Any suggestions on how to buff the flank class?

• I'm not a dev or anyone apart of Hi-Rez or EM but I would like to see what the rest of the community thinks need to be changed to make flanks viable in the meta!

All comments and suggestions are appreciated! ☺ 👍

• PC

My suggestions for each flank:

Androxus:

• His base weapon should get Cursed Revolver's properties.
    • Cursed Revolver should instead become Dark Stalker before they changed it and ultimately removed it. When it used to make his dash have a charge-based system on a cooldown of maybe 3 seconds per dash.

Buck:

• Increase max health from 2300 to 2500.
    • Increase attack speed from once per second to once per .8.
    • Reduce Heroic Leap's cooldown from 10 seconds to 9 seconds.
    • Remove the max health gain on Bulk Up. Instead also grant Buck 20% Damage Reduction while using Recovery.

Evie:

• Increase Ice Staff's drop-off, but also increase the projectile speed.
    • Reduce Wormhole's timer from 4s to 3s.

Koga:

• Possibly decrease his SMG's dropoff slightly around medium range.
    • Increase Blood Reaper's damage from 115% max health to 125% max health.

Lex:

• Reduce the cooldown of Retribution from 30s to 25s.

Maeve:

• Grant Maeve 20% increased damage to enemies affected by Midnight.
    • Decrease Cat Burglar's damage boost from 30% to 25%.
    • Decrease the damage of each of her Daggers from 400 to 375.

Moji:

• Decrease her collision size to fit with the champion's model (it still doesn't).
    • Literally double the size of her ult's collision radius.
    • Increase Familiar Spit's damage from 100 to 400. Color indicator should work.
    • Rework her Magic Mark interaction with Spit. Each Mark could make Spit deal increased damage. 1 Mark- 410. 2 Marks- 420. 3 Marks- 430. 4 Marks- 440. 5 Marks- 450. 6 Marks- 475. 7 Marks- 500. 8 Marks- 550. 9 Marks- 600 10 Marks- 800. I disagree a lot with the change she got to her marks.

Skye:

• Revert the Smoke and Dagger rework.
    • Debilitate should not increase the speed at which the targets take the Poison Bolts damage. But increase the damage boost from 25% to 30%.
    • Reduce Hidden's stealth duration to 5s, but make it also grant 25% increased movement speed while active.
    • Revert the change to Smoke Cloud.

Talus:

• Reduce the duration before Rune of Travel would teleport back from 10s to 8s, and reduce the cooldown from 15s to 12s.
    • Faustian Bargain could also decrease the amount of time you can activate the teleport from 8s to 6s.
    • Decrease Nothing Personal's reveal percent from 65% max health to 60% max health, but increase the ult charge boost from 15% to 20%.

Zhin:

• Rename Guillotine to Blade's Edge. Should no longer deals 100% max health damage to the target with Zhin's ultimate. Instead, could deal an additional 50% max health in true damage over 2.5 seconds. Increase ult charge rate boost from 15% to 25%.

This of course should be combined with buffs for other classes for a more complete picture of what I'd want done balancing-wise, but this is just the flank portion of it. Flank is by and far my least played class, of the bunch I only really have played Koga and Androxus for any substantial length of time. These are sort of guesses based on where I think they are in the meta and how they maybe could be adjusted to put them in a somewhat balanced state.

• A small buff to all of their mobility/base move speed (ESPECIALLY moji)

wouldn't hurt

• I love basically everything that you've written but there would be a few things that I would tweak.

Increase Blood Reaper's damage from 115% max health to 125% max health.

Instead of buffing the damage, making the ultimate slow or even cripple enemies will allow it to be more effective.

Decrease Cat Burglar's damage boost from 30% to 25%.
    Decrease the damage of each of her Daggers from 400 to 375.

I believe it should be one or the other here as applying both these nerfs will really hurt maeve.

Literally double the size of her ult's collision radius.

