Option to disable skins?

• There are people (myself included) that do not like the vast majority of skins. Given that there are people who do enjoy them and have payed for them a good compromise would be an option to disable the ability to see them in game.

• Personally, and I may be the only person who believes this, I think this is a bad idea. And the reason is quite simple. People work hard, play hard and maybe even spend money to have skins that represent their personalities or how they feel at the moment. Basically, they want to be seen or recognized by others. Additionally, they want to be able to personalize and customize thrir characters so that tbey do not look like eveyone else's characters. Not having this, or disabling the ability for others to see their differnt skins, would make the skins valueless and a waste of time and money. Why would anyone work or pay for a skin that no one else can see?

Lastly, our skins also represent our advancement and accomplishments. They can mean our success and progress. And skins may attract new players and can be the reason for some of us to keep playing.

I like some of the skins I that have and I want people to notice and remember my paladins.

• @Spookseus said in Option to disable skins?:

There are people (myself included) that do not like the vast majority of skins.

Even worse, the skins are so weird meanwhile that it's sometimes hard to tell which champion it is. The blonde chick with playboy bunny dress doesn't look like Seris. Tyra has a dress with wings that makes her look like Furia.

@Conrad_Max said in Option to disable skins?:

Personally, and I may be the only person who believes this, I think this is a bad idea. And thbe reason is quite simple. People work hard, play hard snd maybe even spend money to have skins that represent their personalities or how they feel at the moment.

But they have no way to tell how the others see them, so nothing would change for them.

• @M3RC3N4RI0 said in Option to disable skins?:

But they have no way to tell how the others see them, so nothing would change for them.

What? People have mentioned and even complimented me on my skin(s). Some have said that they remembered me using the skin(s) before. Clearly they can see the skin(s) that I use.

• PC

anyway if you disable the skin, what happens to the voicepack? don't you think it's very handy to hear voicepack instead of basic announcer? or that skins voicepack are way better than default ones? or how could you understand people having fun with voicepacks if you don't hear the same thing as they do?
    it's just a bad idea overall (plus I use some skins just for their wonderful bugs, like the madame seris which lacks sound on shadow travel lmao)

• @Conrad_Max said in Option to disable skins?:

What? People have mentioned and even complimented me on my skin(s). Some have said that they remembered me using the skin(s) before. Clearly they can see the skin(s) that I use.

Some of them. But you cannot know if some use a secret mod to see only standard skins.

@TangAce said in Option to disable skins?:

anyway if you disable the skin, what happens to the voicepack? don't you think it's very handy to hear voicepack instead of basic announcer? or that skins voicepack are way better than default ones?

Then do not disable it. It would be your decision after all. If you like skins and voicepacks keep them on and if not turn them off.

• @M3RC3N4RI0

Oh my God.

• @Conrad_Max The people who own skins are likely to keep the option to see them on, so that entire chunk of players who like/own/are indifferent to skins can still see them while people who don't like skins either aesthetically or feel they interfere with the character silhouettes can choose not to look at them; its not like everyone will disable them. This option really hurts no one unless you are someone who equips skins just to irritate people, which I don't think anyone is.

• My last entry into this conversation.

With all of the alleged technical issues with this game, do we really want to risk adding more to it? Why complicate our favorite game even more?

Ten-four, Eleanor. Over and out.