Best Team Composition?

• So i made this post to give my opinion and ask you guys what you think the best team composition on paladins is.
    Heres mine:
    Frontlines:
    Inara - She is a very sustainable tank with a LOT of dmg reduction and a nice amount of crowd control she is a very good point tank and is able to withstand a lot of enemy damage.
    Makoa - Another sustainable tank. Many call him the best tank (which explains why he is banned a lot of the time in comp) . His hook allows him to focus certain characters when on point for instance the opposing support and take them out. His ult is a game changer as he can go from practically 100 health to full and wipe out whoever is on the point.

another notable tank is khan but i wouldnt include him in mine.

Damage:
    This was a hard decision
    Tyra - She is one of the best damage champs out there and her hunters mark legendary card and fire bomb is game changing. These 2 paired up allow her to dish out high amounts of damage in a few seconds, allowing her to shred whoevers on the point and backlines.

A close second would be Cassie since she is also another bursty character but requires a high amount of accuracy to use.

Support:
    This varies based on playstyle but i am going to base it on my experience
    Furia - When she uses the pyre strike card her heals are immense. She can spam her right click and then send in her pyre strike to heal the tanks from 100 to full health in a few seconds this puts her at a very high value on the team. Furthermore she is also a good damage dealer especially for a support and her ult can be the reason for a win/capture.
    A close second would be either seris/maldamba but yet again it depends on the playstyle.

Flank:
    Zhin - with his yomi card he is able to deal high amounts of dmg through a crowd of enemies. In the right hands Zhin can be very powerful, his ult allows him to single handedly take out a significant opponent (the support) and so help his team get the victory

A close second would either be buck/andro but yet it again it all depends on playstyles.

What're your thoughts? I used a basic 2 tank, 1 dmg, 1 support, 1 flank, team layout.

• Forgive me for my bad english... my best composition I would take 2 tanks (one point taker and one support tank ie..inara mother grace and thorvald field study), 2 healer (jenos luminary and series stun) and one damage ie. Tyra markship....the combination of thorvald field study shield and jenos luminary given to tyra will add to her marks will make her damage and survival overpowered...while series will pair with inara on the points....thats the best combination afaik....

• Terminus as point tank
    Bomb King as damage
    Maeve as flank
    Grover as heal
    As 2nd tank maybe Torv or Makoa.

• For me, personally, it usually doesn't matter much what characters we choose, but what matters is if we are communicating and working together to complete the objectives.

Moved to Gameplay & Strategy.

• The "best team composition" depends on what map you're playing and what the enemy team is running so there's really no definite answer to this. Best thing i can think of is something like Khan, Barik, Jenos, Cassie, Tyra/Lian, but honestly almost all of that could be just as well switched over to something different.

The most important thing is having counters for the enemy and making sure to pick stuff that works together. Picking Jenos just because he is meta but then pairing him with Inara is an easy recipe for a loss.

• PC

Crash Override is the closest.

I agree with the Inara/Jenos comment he made.

The best team comp is the one that wins 🙂

• PC

first you can't call a double hitscan or double blast the best compo
    then as said before it all depends on map, and on what enemy is playing

I'd rather say there is no best compo, however there are good champ combination, mostly duos, like jenos+barik, cassie+bk, evie+strix, stuff like that

then as said before, you gotta think about the support you have, like you can't take any tank with jenos, same for pip, while pip will do awesome with a term, with torv he wouldn't do anything, exactly like inara doesn't go well with jenos

of course you also need to think about the bans as well

ideally I'd say, furia/damba + inara + khan/koa + cassie + bk
    simply because it would work on almost any map, that inara is best played with furia but damba works too, damba being better for off tank like koa, then cassie and bk are probably the strongest damage, and unlike tyra they can handle themselves against pretty much anything, unlike evie or maeve they aren't really map dependent, of course this compo allows free cap without any problem while the offtank and dmg can put more than enough pressure, damba and furia are also the supports less dependent on their team, as they have good dmg/cc, and so on
    of course there is the other type of compo being the jenos one
    jenos + barik + ash/koa + cassie + willo, easy it's rather easy to see, barik is the best tank pick to go with jenos, ash is aggressive enough and her ult is op af, and she can retreat easily so she won't die because the lack of burst healing, cassie with the dmg buff can combo most dmg and all flanks to death, willo provide the early caut to balance from jenos being rather weak in early

of course I'm taking into account that atlas is permabanned, same for torv, let's stay realistic, of course koa or khan are often banned as well same for jenos and willo

so as a team that would never be banned

Io + barik/nara + ash/nando + cassie/lian + a random pick depending on enemy, maeve/evie prefered

simple enough, you got heal, shield, deployable, very annoying especially in early, somewhat not that aggressive, but rather strong, Io can full heal pretty fast when no caut, cassie and lian are op hitscan who can deal with mostly anything, evie and maeve are annoying af for enemies, the tanks pick are rather obvious

of course with Io plus cassie or lian it's a nightmare for an enemy flanker, while Io plus nara or barik is basically tons of point pressure

anyway it all depends on what you are trying to achieve and what you mean by "best" some people prefer early teams other late teams, some prefer focusing on point pressure while other are rrather aggressive

a point pressure team would rather have a tyra and a blast like willo or dredge but it would be weak against very aggressive team for exemple

• PC

I'd say these are probably the best choices for compositions after the new patch:

"Off-tank": Makoa or Atlas. Ash is a great option for this role and also Terminus is honestly really underrated as well as good for this role. Khan's OK, but overrated.