Along with this change, I would give her a slight movement speed buff so she doesn't have to waste her scamper to try and reach the enemy, also the ult should activate if they jump over her as it is impossible for moji to get them if they do.

These are just my opinions, although I play alot of flanks I am by no means a pro at them.

Thanks for reading!

• PC

mmmmmh, buff mobility, rework koga and skye, turn moji into a tank, buck heal should be instant instead of that super long duration, most of the time you'd just die while using it, andro needs reversal fixed and more poke damage along with buff to his dashes, cat burglar should be reworked to prevent that insane damage burst

anyway flanks are hopeless, the only balanced one is evie and maybe zhin

and the main problem about flanks is surely the fact that damage like cassie/lian/bk still exist and ain't even nerfed the right way

lian can just 1v1 any flank without breaking a sweat, and if she can't manage she can still make you kneeeeeel and destroying all your hopes of killing her
    cassie can 3 shot any flank, basically it takes 1second to kill you if she uses blast shot
    BK counters anything, he can poke better, burst better at close range, has better mobility, has CC, BK has everything, that's why you can't duel him
    oh also there's willo, she's saying thanks a lot for giving me more mobility than a flank, all the while I have my poke, dmg reduction, dmg buff, and my ult that beside strix no one can touch

• @TangAce said in Any suggestions on how to buff the flank class?:

buck heal should be instant instead of that super long duration, most of the time you'd just die while using it

or have the old version that doesn't stop you from shooting etc

• Above all I beleive Flanks are a class made to brawl for enemy positions and push alongside allies, working off their efforts.
    They must have moves that allow them to assault, extend, retreat and recover in a fair and balenced way...

Instead of major damage amp talanets on abilities, Flanks ought to get abilities that allow them to provide light CC options, such as; cripples, silences, disarms, and so on... allowing them hinder, pick, weaken an enemy in both a 1v1 & team game sense from a mid range distance the same way that supports can.

The assault utility provided by light cc is a different kind of zoning pressure against aggressive tanks and flanks, or for diving a damage and support when they are out of position, instead of using damage amped abilities.

This cc in a defence sense will also aid to deny areas being taken against flankers, biding more time for their other abilities.

@Dusklicious said in Any suggestions on how to buff the flank class?:

Androxus:

• Cursed Revolver should instead become Dark Stalker before they changed it and ultimately removed it. When it used to make his dash have a charge-based system on a cooldown of maybe 3 seconds per dash.

Please no QQ. That legendary was completely OP and really frustrating at the time, let alone in the current metagame where there's way less mobility. I hate that talent and all it stands for, I find it to be really unhealthy.

• PC

@Peinzius said in Any suggestions on how to buff the flank class?:

@Dusklicious said in Any suggestions on how to buff the flank class?:

Androxus:

Please no QQ. That legendary was completely OP and really frustrating at the time, let alone in the current metagame where there's way less mobility. I hate that talent and all it stands for, I find it to be really unhealthy.

TBH it really wasn't. I played a bit back then and it didn't feel all that ridiculous. It was really in about the same place as Wormhole Evie is now. Some people might bitch and whine about it, but really Androxus needs an actually viable talent. His best talent is literally a far worse version of Lex's Death Hastens that had to be BUFFED in the PTS so it could be actually useful.

• PC

@Dusklicious
    it was, everyone been saying, I have no idea how some people believe it would be healthy to bring that back
    andro simply needs more speed on his dashes and a reversal fix, along with some more poking I guess

• PC

I wish maeve base dmg get buffed a bit and cat burglar gets deleted and they buff androxus dashes. Imagine having wormhole evie, rogues gambit maeve and androxus with the old gun in the proplay meta.. the hardest champions in the game (at least as flanks) but also the most fun to watch.

They need to do something about koga and buck as well and rework for moji (I dont think she fits in the flank class).

Talus is the hardest to balance because he is apparently pretty strong in console but you rarely see him in pc.