Battle Pass Takes Way Too Long To Finish

• I bought the current battle pass because I like the skins. But the amount of time I’ve had to play in order to level up has made it not worth it for me. I’ve gotten 2 of the previous battle passes and those were not a problem because at the time paladins was my main game I was playing for hours and hours every day so I didn’t even notice the grind it was easy to level up.

But now that paladins is not my main game, I find it incredibly annoying how much I’m playing this game for the sole purpose of leveling my battle pass. Realm Royale (also made by hi rez) has a very good system for its BP and I don’t mind leveling on that at all. Basically if you log in every day and complete all 3 challenges (which can be done in one game quite easily), you will get enough xp to complete the battle pass by the time it expires. Simple and reasonable.

This is not even close to being the case with paladins. Not only do the daily challenges take multiple games to complete (sometimes up to 10 or more) they reward a garbage amount of BP xp and basically aren’t even worth doing. Another good option is what black ops 4 does with the daily tier skip. For your first win of the day you get one full level on your BP progression. If they use this then it should work so that winning one game per day is enough to complete the bp.

Due to the current xp system I will no longer be buying any more battle passes in this game even if I like or love the skins because the time required is simply not worth it at all. If paladins becomes my main game again I may buy another one but at this point I’m not sure if that will ever happen.

I get the idea of a bp is to get people to grind and play the game but there is a maximum threshold that I’m willing to hit in order to level a bp and this game goes way way way beyond the acceptable levels of tolerance. I’ve literally been playing a ton of bot games (incredibly boring) just to complete some of the BP challenges in order to get more xp. I’m not having fun doing this so the bp is actually pushing me away from this game and making me annoyed due to requiring too much time.

I don’t even care about the stupid titles I’ve done everything I can to maximize my bp xp gains and it is still horrendously slow. At this point I have several levels more to complete and thank god for this double xp event or it would take even longer. Fix the bp progression system and make it much easier and faster to complete.

Hardcore daily players do not have a problem finishing it but those who don’t have much time or do not want to spend so much time playing paladins do not like this bp system at all and I’m sure people like myself will stop buying it as well because it feels like a major chore. And because I won’t own the battle anymore I’ll play maybe a couple matches every week. But if the bp system were reasonable I would log in every day and at least play a game or two to level it up.

• @lockout92 i 100% agree. u have to spend like 4hours everyday minimum just to conplete it, its fucking stupid and out of proportion

• @SA3TI said in Battle Pass Takes Way Too Long To Finish:

@lockout92 i 100% agree. u have to spend like 4hours everyday minimum just to conplete it, its fucking stupid and out of proportion

lol. This is a lie. Just spend a couple of hours every weekend and do the battle pass challenges. The challenges, save for a few, aren't even hard. Here are some of the challenges: kill champions, heal in a match, shield in a match, shoot your gun, spray in game, play Tyra, play as Vivian, play as Zhin, kill people with a Bomb King ult, play as Vora, ult with Maeve 30 times, heal yourself as Buck, heal people with Io, etc. These challenges are normal challenges. Heck, I've done a few in ranked games when I was playing as Tyra, Fernando, and Io in ranked games, and I didn't even know they were challenges. I've made progress on the Imani challenge just because I decided to play her in a casual match. lol. You naturally heal yourself with Buck unless you're throwing. If you don't heal with Io, you're throwing.

The only challenges that I don't do are the really stupid ones such as kill with Poppy Bomb (environmental kills don't count). Those are time-wasters designed to frustrate completionists. Other challenges are doable from just playing the game though, and if you play a few hours every weekend, you can complete the battle pass in 2 months. If you play an hour every day, you can complete the battle pass just by playing a variety of different champions and spraying in the lobby. Heck, I naturally spray in the lobby anyway, like I have the radiant sprays equipped, so when i see a radiant star skin, I spray right in front of the person wearing it, shoot at it, and say "yes!"

