Tank Suggestions v1

• ASH:
    *Slug Shot buff: The range your Weapon Shot travels, is now unlimited.
    ATLAS:
    *Chrono-Cannon: No longer deals crit dmg(like Ying doesnt).
    *Temporal Divide buff: Lasts 3s longer.
    *Stasis Field Nerf: Now lasts 5s->4s.
    INARA:
    *Treacherous Ground buff: Your Weapon shots now also deal 25% increased dmg to players in the radius of Warder's Field(675 DPS). EDIT- Suggestions on her Tremor talent would be helpful for me.
    RUCKUS:
    *Flux Generator buff: The cooldown of Emitter is reduced by an additional 2s.
    TERMINUS:
    *Charge Blasts now deal an additional 100->150 damage each.
    TORVALD:
    *Direct Current buff: Nullify now also has 60% increased range and grants Torvald 20% dmg reduction while casting it.
    Why I made each suggestion and why I think most of them are balanced:-
    *ASH: Her slug shot talent was pretty much ill-performing compared to her other talents in high elos. This change will help in making the talent either a viable or situational pick in a double tank comp by doing the following:

• Hard or Soft counter aerial mobility champs like drogoz and evie.
    • Pressure Backlines much more consistently.
    • Fit nicely in a comp with snipers and help them on duels when they get dived by flanks.
      This card was nerfed in the past becuz of how it either harassed backlines too easily or dealt alot of dmg. But now that the game has more burst this change wont be even close to OP and make her a better harasser-tank as most point tanks like inara can perform better than ash with her own point tank talent called fortress breaker.
      ATLAS: His kit is uncounterable and according to alot of players, is in need of a rework while his dmg was overtuned. Taking away his crit dmg and nerfing his base kit a little bit will help him stabilize significantly in line with the other off-tanks.
      INARA: She was played as a point tank most of the time and less played as a bruiser or off tank while other talents like her Treacherous Ground talent was quite situational against high mobile champs. This change will help the talent and make it viable against most comps. The dmg bonus wouldnt be op becuz only you benefit from the buff and you only get this amp when players are in radius of your deployable.
      RUCKUS: The talent was slightly lacking compared to Rocket Barrage and was hard-countered by wrecker. Reducing its cooldown will help him get the shield more often when combined with Refraction and make more room for other loadout cards.
      TERMINUS: This change will make the talent more consistent against enemies far beyond your reach and make it slightly more popular without being too strong cuz stacking full of them charges takes alot of time.
      TORVALD: Will help the talent be more reliable and consistent while helping it get on par with other talents.
      Thats all I have in mind for these characters. I dont know much about other tanks like Makoa so feel free to give suggestions on that or give feedback on what you think about them. I didnt talk about few of them tanks like nando cuz he is getting buffed probably the next patch after Pirate's Treasure.

• PC

@SNIper-poTAto said in Tank Suggestions v1:

ASH:
    ATLAS:
    INARA:
    *Treacherous Ground buff: Your Weapon shots now also deal 25% increased dmg to players in the radius of Warder's Field(675 DPS). EDIT- Suggestions on her Tremor talent would be helpful for me.
    RUCKUS:
    TERMINUS:
    TORVALD:
    *Direct Current buff: Nullify now also has 60% increased range and grants Torvald 30% dmg reduction while casting it.
    *ASH: Her slug shot talent was pretty much ill-performing compared to her other talents in high elos. This change will help in making the talent either a viable or situational pick in a double tank comp by doing the following:

