How to Seris

• PC

@TTraw
    okay just tell me at what elo you are playing? cause finishing kills as a support is good, helping your team making even more pressure is good

I explained why I'm using SF 4 along with SL 2, if you can't understand how good it is it's not my fault

breaking caut with your escape is pretty good, you always have your escape ready if you heal properly, you don't need it that much if you are positioning properly

did I say to rush enemy back alone to get a kill? nah, but you can most of the time finish kills without putting you in a very bad position, especially if it's the enemy flank who came alone to kill you and is retreating alone, you can just rush him to finish him
    anyway you have 3k hp, you can be in a not so good position without too much problems

your talking about a 14sec cooldown, but you forget that you have a card reducing the cooldown, if you're good you should have it on a 7sec cooldown easily

earring shadow travel, yeah before it was easy, but now it's not as loud as it was, and half seris skins are bugged and don't have sound on it anyway
    using your ult like that is the best way to not fail it, because the enemy won't expect it, meaning you will be behind their shields and you will probably get more people in your ult, also you'll have a better view so you'll place your ult in a better position
    it's like the only way to almost never fail this ult
    coming back to shadow travel, if you ain't dumb you ain't gonna get close to someone so they can track you, just stay sneaky, you have increased speed so you can stay far from them even if it's a longer route

I have some hours on Seris, not my most played, yet I have thousands of hours overall in this game, and if you play seris like any lambda person, she's unusable at high elo, however I manage to play it anyway, I will have lower healing than an other seris, probably, yet my 150k heal 150k damage will do more than my job

by the way, rend soul is the best way to heal yourself, waiting out of combat is an option, but it means you ain't doing damage for that time

also in most cases, if an enemy is flanking alone, he'll just die and you won't even have to use shadow travel, cause well you are supposed to have a team, you have 3k hp, you have damage high enough to kill him, and you can heal yourself
    like instead of using shadow travel to flee from that flank, you use it to clean caut, heal yourself and kill said flank
    and if the flank isn't alone it means 1 or 2 of your teammates are dead already and that you should just flee or die

• @TangAce said in How to Seris:

@TTraw
    okay just tell me at what elo you are playing? cause finishing kills as a support is good, helping your team making even more pressure is good

Finishing kills is not bad, but your guide makes it sound like you need to chase people around, please reword it, this is a newbie guide after all.

I explained why I'm using SF 4 along with SL 2, if you can't understand how good it is it's not my fault

With SF 5 you can shoot 5 times between heals, and one heal even without mortal reach will give you 6 ammo on cast just on SL 1. So you're getting the same effect, but also get more healing CD reduction on top of that. This is a bad card optimization on your part.

breaking caut with your escape is pretty good, you always have your escape ready if you heal properly, you don't need it that much if you are positioning properly

Breaking caut is nice, but since you didn't talk about the ability in depth at all, your way of wording can propose that F into Q is your stable go-to combo. Which is almost never optimal.

did I say to rush enemy back alone to get a kill? nah, but you can most of the time finish kills without putting you in a very bad position, especially if it's the enemy flank who came alone to kill you and is retreating alone, you can just rush him to finish him

Your wording make it sound like that, this is a newbie guide, so people may get bad suggestions.

your talking about a 14sec cooldown, but you forget that you have a card reducing the cooldown, if you're good you should have it on a 7sec cooldown easily

Which is the first F card you remove from the deck once you get better at using Seris to take more important cards for your team.

earring shadow travel, yeah before it was easy, but now it's not as loud as it was, and half seris skins are bugged and don't have sound on it anyway

I use default skin, as most newbies will do, and it's pretty loud. Your argument of "other skins are bugged" is really inappropriate for a newcomer's guide...

using your ult like that is the best way to not fail it, because the enemy won't expect it, meaning you will be behind their shields and you will probably get more people in your ult, also you'll have a better view so you'll place your ult in a better position
    it's like the only way to almost never fail this ult

Whether you ult from enemy back or front doesn't really matter, shooting from your backline can be as unpredictable if you know when enemy team goes on aggro. except shotting from backline is also safer...

I have some hours on Seris, not my most played, yet I have thousands of hours overall in this game, and if you play seris like any lambda person, she's unusable at high elo, however I manage to play it anyway, I will have lower healing than an other seris, probably, yet my 150k heal 150k damage will do more than my job

Wonderful. If we're showing off stats, then my fav stat of all time for me was ~130k dmg and 220k healing.

by the way, rend soul is the best way to heal yourself, waiting out of combat is an option, but it means you ain't doing damage for that time

Which is why you want to replace cards that buff your F for cards like self healing on right click, move speed on stack, etc, so that "out of combat doing onthing" never happens.

Anyway, reading your response motivated me enough to make my own guide for her character. If you don't mind that.

I just need to know if 1. there's any character limit and 2. if I can post multiple images, gifs and videos.

