Where is Androxus?

• Androxus is the most iconic champion in the relm (he is also on the background) and his flick-shot is one of the highest skill requiring combo in the game (Lian, don't look at me like this, please! You've got auto aim...)
    In spite of all these he is a very rare pick since his burst damage has been balanced. We can't even see him on the PPL 2019.
    I think it's because Adroxus was picked for the burst damage. His mobility sucked ever. As a flanker he deserved the burst nerf, but he also deserves the mobility buff for make him viable on an other way (as e.g. Fernando's damage has been nerfed, but his shield have been buffed).

I suggest to increase the distance of the Nether Steps from 28.75 units to 35 units for make Through the Warp card less essential in his loadouts and reduce the skill's cooldown time from 10s to 8s.

I'm sure that it would garant him enaugh mobility to chase down the supporters and return into the meta.

• Andro needs 20% buff to the netherstep distance and add 2 bullets to his base ammo , 6 bullets is the main issue that made him completely useless , he usually die while he is reloading .

• @Archenvu The 6 max ammo has been in his kit since he was created. His downfall was when his revolver changed to semi auto. What used to take 4 shots turned into you having to unload your entire ammo pool in order to kill a standard damage class champion. All everyone asked was that EM revert the semi auto change, but they remained staunch in forcing the semi auto down our throats.
    If they'd revert the change to what it used to be, I can guarantee you he'd be 10x better that what he is now.

• @SnipesLee said in Where is Androxus?:

@Archenvu The 6 max ammo has been in his kit since he was created. His downfall was when his revolver changed to semi auto. What used to take 4 shots turned into you having to unload your entire ammo pool in order to kill a standard damage class champion. All everyone asked was that EM revert the semi auto change, but they remained staunch in forcing the semi auto down our throats.
    If they'd revert the change to what it used to be, I can guarantee you he'd be 10x better that what he is now.

Personally I enjoy semi auto a lot more than the automatic firing, even though it's a lot less effective. I wish they'd nerf his damage falloff significantly so he could hang back and snipe the way Maeve can. If they did that I'm sure he'd come into the meta.

• PC

@taikonaut yeah androxus needs the range of lex new talent. He is useful and androxus no, not even worth picking against the champs he counters.

• PC

Even after his recent buffs he's been pretty bad. He requires so much investment to even remotely pay off that he's not worth picking at this point.

I personally would like the idea of making Cursed Revolver his base weapon, and giving him back a nerfed version of the original Dark Stalker (his dash would be usable once on a 4 second cooldown, and it can generate up to 3 charges). Both of these changes have been protested numerous times by the community, and they've been begging to get reverted since they were put in the game.

It would also be nice to get a few QoL changes to how his Reversal works, like making his character model transparent while using it so that way it can be kept in third person while also making it easier to see what you'll hit with it. Also, I feel like it might need to be a bit bigger. These changes would also allow Godslayer to be a better talent than it is right now.

As for the Punch talent, that shouldn't be a thing (it's absurdly weak, and this change would indirectly nerf it), but I don't know what to do with it. It feels like it needs a rework, I think. The current talent is absurdly unhealthy as it is.

• @Dusklicious said in Where is Androxus?:

Even after his recent buffs he's been pretty bad. He requires so much investment to even remotely pay off that he's not worth picking at this point.

I personally would like the idea of making Cursed Revolver his base weapon, and giving him back a nerfed version of the original Dark Stalker (his dash would be usable once on a 4 second cooldown, and it can generate up to 3 charges). Both of these changes have been protested numerous times by the community, and they've been begging to get reverted since they were put in the game.

It would also be nice to get a few QoL changes to how his Reversal works, like making his character model transparent while using it so that way it can be kept in third person while also making it easier to see what you'll hit with it. Also, I feel like it might need to be a bit bigger. These changes would also allow Godslayer to be a better talent than it is right now.

As for the Punch talent, that shouldn't be a thing (it's absurdly weak, and this change would indirectly nerf it), but I don't know what to do with it. It feels like it needs a rework, I think. The current talent is absurdly unhealthy as it is.

Charged nether step would be absurdly OP as he'd have crazy crazy mobility. Maybe if instead of punch he had a dash cooldown reset like Maeve has. Reversal also needs to be made first person so it's easier to aim. I think the most important thing is to increase his effectiveness at range so he can compete with other hitscans like Strix, Lian, and Cassie.

