why I don't play casual

• @TangAce I'm from AUS and play with cross-play on. Sometimes I'll get console players that are pretty trash but I rarely get bots. Is this just an occurrence on EU servers?

• Bots are caused rage quitters which are caused by bad matchmaking which are caused by parties farming solo players. This is why casual is trash. No one will listen to me though until the game is dead.

• Maybe you can try other regions, my experience in casual EU & SEA seems to be good almost all match has FL/Supp. The levels are still screw up tho...

• PC

@OrangeGirl said in why I don't play casual:

Bots are caused rage quitters which are caused by bad matchmaking which are caused by parties farming solo players. This is why casual is trash. No one will listen to me though until the game is dead.

MM can't know if a player is going to be a selfish pig or not. You go into a match and the team comp is good but still missing support - last person (aka selfish pig) decides to go DPS. When you look up the match that pig player has an account level of 200+. My casual experience is relatively good. Yeah I get wacky team comps, occasional bots,quitters etc but for the most part it's pretty good. TangAce seems to have exceptionally bad luck though.

• @DaddyOoker i don't know if you're implying that I'm one of those "selfish pigs" who don't fill roles which you think cause bad games.

Team comp only matters when the teams have relatively equal skill levels. But when you play against a 5 stack of players of equal or greater combined skill, you are gauranteed to lose no matter what comp either side plays with.

• PC

@OrangeGirl

Never played with you that I know of so no, not implying anything.

Just saying MM can't know if there will be a pig or who the pig(s) will be. It's not fair to blame every problem on the MM.

• @DaddyOoker
    I'm not blaming mm, I am blaming parties. Parties ruin mm becauase mm cannot deal with parties

• PC

@OrangeGirl

You get no argument from me that the MM has it's issues - party or not.

I hate quitters. A person who quits for losing the first point is the worst. These people are more likely to be solo but not always. I had one the other day - we had support, front and 3 damage - person quits when we lose first point. Sometimes it takes a point loss or two before the team can adapt to each other. Happens all the time. We had a perfectly viable team comp yet the pig quits so we lose.

No MM can deal with this garbage.

• PC

how to win in casual? party up with lvl 30ish and farm enemy team, did that, got 52kda boys, 64 kill streak
    and now I simply win cause I play in trash games lol

All we ask for in casuals when my friends and I play, is just ONE game without an enemy Lian. She's so overused now in everything, just a single game without her would mean so much. ._.

• Casual is filled with bots and 5 stacks. There's no way to enjoy it. Next year, this game will be the next realm royale with the only human players being twitch streamers farming bots and thinking they are good. Another successful psychological experiment by hi-rez.

• PC

Casual match last night. I'm the IO. No bots at all and a pretty fair matchup.
    https://paladins.guru/match/censored/3qHbN66Rw
    I get flamed by the Makoa for messing up an ult. Someone else tells him to shutup. People need to be a little more respectful of others.

• PC

@TangAce said in why I don't play casual:

how to win in casual? party up with lvl 30ish and farm enemy team, did that, got 52kda boys, 64 kill streak

The other party on your team was my prior ranked friends 🙂
    The Jenos was (maybe still is) a support main. He can bring a rock to life.

• @TangAce said in why I don't play casual:

Question is, why would you want to win in casual? It's like playing soccer with the guys from my neighborhood. Winning is not the first motivation. It's playing for fun.

• PC

@M3RC3N4RI0
    If you always lose then your casual ELO goes to shit. Then you will be playing with some of the worst players. At that point training matches would be better for practice.

Winning always feels better than losing. If you're in a party don't you think you and your friend would feel like you're having more fun if you actually win?

• PC

@M3RC3N4RI0
    it's not even that I want to win, even if I win I don't like it since it's too easy
    I'm complaining not about losing, but about having 90% of my games being 4-0 unbalanced matches without any interest
    if I play casual it's either to warmup or to xp a champ, or to train a champ that I haven't played in a while, or sometimes just to play with people
    but you can't possibly warmup or anything if the game is so unbalanced that you either stomp on enemy team or just gotta wait in spawn cause it's 1v5 since your team is full lvl 15 vs full lvl 200

so yeah I decided to play like a tryhard in casual to raise to a decent elo

anyway I really think having 40% winrate in all casual queues shouldn't be possible when you play good

• PC

new reason not to play casual
    every game there is a srtix in enemy team, then there are torvs and koas everywhere too, so yeah I'm done with casual, just seeing so many strix gives me cancer, can't they simply remove strix from the game already?

• PC

@TangAce said in why I don't play casual:

new reason not to play casual
    every game there is a srtix in enemy team, then there are torvs and koas everywhere too, so yeah I'm done with casual, just seeing so many strix gives me cancer, can't they simply remove strix from the game already?

They can't simply remove Strix. They have to "fix" him or they would have to remove Kinessa too. There can't be just one sniper.

• @DaddyOoker said in why I don't play casual:

There can't be just one sniper.

Why not? I rank one can ban him and in casual both teams can play him so why not?

• PC

@M3RC3N4RI0 said in why I don't play casual:

@DaddyOoker said in why I don't play casual:

There can't be just one sniper.

Why not? I rank one can ban him and in casual both teams can play him so why not?

OK, technically you're right, you could have just one sniper.

For ranked it changes the ban strategy. If I wanted to try to get a sniper on my team for say Fish market, It would be much more difficult to do so since enemy only has to ban one sniper. Too easy to eliminate the sniper class.

Besides, people have paid for skins and such - no way he is going to be removed. How hard is it to come up with a solution? I already know the answer.. Design by committee.