• Fit nicely in a comp with snipers and help them on duels when they get dived by flanks.
      This card was nerfed in the past becuz of how it either harassed backlines too easily or dealt alot of dmg. But now that the game has more burst this change wont be even close to OP and make her a better harasser-tank as most point tanks like inara can perform better than ash with her own point tank talent called fortress breaker.
      ATLAS: His kit is uncounterable and according to alot of players, is in need of a rework while his dmg was overtuned. Taking away his crit dmg and nerfing his base kit a little bit will help him stabilize significantly in line with the other off-tanks.
      INARA: She was played as a point tank most of the time and less played as a bruiser or off tank while other talents like her Treacherous Ground talent was quite situational against high mobile champs. This change will help the talent and make it viable against most comps. The dmg bonus wouldnt be op becuz only you benefit from the buff and you only get this amp when players are in radius of your deployable.
      RUCKUS: The talent was slightly lacking compared to Rocket Barrage and was hard-countered by wrecker. Reducing its cooldown will help him get the shield more often when combined with Refraction and make more room for other loadout cards.
      TERMINUS: This change will make the talent more consistent against enemies far beyond your reach and make it slightly more popular without being too strong cuz stacking full of them charges takes alot of time.
      TORVALD: Will help the talent be more reliable and consistent while helping it get on par with other talents.
    • Ash is already really strong right now. If she's going to get buffs like this, she's going to need some nerfs thrown in, I'd say at the least one to Battering Ram and probably another to her DPS (not directly nerfing damage numbers, considering that's not going to solve anything).
    • I like the Atlas changes here, though I personally think he needs nerfs to Second Chance and maybe a little more range tacked on to Unstable Fissure.
    • I don't really like the Inara idea at all. Giving her that much extra damage for free on a card that already isn't all that bad... Seems unbalanced to me.
    • Flux Generator buffs would help Ruckus potentially, yes. But, I think he also really needs a buff to his durability in his base kit considering it's really his biggest issue overall that makes him the worst tank in the live patch, and the second worst on the PTS patch (RIP Torvald).
    • All I think when I see those Terminus buffs are that they will make Decimation ABSOLUTELY busted. I honestly don't think Terminus really needs a buff to be honest. He just really needs bug fixes. One of Terminus' biggest weakspots is supposed to be his ranged output, considering his burst within his axe swing is actually pretty ridiculous.
    • The Direct Current buff sounds half good, half bad. I agree with the range boost as it makes it a lot easier for him to confirm damage that he doesn't have, but I think that amount of flat DR would break the talent.

Just blindly buffing talents without seeing the consequences of that.

• PC

@SNIper-poTAto Even though I don't like the multi champion changes format I'll throw in my 2c anyway - I'll try not to derail.

ASH: I never liked Slug Shot because of the sacrifices being made to use it. I don't think more range would change that.

Ash used to be my go to front but since Ash got the ult and health nerfs I hardly play her anymore.

1. The Indomitable(lifesteal) card doesn't register correctly if at all as self heal on Guru so it's tough to see what value it is in actual matches.
    2. If you don't use Battering Ram then Shoulder Bash is almost a death sentence unless used as an escape - even with the DR card.
    3. The ult needs help. It's unbelievable how many counters there are to either stop it or take her out of the zone.
      If you could come up with ideas for at least 2 & 3 that would be appreciated.

ATLAS: Yeah, I think almost everyone wants Atlas nerfed in some way. I want to see Second Chance nerfed somehow too - maybe a limit how many times it can be used per spawn. IDK.

INARA: Considering it cripples I don't think this is fair as your team should be taking advantage of that. I wouldn't mind 1 extra ammo in her base kit though. What's wrong with Tremors other than people don't use it much? In the right conditions it's viable.

RUCKUS: With Refraction card, CD of Emitter can be as low as 7 seconds - with your change only 5. That's pretty low considering he can self heal with Nanotechnology card. Maybe a stronger shield or larger so it can be used for a little bit of ally protection? How about it turns into a flat faced Atlas style Stasis field but handheld like Khan (only for this talent and doesn't have to be indestructible)?

TERMINUS: I don't think he needs more damage output on Decimation. Maybe reduce the damage required to charge instead?

TORVALD: How about 40% range increase and 20% dmg reduction? Always trying to tame things...

