The Champion Talents Guide

• Redesigned and made it more visible

• PC

gotta say I'll write all my thoughts now

khan : lian's shield simply sucks, grab isn't bad but countered by resilience, making storm slightly better

nando : not much to say, aegis sucks, the other 2 are okay, formidable might be a bit better

barik : not much to say, tinkerin op, god i love barik so much thanks to tinkerin

term : I'd say decimation is better because it gives a better burst possibility, crush is okay but people can avoid it easily or buy resilience, undying is meh

ash : ram and fortress breaker are both good, one for off tank the other for point, slug shot can be used in some situations

inara : only mother grace, everything else is just trolling

ruckus : not gonna say anything, I can't play him ^^'

koa : leviathan best if enemy has huge CC, pluck is they don't, half shell isn't bad but a good player will not feed it, they'll just wait till shield ends

torv : just don't play torv, seriously (grandpa better tho)

atlas : all talents are meh, deja vu probably the best as it allows you to rewind behind walls and shields

cassie : impulse over exaction cause it add more burst output more often, exaction not bad tho, big game is great depending on enemy tanks (like if they have ash for exemple it's just op af)

dredge : abyss spike best, scuttle pretty good, hurl is meh

sha : I'd say recurve over explosive, simply because most of the time you'll still need 3 shots even with explosive arrows to kill, so recurve will lower your ttk, and, with recurve you keep the nice stun which is always a good point

lian : yeah eminence is bs...wish they nerfed it even more

willo : blastflower all the way, it's like, broken, the whole champ is broken, just don't be an a*s and don't play willo please

vik : burst mode way better, cardio is for nubs who can only run, grenade is for nubs who can't aim, and burst mode is for nubs who can only aim, you got my point, vik is for nubs

strix : UU is great, but, crack shot is way better, like it allows you to 1v1 a tank at close range without even caring, it also destroy shields way faster

koga : just don't use koga, his garbage

maeve : cat burglar is better because you can one shot combo any damage flank or support with it^^' SJ is just for people who can't aim, rogue's gambit is more than decent but a bit harder to use imo

zhin : Yomi best, guillotine really good, smolder is useless (nah seriously when I have a smolder zhin in my game he always ends up having twice as more deaths as other people x)

lex : death hastens is the best yeah, heroism can work, discovery is bad cause the retribution is so buggy...

andro : defiant fist his the worst talent ^^' cursed revolver is the best, but you need to be able to flick nicely to use it, godslayer is for people who can't aim and would rather spray and pray 🙂

moji : boom boom and toot are both decent

evie : yeah wormhole is best, snow globe really good, over the moon doesn't exist 😉

buck : the best would be bounce house, it's a one shot combo, harder to use tho, the 2 other are decent

Io : life link better, godess blessing pretty op but usually needs a second support

ying : resonance, ying isn't a support, they lied to you, ying is a flank, resoying only ying 🙂

jenos : yeah lumi is better, binary start is fun if you are trolling 🙂

Furia : the beam is better, but, so hard to use properly, so I'll say cherish is the best, but as someone who went master by playing only beam furia last season, I can let you say it's only viable

pip : I'd say MP is better cause combat medic lower the damage you do since you shoot to heal

Seris : Soul collector 100 000 times better, mortal reach only for bot healers, agony doesn't exist

damba : not much else to say

gurk : never-play-spirit's-domain-please-for-god's-sake ^^ totemic ward has so much more value, you deal damage (and grohk has the best dps output among supports) you give CC immunity, it's just so much better

grover : deep root is bad, ferocity is better, blooming for healing of course

• @AzrielM said in The Champion Talents Guide:

Imani

Splitting Ice when running Ice stance, Mana rift when running fire. Both builds are playable.

For stance-switching build both of talents mentioned can work, Splitting Ice because you spam those frost bombs and you can benefit from AoE, Mana Rift is self explanatory.

Don't pick Pyromania. It was nice concept, but it's just really bad. I played Fire Imani with this because I hated Mana Rift, but man did I feel like a god when I swapped to Mana Rift instead.

Kinessa all talents are viable.

• PC

@TTraw said in The Champion Talents Guide:

@AzrielM said in The Champion Talents Guide:

Kinessa all talents are viable.

All of her talents are potentially viable, yes (Eagle Eye has a lot of potential with the headshot damage, Steady Aim is consistent with its damage boost, and Reposition is good to better deal with flankers). But Kinessa in her current state is hardly worth picking. sighs

Also, from a 900+ match Barik main, Architectonics is an absurdly underrated talent. I use it most matches I play and I have a 60+% WR this season so far.

• PC

@Dusklicious

kinessa is pretty good, she has the mobility strix doesn't, she require more skill to be played efficiently tho

as for her talents, all are viable, eagle eye is probably the worst tho, and steady aim the best

you are still playing barik in a medium to low elo, archi isn't bad, but not nearly as good as tinkerin, you can easily 1v1 any dmg with tinkerin, while with archi they just have to stay a little farther away from you and you become useless, sure you'll deal more damage on the enemy tank, but that mean 0 pressure from you, and 0 pressure means you are near useless

• I'll edit most as soon as I win the Shark Avatar

THanks y'all!

• So guys!

I am thankful for all of your contributions cause this Talents Guide is now complete!

• @TangAce said in The Champion Talents Guide:

pip : I'd say MP is better cause combat medic lower the damage you do since you shoot to heal

well, you could take away healing cards for survival cards. and ammo cards. so theres that

• @Dusklicious said in The Champion Talents Guide:

Also, from a 900+ match Barik main, Architectonics is an absurdly underrated talent

pls elaborate.