• PC

@TTraw

so you'd rather heal someone with 90% caut than damaging? like really what's the point of a 2sec cd if it doesn't heal, yeah you can do what you say, but 99% of the time I won't use that 0.5sec you gain simply because the whole team is under caut

F into Q is my go to combo, I always use it if I need healing, only is I don't have rend soul available I'm gonna wait passive healing if I'm really low, If I'm like 2k hp I'm just gonna wait rend soul, of course not having caut on me is always better, but sometimes you have to shadow if you are in a fight or about to die just to be able to heal yourself

you shouldn't remove said card, it is the best fill up card possible, using it at 5 points is indeed a waste, but 1-2 point gives so much value for a fill up card, you get shadow available every 2 heal, considering cd, heal cd, heal duration and the card itself, you don't need more than this and you can use shadow more often

enemy going aggro? yeah I assume you're on lower elo, if the enemy can go aggro it means your team lost 1 or 2 people already and so you ain't gonna ult in a 3v5 really, ulting from backline is the best way to waste it

not showing stats, I was showing my average stats for a 15min game, my best stats is around 300k dmg for 200k heal in 20min ish, with a total garbage team since I lost this game with every single top stats in the match (except obj since we lost)

self healing when you heal is so bad, it's just slow, you have 3k hp, it's just a waste in cards, rend soul full heal me every 10sec or so, while this card would full heal me every 15-20sec considering I don't have caut on me, the bigger difference is in the fact that one is a burst heal you can use after shadow travel while the other is just passive healing, I never need that card, like never, it's 3-5 points wasted in something very inefficient

I don't really mind but I feel like it gonna end up as a worse version of this one
    there is a limit and you can post multiple images and stuff

have you ever tried my stuff here? of course you need some game knowledge
    also it's not really a beginner guide, it's rather advanced, I want people to go from bot healing seris to op seris, and it requires some knowledge such as cd and timing, like if for exemple you see nando ulting, you gotta know the timing for your own ult after his, no newbie would be able to play like that, you gotta know positioning and stuff, like where you can extend at max without dying and so on

• @TangAce That 0.5 sec cd allows you to go to other, more important target faster. That's the point of going lvl 5. Her healing output is fine even with SF 3.

Anyway, thanks for advices and information. Is there a limit on how many gifs/images I can post?

• PC

@TangAce When I play everyone is under some level of caut for almost the entire match.

In the case of Seris there is the possibility the teammate will get off caut for a little bit during the heal cycle which you would likely miss out on if you had waited to start the cycle - This part is what makes Mortal Reach preferred for heal bot style. More chance of getting a decent heal in there.

With supports that are burst heal in nature then the heal timing becomes more important.

• PC

@DaddyOoker

true that Seris isn't burst, but if one doesn't have caut, 1sec is enough to full life damage and tanks if the later has rejuv, during afight, the moment I see someone without caut I would heal him if possible, until caut is applied again, mostly they have to clean caut for 1-2sec, which isn't hard, mortal reach isn't bad, but in the end it brings nothing more to seris, you become a bot heal who will lose when enemy team reach caut 3, seriously, do you see many Seris wining late game?

Seris is considered bad, because of the way she's played by 99% of the playerbase, so probably it means bot healing simply doesn't work with her (with any support actually), if you look at stats she has the lowest winrate in higher elo, so one can assume it doesn't work, that's why I'm trying to bring something else to the table, to show that she can be played in a different way that does help to win

• PC

@TangAce

No arguing that healing when they aren't under caut is the most efficient. I find it's just not realistic to expect it.

Combining my two accounts to get more samples, I have an average match time of around 12 minutes for my 35 ranked Seris matches. 68% win rate. I'm 99% certain that all those matches are with Mortal Reach.

Some of those wins are longer matches where multiple enemies had caut 3 online - I'm sure I'm not the only one. Some of the losses are for short matches. I can't say with any definitive proof if it would have been easier or harder with another talent for those longer matches. Strictly speaking for my tier... Most matches, a decent team is going to win before many enemies can get enough credits for caut 3 anyway.

I can't say why she doesn't work well in high tiers but I would venture a guess that it's the slow traveling orbs. When I play SC, I normally don't do all that much more damage than I do with MR. Higher health is a definite plus. It's only when I have potato enemies that I notice a significant difference - because I can hit them easily.

Not trying to discourage alternatives - just giving my input.

• What is a healbot?

• This thread is over A YEAR old.

Damn, I was so obnoxious here.

Also @Christlike healbot means all you do is heal and nothing else.

• @TTraw Oh. Well I play a lot of Seris and if im going mortal reach my main priority are heals. I think I could be considered healbotish at times but her heal is a 2 second cool down lol. And hits the whole group.. Soul collector is when I want to rekt it.

I Really do think that that's a bad explanation for a strategy. The OP wasnt really making the point it seemed that healboting is inefficient but that being perceived as one is bad... I get you want to lay spread coverage with healing Seris. Why I run Soul leech 2. But I also run Soul forge 5 and heal without excuse or hesitation as much as I can.

I think also soul forge might have been different when this guide was made.

• @Christlike said in How to Seris:

Soul forge 5

Don't use Soul Forge. It only adds 3units aoe range per level, making it one of least effective cards in her arsenal.

I am eagerly waiting for this thread to be locked due to 1 year necro lol.

• @TTraw every thread in this forum is at least a year old.

• @Christlike I mean this one is cleeaaarly outdated. Seris got tons of changes in Season 3 which this thread doesn't account for. If you wanna learn sth then go to mine instead, I tend to update it quite regularly.