Cynthia, The Dimensional Traveler

• PC

@TangAce said in Cynthia, The Dimensional Traveler:

why do I feel like some Tiberius kit and talents were inspired from Cynthia? does anyone feel the same?

The weapon is different... Cynthia's does not
    bounce off floors and wells
    Are they going to add wells to the game so we can bounce off them? 🙂

Recall has similar mechanic - this is really the only real possibility. Maybe you see something more that I'm not.

Regardless, if they did take some ideas from her, be proud of it.

• PC

@DaddyOoker
    well the bounce is different but cynthia's base weapon has a similar mechanic, the idea behind is the same, to hit people behind walls
    his sword is legit the same, the talent exploding the sword is also taken from cynthia, and is description as a damage champ who can go in and go out is basically the idea behind cynthia, his ult is also mobility based

I don't mind them taking ideas, but like for any other times they did so, they should credit the people making concept, like they do with people making skin concepts
    I really don't like how they said they had the idea of the sword mechanic for a long time

@Miniiwolf
    I'm not necroing, I'm talking about something actual aka next patch, I'm not gonna make a new thread for this lmao, it's like when I update a guide or some other stuff, necroing is upping an outdated thread for nothing

• PC

@TangAce

Yes but no.. Tiberius weapon does not go thru enemies. Description says it stops on them. Quite different as it can't hit multiple targets that way.

The recalling sword is basically what I'm saying is reasonably possible to have been inspired from Cynthia.

If you look at my Elena champion concept it's possible I have something in there that's similar to someone else's. Beats me if there are any because I didn't go around looking at anyone's ideas. Yours is the only one I paid any attention to.

My point is that it's very possible for multiple people to come up with similar ideas without being exposed to them.

I agree that if they did in fact get inspiration from your idea that some sort of credit should be given but we have no evidence of such.

• PC

@DaddyOoker
    yeah we have no evidence ofc, but it's really weird that he's released well 3 months after reddit contest for exemple, cause I don't think they were working on him before since before they were busy working on raum
    I also remember atlas ult being heavily looking like an other concept made months before he was released for exemple
    I always feel like they make a ton of fuss about skins and reddit stuff, while champs concept and most of the forum stuff are ignored
    they finally are implementing the modifying loadout in shooting range that was asked on forums very often since years ago, why did they do it? cause some random people asked this on reddit a few month ago, and it's the same for everything
    at least they pay some attention to their discord (like for once a bug I reported was actually fixed within a month)

• PC

@TangAce Maybe they will come up with a making of Tiberius like they did with IO here: https://forums.hirezstudios.com/paladins/topic/218/dev-blog-the-making-of-io

• @TangAce said in Cynthia, The Dimensional Traveler:

yeah we have no evidence ofc, but it's really weird that he's released well 3 months after reddit contest for exemple, cause I don't think they were working on him before since before they were busy working on raum

Tiberius is in a datamine from March
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/paladins-poland/futures-end-datamining/355222788657733/

• PC

@PWNDotcom

my concept was made last year...

Still, remember that first info in datamining ≠ starting work on the champion.
    They had to start creating him even earlier than in March.

• PC

Cynthia was first posted on the old forums 2019-04-21

http://oldforums.paladins.com/showthread.php?91769-Cynthia-The-Dimensional-Traveler

• @TangAce said in Cynthia, The Dimensional Traveler:

@PWNDotcom

my concept was made last year...

That's... Not what we're talking about?

You said they didn't work on Tiberius until after the contest, when that's far, FAR from true.

• PC

@PWNDotcom
    I said it was a possibility
    and they had the idea of a champ some time ago, doesn't mean they worked on him for a whole year, it actually seems unlikely, they probably worked on tiberius only more recently cause they surely were busy with other things
    and if they actually spend all that time working on new champs, well I'd rather have them work on other things so we have a better game