• @Nero-di-seppia said in Where is Androxus?:

@taikonaut all andro needs is more mobility, and the old dark stalker (nether step with 3 separate charges), it's an amazing and fun way to bring androxus in the meta.
    With that talent he will maybe be able to escape and manage dashes better instead of rushing an enemy, hope for the reset and die.
    It won't be OP, with DS andro will just be as mobile as meave or evie, which imo is needed because he has the worst poke, along with buck.
    Androxus is also really hard to play, so don't espect noobs abusing of that talent because that won't never happen.

IDK, I'd love that ability but I'd prefer less damage falloff even more. If I could choose between being able to snipe with Andro, and being constantly flying with Andro, I'd rather be able to snipe. That way he can effectively face off against Cassie, Lian, and Strix.

• PC

@taikonaut said in Where is Androxus?:

@Nero-di-seppia said in Where is Androxus?:

@taikonaut all andro needs is more mobility, and the old dark stalker (nether step with 3 separate charges), it's an amazing and fun way to bring androxus in the meta.
    With that talent he will maybe be able to escape and manage dashes better instead of rushing an enemy, hope for the reset and die.
    It won't be OP, with DS andro will just be as mobile as meave or evie, which imo is needed because he has the worst poke, along with buck.
    Androxus is also really hard to play, so don't espect noobs abusing of that talent because that won't never happen.

IDK, I'd love that ability but I'd prefer less damage falloff even more. If I could choose between being able to snipe with Andro, and being constantly flying with Andro, I'd rather be able to snipe. That way he can effectively face off against Cassie, Lian, and Strix.

Androus has DPS ~1444 - he has six shots before needing to reload - that's 3120 uninterrupted damage in 2.16 seconds. Now add the punch which is 520 damage every half second.

Are you telling me that with all that you can't kill any of those three? Incredible

• @DaddyOoker said in Where is Androxus?:

Androus has DPS ~1444 - he has six shots before needing to reload - that's 3120 uninterrupted damage in 2.16 seconds. Now add the punch which is 520 damage every half second.

Are you telling me that with all that you can't kill any of those three? Incredible

No one thinks Andro is better than those three champions. All three are quite meta while Andro is at the bottom of the roster in terms of popularity and playability. Andro is essentially a normal hitscan DPS, but with no range, meaning he has to get in the face of opponents and not miss any shots in order to be effective. There is practically no reason to play Andro when you could just play Lian and have the same basic effectiveness except also be effective at a distance. Not only that, but Lian has her ult and dash spam to counter Andro; Cassie has her disengage and 1000+ dmg poke combo; and Strix obviously can do 12 or 1800 damage, and then another 800 damage with UU, thereby killing Andro in around two shots while Andro has to kill Strix in 3-6.

• PC

@DaddyOoker said in Where is Androxus?:

He can't because he has a f***load of dropoff, and it's not really all that easy to consistently hit his shots. I have a feeling you've never played him before.

But, yes, sniping Andro won't fix anything. It would be absurdly broken because it would be possible to deal that damage consistently which would probably make him a top tier character even if they didn't buff his mobility.

• @Dusklicious said in Where is Androxus?:

He can't because he has a f***load of dropoff, and it's not really all that easy to consistently hit his shots. I have a feeling you've never played him before.

But, yes, sniping Andro won't fix anything. It would be absurdly broken because it would be possible to deal that damage consistently which would probably make him a top tier character even if they didn't buff his mobility.

It's definitely true that buffing Andro would easily make him broken, which is probably why they keep him low tier to be better safe than sorry. That said, I think it would also be a tremendously fun high skill ceiling carry champion, with a way cooler design than Lian or Maeve or Evie.

Zooming about the map, flick shotting everything, it'd be tremendous gameplay design, especially if hitboxes were fixed so it took more skill. The only problem is as you say it would make a lot of other characters completely unable to compete, especially other hitscans like Cassie, Strix, and Lian that wouldn't be able to compete with his mobility.

• PC

@Dusklicious said in Where is Androxus?:

No, I don't play him much and what I have has been mostly TDM but... I've seen good Andro players and when you combine that damage output with the ability to go vertical he can be good and extremely dangerous. He is a flanker after all - short range is expected.

