Bots everywhere

• I want to address the problem with so many bots in casual and ranked. Out of last 50 games in casual I've had at least 20 of them with a bot. So many people are leaving, having bad connections, going afk on purpose or just throwing. When I turn to ranked, elo hell is unbearable, and as a solo player I had hard times reaching diamond. Then another level of stupidity, toxic and afk players arise. I've lost over 200 tp due to people leaving the game, throwing or going afk because of some ridiculous arguments they have with someone in the team. I'm aware this is not the first time someone is complaining and Hi-rez is probably aware of these problems, however, with every new update there is not a single word about improvement on this level.
    Losing TP in ranked due to afk players should be completely reduced to 0, since it is not a fair match. There are many ways to deal with that but I don't want to go too deep into that.
    I've spent more than 1500 hours in the game and this problem is killing the pleasure of playing. Please put more emphasis on this issue within the next updates.

• Many of those "bots" could be one or more players using wifi to play. Though wifi is great for surfing, emailing and texting, it can be a handicap with online team gaming. Weakened signals can lead to increased lag and disconnections.

• There needs to be harsher punishments for this behaviour, many of the offenders know damn well they're never going to get in trouble because the auto system is a joke so they continue to make their unfortunate teammates lives miserable just to make their own pathetic existences less boring or whatever

• @Conrad_Max player stuck at spawn not being able to leave it for a while, walking in straight lines and going directly to the point is a sign of a bot, not someone with a bad wifi connection.
    Players are not punished correctly, and I'm sorry that some of them have bad connections bud would still like to play, however they are significantly reducing game's quality and more people will stop playing due to that problem. Especially the problem is in ranked, there should be a system to replace a missing player with an active player, or to reduce tp loss.

• @cunga13, I play a daily online team based wifi game on my tablet. What you descibed is just a few things that we face when playing. Sometimes I'll tap the screen for a command, but due to lag, it might be two to sixty seconds or more before the action happens. So during the game, it looks as if I'm quickly going from spawn to point, standing in one spot shooting into a wall, shooting at nothing, standing still or AFK, or running everywhere shooting in all directions. Like many, the people that I'm playing with think that I'm using a bot, without thinking that they have the same problem.

The game is called, coincidentally, Paladins Strike.

There may be bots in Paladins Champions of the Realm, but not all of the alleged bots may be bots. Besides, wouldn't a bot actually do a better job for their respective teams?

I'm stepping away from this topic as most likely I'll end up the loser. And if we do have a bot problem, hopefully it will be fixed. Good luck!

• @Conrad_Max Maybe I had to be more precise, it's PC version of Paladins. What i'm experiencing and describing is a typical behavior of a bot. I just want Hi-Rez to consider implementing some option of somehow replacing bots by an active player or not losing/getting TP while playing ranked.

• PC

@Conrad_Max

There are definitely bots. I don't get them all the time but enough to be annoying and frustrating.

Even if you don't recognize the typical bot behavior pattern you can usually identify them via the credits and CPM.
    https://paladins.guru/match/censored/EEHVKOEqn - Example of what a match with all real players looks like.
    https://paladins.guru/match/censored/YXHLejm89 - Losing Tyra was a bot - she rage quit. On my team and we weren't able to carry the bot 😞
    https://paladins.guru/match/censored/XxHJY9bOL - Losing Bomb King was a bot. I don't know the cause as it was enemy team.

I hate to report because I know that people crash and such but in the Tyra match I knew she was a quitter so reported. What good does it do - beats me.

@cunga13

There are issues with replacing a player with another.

• Replacement player has to own the champion and level sufficient to use the already selected talent.
    • Replacement player needs to have a relatively similar skill as the original player.
    • The afk might be due to toxicity - who wants to go into that?

For me to even think about being a replacement player I would want to know the map, score, both teamp comps, champion, talent I'm going to play and even the loadout. This would require a list of matches suitable for your skill rating and champions showing this info and a player would select a match to join.

I would like to know how many people would be willing to do this.

• @DaddyOoker said in Bots everywhere:

I would like to know how many people would be willing to do this

I wouldn't like it with the current format and game modes, but if a future game mode offered a longer game it could work. TF2 does it, but in that game we can change our character every time we die, so players joining in the middle of the game just pick a character. In those games we're likely to be auto-balanced too, being switched to the other team in the middle of the game, lol.

I would love a clear in-game indicator that a teammate is a bot, though. Something that can appear and disappear on the screen easily, for example if a player disconnects and then reconnects. A color change, asterisk on the name, or something simple. It would help teams cope more quickly.

• PC

@Fortis01x

I would love a clear in-game indicator that a teammate is a bot, though. Something that can appear and disappear on the screen easily, for example if a player disconnects and then reconnects. A color change, asterisk on the name, or something simple. It would help teams cope more quickly.

I like that idea. Why it hasn't been done already is beyond me.

