My opinion on flanks as a console player

• They're either overturned and undefeatable unless you're using something even more cancerous or they're too weak and underperforms in almost every situation. I have some buffs, nerfs and reworks that I hope will get noticed.

TALUS

By far the biggest offender here. His base kit is one of the best in the game, his hitbox is small, his cards are worth using and his talents are all viable (but people only use Inner strength), there's just no drawbacks to him at all. But the biggest problem I see with him is Overcharge, that's a Tyra ult every few seconds for god's sake, if you get hit by one there's little you can do except to sit down and wait to respawn. I suggest a complete rework to it since nerfing it will either not be enough or will make it useless.

A potentially fun idea I had was to give him a clone that follows you around and does the same amount of damage as your primary fire does, and while it's active it'll absorb one shot that would be otherwise fatal and you will survive with a small amount of HP so you can retreat or keep fighting. The mechanics for this is already in game so I doubt it'll be difficult to do. He would be less frustrating to face and a skilled player could use his clone to pull off some nice clutches that would otherwise be impossible.

Another thing that needs tweaking is his uppercut. It sucks as a mobility/damage option but excels as a knockback tool, seriously, how does it make sense that a CHILD can punch a GIANT ANCIENT TURTLE with enough force to send him off a cliff?? Remove or reduce the knockback and give it vertical mobility instead.

MOJI

Her recent damage buff made her a bit more playable but none of the things that made her weak were addressed. She's still a bullet magnet with mediocre talents and very little synergy between her abilities

Her ult is one of the best examples of high risk low rewards this game has. Not only do you need to be close enough to use it but you also have to hope you aren't killed during the animation or while trying to catch up to the biscuit that is somehow faster than your two headed abomination I mean horse.
    Give her a movement speed buff for the duration and highlight enemies that are targeted by the ult so you know if it's going to connect.

SKYE

She's a force of nature against low levels that don't use the item shop and is free ult charge for anyone else. But with Deliberate she'll out damage the entire lobby with ease. Also her ult indicator is bugged and flashes red regardless on whether or not you're in it's radius.

Remove poison bolts entirely and replace it with what she lacks the most, mobility. She's a trained spy so give her a grapple instead that works like Grover's vine.

Reduce the duration of invisibility, increase her movement speed during it and make it immune to illuminate and not enemy abilities so it's balanced and viable.

Reworking smoke and dagger was a dumb idea, she's a flank not a support, the old version was perfectly balanced and the name suited it too, now it's just a mess and not worth picking unless you're in a premade and just want to have some fun.

MAEVE

For someone who's entire personality revolves around being fast and agile it sucks that you need to buy Nimble to even have a chance of outrunning or catching up to a Viktor/Jenos who's mobility abilities are always ready unlike Maeve's which takes two weeks to charge and is cancelled by simply using your primary fire.

Nine lives sounds good on paper, resets cooldowns AND heals but in reality it sucks, the heal is easily countered by caut and the abilities aren't going to help much if there's a hitscan chasing you. Rework it and remove the CD reset but give it a cleanse that removes debuffs followed by the 500 heal, 20 seconds cooldown or 15 with 5 points added towards it is long enough so no need to adjust anything there.

Prowl needs a duration or speed increase.

Midnight was nerfed again despite nobody saying it was OP or game breaking and she wasn't compensated for it either. Give it a fixed duration of about 3-4 seconds and increase it's radius to a map wide blind (Cassie's ult does the same so why not Maeve's) or give her a damage/movement speed buff for the duration. If it's movement speed then giving her teammates some of it as well would make her fit into team comps better.

KOGA

His claw nerf made him much less cancerous but his dash needs to be tweaked. It has iframes, cleanses everything including Tyra's mark, restores ammo and heals and you can spam in near infinitely. It's too rewarding for how frequent it is. Either remove the cleanse, increase the charge time or add a internal cooldown on the buffs so even if you spam it you can't always get cleansed and heal up and such. They did the same to Nessa's teleporter and Strix's invisibility heals so there's no reason this can't be done.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the text wall, any other suggestions and constructive criticism is welcome.

• @OriginalEquinox said in My opinion on flanks as a console player:

His claw nerf made him much less cancerous but his dash needs to be tweaked. It has iframes, cleanses everything including Tyra's mark, restores ammo and heals and you can spam in near infinitely. It's too rewarding for how frequent it is. Either remove the cleanse, increase the charge time or add a internal cooldown on the buffs so even if you spam it you can't always get cleansed and heal up and such. They did the same to Nessa's teleporter and Strix's invisibility heals so there's no reason this can't be done.

His dashes while op, make up for the lack of damage in his base kit as they allow him to dodge enemy attacks frequently. I've heard people suggest that they lower his fire-rate but buff his base damage to not only make him more skill-require but also more of a threat in a 1v1.

• @butt3r actually he has really good damage up close specially with headshots thrown in for good measure. Since his weapon is a SMG it's normal to have a high firerate/magazine and with the ammo refund on dashes he can keep shooting even while his opponents are reloading which compensates for the low damage per bullet perfectly well imo

• @OriginalEquinox What about buck isn't he bad now,because of all nerfs and literally no buffs,except for 1 more bullet?

Please don't necro.

Locked.