• PC

@Dusklicious said in Where is Androxus?:

No, I don't play him much and what I have has been mostly TDM but... I've seen good Andro players and when you combine that damage output with the ability to go vertical he can be good and extremely dangerous. He is a flanker after all - short range is expected.

He could potentially be very dangerous, the issue is that he just isn't for 99% of people who play him. He's a champion that's very, very hard to play that well (probably the second hardest flank in the game to play), and even then his potential is a lot worse than the likes of Evie or Maeve, as he lacks the consistent mobility he needs and the consistent (not high) damage he needs which really sucks for him.

• @Nero-di-seppia said in Where is Androxus?:

No one thinks Andro is better than those three champions. All three are quite meta while Andro is at the bottom of the roster in terms of popularity and playability. Andro is essentially a normal hitscan DPS, but with no range, meaning he has to get in the face of opponents and not miss any shots in order to be effective. There is practically no reason to play Andro when you could just play Lian and have the same basic effectiveness except also be effective at a distance. Not only that, but Lian has her ult and dash spam to counter Andro; Cassie has her disengage and 1000+ dmg poke combo; and Strix obviously can do 12 or 1800 damage, and then another 800 damage with UU, thereby killing Andro in around two shots while Andro has to kill Strix in 3-6.

Finally you posted something I can agree with xD
    It's true, even if andro has such a high dps, there's no motivation of playing him when he lacks of mobility and range.
    Because of that, he always loses in 1v1 against decent and OP damage dealers, who spam all their long range burst before he's even close.
    Cursed revolver talent doesn't even help, the poke buff is minimal + you lose a lot of dps (1200 instead of 1444) and the revolver becomes way harder to aim.
    He's a flanker, he's build for close range, so a mobility buff it's the only thing that could bring him into the meta without making him braindead.
    (He's enough braindead with the semiauto, spray and pray weapon, remember when he also had free 1000 burst with the punch?
    Yes he was viable, but estremelly braindead and unfun to deal with)
    Another thing that could help him in putting in base cursed revolver and buffing its range and damage if needed, like 620 per shot

Cursed revolver isn't fun. The recoil, the automatic firing, the slow ROF, all of these aren't fun. If they buffed his DPS and damage falloff to the base pistol it'd be an incredible amount of fun, and while it would be really OP, it wouldn't be braindead as it would require quick reflexes and good awareness. They could debuff other aspects of his kit, such as removing reversal so that he doesn't have a get out of jail free card. Who knows. Obviously HiRez is concerned about making him OP so they prefer to keep him weak, which is unfortunate as he would obviously be a lot of fun for lots of players.

• PC

• Revolver:
      A cursed six-shot semi-automatic revolver that deals 520 damage every 0.36s.
      Has a maximum Ammo count of 6 and is fully effective up to 50 units.
      Has a reload time of 1.5s.
      It can do headshots.
      Has a range of 300.
      Has dynamic damage fall off.
      Loses accuracy when fired at a fast rate.
      Gains 3% ultimate charge per shot. Gains 5% on headshots.

• Nether Step:
      Quickly dash in any direction up to 3 times before needing to recharge. Holding SpaceBar reduces your fall speed in the air. Has a range of 28.75 units.
      Each dash has a range of 28.75.
      Androxus is Crowd Control Immune while using Nether Step.
      The "Hold Jump while in the air to reduce fall speed" effect is called Drift.
      Drift is independent of Nether Step and can be used at any time.
      Drift is disabled by cripple.
      After first and second dash you have 4 seconds to dash again. Nether Step ends and goes on cooldown if the time runs out.
      After first and second dash you automatically Drift for 1 second, and fall at reduced speed for approximately 0.2 seconds after that.
      Per Champion Special button toggles drift.

Koga with slightly lower DPS has fully effective damage up to 70 units

How about these changes?

• Increase the fully effective range: 50-->70
    • Add one additional dash giving him 4 dash steps. KicsitCsicska's idea gives 105 units where this brings it to 115.
    • Add KicsitCsicska's CD change 10-->8

• PC

who is even androxus? never heard of him

• Switch

imo, androxus died when the punch nerf happened so yes, a mobility buff would be nice