• @Dusklicious said in Tank Suggestions v1:

@SNIper-poTAto said in Tank Suggestions v1:

ASH:
    ATLAS:
    INARA:
    RUCKUS:
    TERMINUS:
    TORVALD:
    *Direct Current buff: Nullify now also has 60% increased range and grants Torvald 30% dmg reduction while casting it.

• Ash is already really strong right now. If she's going to get buffs like this, she's going to need some nerfs thrown in, I'd say at the least one to Battering Ram and probably another to her DPS (not directly nerfing damage numbers, considering that's not going to solve anything).
    • I like the Atlas changes here, though I personally think he needs nerfs to Second Chance and maybe a little more range tacked on to Unstable Fissure.
    • I don't really like the Inara idea at all. Giving her that much extra damage for free on a card that already isn't all that bad... Seems unbalanced to me.
    • Flux Generator buffs would help Ruckus potentially, yes. But, I think he also really needs a buff to his durability in his base kit considering it's really his biggest issue overall that makes him the worst tank in the live patch, and the second worst on the PTS patch (RIP Torvald).
    • All I think when I see those Terminus buffs are that they will make Decimation ABSOLUTELY busted. I honestly don't think Terminus really needs a buff to be honest. He just really needs bug fixes. One of Terminus' biggest weakspots is supposed to be his ranged output, considering his burst within his axe swing is actually pretty ridiculous.
    • The Direct Current buff sounds half good, half bad. I agree with the range boost as it makes it a lot easier for him to confirm damage that he doesn't have, but I think that amount of flat DR would break the talent.

Just blindly buffing talents without seeing the consequences of that.

Thats simply what you think and that doesnt make it true. I did think twice before suggesting these buffs. And they are suggestions so that doesnt mean they are simply gonna be put on the game simply becuz i thought its a good idea.

• Ash isnt that strong, id say shes balanced and the one thing thats rlly strong about her is the ult. If nerfs are gonna be thrown in then its gonna be towards the talent change i made not her other talents which are perfectly balanced. With Slug Shot which is Ash's worst talent, already has 100% increased range which I suggested a buff to have limitless range. How is this OP? The talent is currently lacking and this change would make the talent maybe great at best and a strong counter-pick against drogoz or long range champs.
    • Atlas mobility skill has a long cooldown but isnt rlly used as a mobility skill as much. Maybe dropping it to travel 4s is a good idea.
    • Inara's normal dps is 540 and this change buffs it by 135 extra dmg when players are in the deployable. Inara's Wrath of Stagalla which granted 200 extra dmg like Ying's FL, was removed possibly cuz it was her worst talent. The talent was considered a throw pick so i dont think 135 extra dmg would make the talent too strong but sure the talent is ok. I just dont like that she is limited to a single playstyle.
    • Ruckus isnt the worst tank in the game. He is good in high elos as an off-tank with high dmg. The main point of Ruckus is dmg. His DPS alone is 1000 and has rockets dealing upto 500 dmg without interrupting his weapon fire which is a big deal. He is only good in the right hands. Ruckus had alot of durability at some point and people hardly liked it when he was meta becuz he had so much dmg and durability at the same time. Ruckus isnt bad right now, its only that the current meta or the dmg amp meta is against him and its gonna be nerfed next patch. That alone will improve Ruckus's pickrate or his state in the game.
    • I just wanted to make his range output more consistent becuz that seems to be the point of the talent. He's a melee character, thats why his dmg is high at point blank after all and yes he mainly needs bug fixes but thats something i should be talking about in the bug thread. The card is fine but takes time to get all charges so i think the card could use some help but other than that is fine as it is right now.
    • Torvald is half counterable by wrecker and has a gigantic head hitbox bigger than makoa and the ability lasts 2.5 seconds. But then i gave him range so his DR maybe needs to be tuned down. His dmg amp card which is gonna be nerfed is still gonna be is best talent anyway with 15% amp.