• PC

@Zeebuoy

archi not bad, but the moment a tank is smart enough to destroy turrets... or if enemy as a blast...or a sniper...like any ranked team basically
    and you'll deal inconsistent damage cause shotgun, not even mentioning you won't be able to hit enemies from far away, nor flying people, then you can't be as aggressive as you could with tinkerin

about pip, he doesn't need much survival cards, he's already pretty safe and can defend himself nicely, with combat medic if you shoot someone it means you ain't healing, so anytime someone rush you or something, you can't heal, then as a supports you gotta do some damage, with combat medic you'll deal way less, such a waste for a very aggressive support
    then MP goes through walls, which is really nice, and will heal every one full every 8sec with cards, yes it does require hard cd management, and yes it requires a team knowing how to play, and yes it's situational (like you can't play pip if you have khan in your team cause he won't clear caut reliably enough)

• PC

@TangAce said in The Champion Talents Guide:

@Zeebuoy

he played 900 casual games, so he thinks archi better cause it kinda works in casual...

@Zeebuoy

I actually probably have a higher winrate with Archi than I do with Tink. The talent itself is actually really good when utilized to its potential with proper aggressive turret placements, and a build like this (though there are variations of it):

Forged Alloy IV, OMT III, Failsafe III, Brave and Bold III, Combat Repair II

Anyways, Forged Alloy really makes the build. Without it, Archi would be downright unviable because without that durability there would be nothing stopping your opponents from 1 or 2 shotting all of your turrets. Even a SNIPER can't 1 shot it at rank 4 (A charged shot Nessa can, but other than that no). OMT is important for any Barik build to manage CDs, Failsafe is just too good to pass off on (one thing Tang was actually right about, but said too rudely for me to listen initially. Did my own testing, and it works really well even on Archi), Brave and Bold because it's just necessary. And a filler. Good ones include: the aforementioned Combat Repair, Accelerator Field (Good for kiting), and Bowling Ball (Because Failsafe + Bowling Ball is a nice combo).

And, yes, this is consistent with my guide. I'm essentially saying the same thing it does after the most recent edit.

• PC

This post is deleted!

• PC

This post is deleted!

• PC

This post is deleted!

Stop making personal attacks and other inappropriate debates. I don't care who started it, that applies to both of you.

• I'm personally upset with the debates in this thread because it's somewhat... toxic

Nextly, please know I made this thread for the general talents, I know it's possible to use Snow Globe on Evie, but generally speaking, Wormhole is still the best talent because that's how Evie is mostly played.

If someone wants to have an opinion please be civil, don't be accusive, and that should be all... Thank You.

P.S. I'm updating this thread so it would be less about viable talents, and instead would be about the general talents used. I know that there are champions with all 3 viable talents, but most only have 1 good talent, so I want to highlight that.

• @TangAce said in The Champion Talents Guide:

buck : the best would be bounce house, it's a one shot combo, harder to use tho

Definitivly. I saw the KamiVS video where he plays all 3 talents and he clearly lacks the skill to make bounce house effective. This might be theoretically possible to reset the jump by bounce-damage, head-shot, net, shot and jump away. But if this fails Buck is dead 100%, and he has only this one trick, damage and self-heal is shit then.

• PC

@M3RC3N4RI0 said in The Champion Talents Guide:

@TangAce said in The Champion Talents Guide:

buck : the best would be bounce house, it's a one shot combo, harder to use tho

Definitivly. I saw the KamiVS video where he plays all 3 talents and he clearly lacks the skill to make bounce house effective. This might be theoretically possible to reset the jump by bounce-damage, head-shot, net, shot and jump away. But if this fails Buck is dead 100%, and he has only this one trick, damage and self-heal is shit then.

He also clearly doesn't know how to play Architectonics Barik from the video he posted on that too. The build he used is totally wrong, not to mention he's just so programmed to place turrets like you would playing Tink that he doesn't do it properly for that. But his Tinkerin is really good.

I've played with him a couple of times though and I have to say in general he's really good at the game.

I actually probably have a higher winrate with Archi than I do with Tink. The talent itself is actually really good when utilized to its potential with proper aggressive turret placements, and a build like this (though there are variations of it):

Tink is more fun though. I tried a few games and it's so much fun to pester the enemy backline, hehe. But it's easier to hit with hitscan than with tinkerin and I get more turret damage and more self-heal with Archi.

Anyways, Forged Alloy really makes the build. Without it, Archi would be downright unviable because without that durability there would be nothing stopping your opponents from 1 or 2 shotting all of your turrets.

Yeah, 600 HP is measly. Unfortunately the cards are needed for self-heal and rocket-boots, so I only run this with 1 point. It might be worth a try to give up some shield HP and heal for turret HP. Was the turret HP always that low btw. I remember I always bought bulldozer with Term to destroy the turrets.

(one thing Tang was actually right about, but said too rudely for me to listen initially. Did my own testing, and it works really well even on Archi)

Yeah. It's so cool to slide away with double rocket boots.

He also clearly doesn't know how to play Architectonics Barik from the video he posted on that too. The build he used is totally wrong, not to mention he's just so programmed to place turrets like you would playing Tink that he doesn't do it properly for that. But his Tinkerin is really good.
    I've played with him a couple of times though and I have to say in general he's really good at the game.

Of course. He only plays Tinkerin with Barik like all GM/pro players. This might have been the first time he uses Archi. Have you seen his video with Dredge. He has absolutely no idea what to do.