• Dude imagine those who are on the free track, the challenges are not giving the 150k exp. I did the talus, zhin and vora challenges and saw that i didn't got any more than the usual 20-30k exp.

• @lockout92 Bro XD, i was on the free track, did no challenges, and just played a couple of games not even everyday. I got to max like 25 days before it ended. This without the challenges and the 50-100% XP increase when buying the bp. So please, don't whine about Paladins being bad or whatever, this is completely up to u. If it's not ur main game in the first place, then u shouldnt expect to get everything from it, Peace.

• @Carlolrac555 said in Battle Pass Takes Way Too Long To Finish:

@lockout92 Bro XD, i was on the free track, did no challenges, and just played a couple of games not even everyday. I got to max like 25 days before it ended. This without the challenges and the 50-100% XP increase when buying the bp. So please, don't whine about Paladins being bad or whatever, this is completely up to u. If it's not ur main game in the first place, then u shouldnt expect to get everything from it, Peace.

Look at the date of my post. Sept 4 TWO THOUSAND NINETEEN. When i made that post, everything i said was true and if you deny that you’re insane. I haven’t even tried to finish a battle pass since that one, and i certainly haven’t bought any of them. In fact i just started playing this game again so i don’t know if what i said applies to the current battle pass.

But i can guarantee you i was 100% right about the battle pass at that time. In fact if the current battle pass is as easy to complete as you say it is, then YOU’RE WELCOME. Because my “whining” helped contribute to them deciding to make it that easy. Therefore you owe me, and i’ll take my payment anytime now.

• @lockout92 fam, I played paladins too then u know. The bp was a lil harder to get, but there were more challenges per level. Trust me bro, I know it was pretty hard, but not when u bought the bp, then it shouldn't be a problem at all, especially if u do the challenges, a friend of mine completed the bp in like a week all the time. And as I said already, if its not ur main game, u shouldnt expect to get everything

• @Carlolrac555 said in Battle Pass Takes Way Too Long To Finish:

@lockout92 fam, I played paladins too then u know. The bp was a lil harder to get, but there were more challenges per level. Trust me bro, I know it was pretty hard, but not when u bought the bp, then it shouldn't be a problem at all, especially if u do the challenges, a friend of mine completed the bp in like a week all the time. And as I said already, if its not ur main game, u shouldnt expect to get everything

You are dead wrong. I was playing every day (even though i didn’t want to) and doing quests and challenges and it was still taking forever. You don’t even remember what it was like back then you’re pretending to know. You probably don’t even know which bp i’m talking about without looking it up first. I do remember because it was the last one i had and it was a pain in the ass.

And this “friend” you had who finished it in a week, yea ok. I’m sure he exists outside of your mind.

Your last point is really weak. I played realm royale it was never my main game and i always finished the battle pass easily. I play apex and even when it stopped being my main game i still finished the bp with no problem. So yes i should expect to get everything.

• Now a days game developers make games grindy and boring deliberately to sell "time savers". Hi-Rez is using the same strategy. Disgusting, immoral and unethical.

• @lockout92 damn bro, you were right, the friend just disappeared all of a sudden, none of the other friends who r friends with him know about him anymore either. Also, I finished the pirates battle pass, the beach bass, the community, the sands of myth one and the others ones were, well 120 lvls. I didnt even try to finish the challenges then man. My last point wasnt weak at all bro XD, realm royale is a dead game and they gave u like half a year to complete it, whilst it was waaay to ez as well.
    Also, if youre talking about the 100 lvls bp's, the other levels were extra just giving u ONE recolor, so it wasn't worth the grind tbf

• The type of crap people complain about is Just wow. You guys must still be in high school.

@SA3TI said in Battle Pass Takes Way Too Long To Finish:

@lockout92 i 100% agree. u have to spend like 4hours everyday minimum just to conplete it, its fucking stupid and out of proportion

Please don't necro old threads.

Locked. 🔒