"Point tank": Barik or Inara depending on the off-tank. I would say take Barik if running Makoa, Ash, or Fernando and I would take Inara for other off-tanks.

Support: Jenos or Grover. Though Furia and Io are also good options, Jenos is great for the damage amp, and Grover has insane sustained healing potential. As for Damba, he's really been not that great in this meta and Io is no help.

DPS-wise, I think the best options are: Lian, Cassie, Willo, Maeve, and Evie. I'd say take Lian/Cassie/Maeve in one slot and Willo/Evie in the other (I would suggest that you don't take Evie with Maeve or Willo). Lian and Cassie both have absurd and confirmable burst potential, Willo has her anti-heals and actually really solid damage output after her buff, Maeve can easily burst down squishies or tanks depending on talent choice, and Evie is fantastic at applying pressure.

This is of course if proper team compositions are more important than playing what you can play capably. I certainly wouldn't play any of the picks I suggested DPS-wise because I can't really play any of them that well.

• PC

@Dusklicious
    hum terminus as offtank? is way more suited to be point than off
    damba is clearly a great support, can heal two places at once, has CC, self damage reduction, probably the best escape among supports, so yeah he's pretty great, Io is op but her main drawback is dozer in late game, grover is both good and bad, can't be played in any map, his healing is kinda not bursty enough, I feel like he doesn't bring much, he's great on some maps tho, Furia is good but kinda hard to survive if played with solar blessing, and lacks some healing on multiple people with cherish (this is an objective opinion, I love Furia while I don't like damba, but gotta say damba is pretty op)

what about bk? what about khan?
    also nando will still be bad as offtank, probably better as point tho

evie + maeve works fine, you even see them a lot together in pml recently, evie + willo is rly bad tho

• PC

@TangAce said in Best Team Composition?:

@Dusklicious
    hum terminus as offtank? is way more suited to be point than off
    damba is clearly a great support, can heal two places at once, has CC, self damage reduction, probably the best escape among supports, so yeah he's pretty great, Io is op but her main drawback is dozer in late game, grover is both good and bad, can't be played in any map, his healing is kinda not bursty enough, I feel like he doesn't bring much, he's great on some maps tho, Furia is good but kinda hard to survive if played with solar blessing, and lacks some healing on multiple people with cherish (this is an objective opinion, I love Furia while I don't like damba, but gotta say damba is pretty op)

what about bk? what about khan?
    also nando will still be bad as offtank, probably better as point tho

evie + maeve works fine, you even see them a lot together in pml recently, evie + willo is rly bad tho

Terminus doesn't really have enough range to defend himself on point. I find him to actually be really good at bursting people down with enough Nimble. Though he can counter a couple of point tanks really well.

I hear plenty of support mains saying this is the worst Damba has ever been, and I really can't blame them. A lot of them, even including Vex30 (a pro support), have said that he just takes way too much skill and it isn't really worth the value you get out of him anymore, especially after Io came out. Grover's consistent healing potential is insane regardless. Furia has a problem with inconsistent healing, but her beam heals are insane. Vex30 says she's the third best support in the game right now (to Jenos, and Ying (the latter is VERY debatable).

BK doesn't perform almost at all for people who haven't invested a lot of time into him. But I think I've been kind of underrating him to be honest. I heard a lot of false information about him having one of the worst winrates in the game (which he actually has a 54% WR with Royal Subjects, so BS on that). Though his winrates in high ELO actually aren't that good.

Khan is decent, but I think he's a ways overrated. His ult isn't consistent, he deals low damage in almost every game I see him in (even with Khan mains). I'd say he's probably just below Term right now IMO.

Nando is definitely not bad as an offtank. He's actually really good at being an off-tank (I know because that's how I play him), but with the buffs he's receiving I suppose he could point tank now as well somewhat capably.

Evie + Maeve misses out on damage potential, so I'd think it would be better to pair one or the other with Cassie/Lian/Willo. But if it works, it works I suppose. Though I'd definitely not say that when it comes to Torv, but this list is sort of for next patch anyways, after he'll be basically dead.

• PC

@Dusklicious
    hum what elo are you playing in?

term just can't off, you'd need nimble 3 and caut 3 to do so, most damage have better dash than term and are faster (plus considering tons of people love to put speed cards in their loadouts) usually a term playing off will annoy one person for a while then die alone, he would have done nothing except making an enemy damage lose 10sec on his shield lol
    anyway he's clearly better on point since even nara can't move him, as long as his team didn't lose anyone term will stay there no problem

khan low damage? I think he has the highest damage output among tanks with storm of bullets, what makes khan not so good is wrecker, but khan is good enough to be banned half the time from ranked and pro games

nando works way better at point with formidable talent, since the nerf flank nando is just dead

BK may be harder to play, but he has beside willo the best winrate in ranked at high diamond/master elo, his burst potential is so huge

also koa isn't as good as he used to be...still op hook around but you can melt him pretty fast

about damba, he's still good, yes other supports are starting to get better, but damba is more than worth to pick, grover lacks burst heal, which makes a big difference depending on the composition
    also what furia and grover lacks in healing they compensate really well in terms of damage

finally, pro supports sometimes say weird stuff, I heard the other day one saying that Io dash was bad, but among supports it's like one of the best, especially considering she has a reset on it, Io is the support I die the less with