot down. Her talents are supposed to have a variety of playstyles so I'd say the reveal of come out is ok cuz it would give her a flank style of play.