• Bots are realy dumb. Bots healers rush to the objective as suiciders. They are totaly useless. I suggest to increase the intelligence of the bots for make their skill level about same as the leaved player. Bots destroys the matches, there are many of them. It's a much huger problem then bugs or balance issues.
    After the bots will have become viable there should be a discription in the game for put things right. It should contain if you don't sure about you can play the match along you have to start traning not casual (or ranked). If a palyer leave the 10min long match in the last 2min, he saved 2min from his life but he ruined 9 players match what is 90min. Sacrifce 90min playtime for 2min real life time is ridiculous. It should be cause punishment. Hard punishment! It throws our game. It's disgusting. and - of course - the better bot could decrease the problem much more. This is what I think about the topic. I know it won't be an ez job, but it's necessary. More important than new skins or champions, because feeder bots destroy the game experiance. Anyway this new ingame descripition should also contains that don't start to rage if your supporter picks a non-heal buffer talent, because it will still able to heal. What a suprise... But most of players still don't understand.
    For the last I link here my new match where were 4 (!!!) bots in the game. Fortunatly 2-2 in each teams. Our bots were bots for longer time, so wil lost. Me and Maeve were still able to pull the match for a long time, but you can't do anything with bots... (Khan rushed like a mad man, and I weren't able to heal him while I had to defense myself what were the leaved palyers job. Once 3 players stoped near to the base, Khan rushed to the point, I stayed alone and got Evie ulted too. I felt it's already too much...)
    20190912231536_1.jpg
    At least @TTraw wasn't bot 😄

• PC

@KicsitCsicska
    yeah bots are dumb, the worst is bk cause he can't explode his bombs x), some bots are scary tho, moji and buck for exemple^^

on a side note, to prevent people going afk for a whole game, we should just have higher penatlies for being afk during the whole game
    someone who got a crash will 99% of the time be able to log back in before game ends, so yeah the game should be able to detect someone being a bot during the entire game and someone who played at least a part of the match, while the later can be due to crash or whatever reason, shouldn't have higher penalty than what we have now, however people never coming back should be punished way more, cause it has to be intentional, you can have a good reason to leave but like either u knew it could happen and shouldn't have played ranked in the first place or it will only happen once and then it's not a big deal, but people not playing should really get a bigger penalty than just losing some tp, cause they are making their team lose tp as well, basically it's not really a punishment

• @KicsitCsicska

At least @TTraw wasn't bot 😄

Yo I suck at Evie 99% of the matches, so I am happy you posted one where I actually didn't do trash.

Also, who was a bot? I know Grohk and our Willo, but other than that?

• PC

The bots are garbage but the bigger problem than just running to the point is that they get stuck (IMO). If a Grover bot ran to the point, at least I have a chance to get some heals before he gets slaughtered. You might even be able to shield it. If he never makes it there then a big fat zero.

@TTraw Looks like two Willo bots and Grohk to me.

I think Zhin also was a bot once. Watch his low damage and credits.

• PC

@KicsitCsicska said in Bots everywhere:

@DaddyOoker said in Bots everywhere:

I think Zhin also was a bot once. Watch his low damage and credits.

Hard to say. I had a match yesterday where three of us had about 2k more credits than two of our teammates yet one was in game using the chat.

If I were to target more possibles then it would be Zhin and Khan. Looked on Guru and it's not definitive for those two - they are lower level accounts so maybe they just aren't that good.

You have cross play on? PS4 and Switch in that match.

• @DaddyOoker said in Bots everywhere:You have cross play on? PS4 and Switch in that match.

Yes, it's on. Shouldn't be? I thought they are weaker players than the PC users so it can be an advantage for me. And I can put into a match earlier if there's more players in the queue.

• PC

@DaddyOoker said in Bots everywhere:You have cross play on? PS4 and Switch in that match.

Yes, it's on. Shouldn't be? I thought they are weaker players than the PC users so it can be an advantage for me. And I can put into a match earlier if there's more players in the queue.

That's a matter of opinion.

If you are lucky enough that the enemy gets them and you want to slaughter the weaker players then yeah, it's an advantage. Personally I think it's cheating. To each his own.

You may not think it's an advantage when your own team gets them and the other team gets 100% mouse aimers.

@DaddyOoker said in Bots everywhere:You have cross play on? PS4 and Switch in that match.

That's a matter of opinion.

If you are lucky enough that the enemy gets them and you want to slaughter the weaker players then yeah, it's an advantage. Personally I think it's cheating. To each his own.

You may not think it's an advantage when your own team gets them and the other team gets 100% mouse aimers.

Their team has 25% more chanse to get a crossplayer than us, cuz they have 5 players who can be, but we have only 4 (cuz I don't play on other platforms). So it's an advantage for me. Idc why players don't have loadouts, buy defthands as champion how doesn't need it, don't get covered in a fire fight, or just play with this shooting game on a platform what doesn't support aiming. I farm them. These are their wierd decisions.

Honestly after traning matches I often write to the loadoutless players about do they need help about what loadouts are, and why is it worth to make own ones. They NEVER answered me. There are also players on ranked matches who don't write a single answer. E.g. I wanted to use The Power cosmeaum and I asked that could they shoot the gripped targets. At the 4th occassion I aksed somewrote: stfu. They lost and I laughted. "Just as I foretold!"
    Ppl has max level lifesteal in the loadout and buy Life Rip. Or someone have max level reload speed booster card and also ammo card and also max level Deft Hands.
    After a long time of analyzing their consideration and reasons I gave it up. Ppl do things what have no sense.
    Fact: shooting games or for mouse owner platforms, cuz it's the device what you can control the most.

• I can't handle it, too much bots, its awful to play this way

• I can't tell when there are bots in a match. I must live in a special place.

With that said, can players tell when I've been kicked from a game and a minute or two later make a miraculous return? In those two minutes while I was away has the game play been changed so much as to be dramatic?