@OriginalEquinox They nerfed Strix and buffed Kinessa because Strix outclassed Kinessa. He could go invis in snipe battles and UU allowed him to melt flanks with little to no skill--while Kinessa could be melted in seconds, forcing her mains to always use reposition.
Posts made by Heartstrife
RE: Anyone else disappointed with the balance changes?
VGS Spam//Fix on Switch
I think everyone can agree that VGS spam is toxic, such as when tanks spam "need healing", yet refuse to buy rejuvenate while having ying as support. I'm curious as to whether there are any fixes for this on the Switch (Yes, I can actually aim, that's besides the point)? You either have vgs on or off, but I can't seem to find an in-match toggle on the Switch?
Kinessa Isn't The Problem, You Are
It's become all too common for players on ranked to blame Kinessa for all of their ills in matches, even when she is playing properly--getting crucial kills, having good positioning against flanks, sniping supports, etc.. The issue isn't Kinessa. Kinessa isn't the problem, you are. Not every Kinessa is a 12 year-old Juan who plays on the North American server, doesn't speak any English, and can't aim; there are competent Kinessa mains. The issue is, ranked players are very quick to tilt an entire game at the very suggestion that someone picks Kinessa over Strix. Newsflash, Kinessa plays completely different compared to Strix; they are not interchangeable. Yes, in a sniper match, Strix is likely to win. Yes, Strix can actually deal with flanks. But here's the thing: Kinessa melts Raum, can delete supports, and has a wider range of characters she can one-shot (if you choose Steady Aim). She can do really well. However, the ranked community is vehemently against her and players will tilt both themselves and the Kinessa purely because they refuse to even give Kinessa mains a chance.
RE: Kinessa: An in-depth discussion about her strong comps and team synergies
"Kinessa simply outshines Strix due to how much kill potential she has when she synergises her headshot dmg or her ult with CC based ults and even with champs that have CC in their abilities aside from the ults."
No, just no. Strix, having no damage fall-off + being able to quickscope + having cc + being able to MELT even tanks with unauthorized use is why Strix is definitively better than Kinessa. Nessa has to devote precious cards to make her transporter even semi-tolerable if she is to have her damage talents, whereas strix just has cards to make what's broken even more absurd.
Issues, Quandaries, and Travesties
Though I don't really understand why I bother posting here at this point--the Paladins mods at reddit just dance around these issues. And who even knows where the devs are, twiddling their thumbs? I digress. This game has issues. Like the various invisible walls that shouldn't exist, the lag on ranked vs the (general) lack of on casual, the lack of dev's responding to feedback that has been given repeatedly for the past 5 years... again, I must digress. This game could be great--for a while it was; but recurring issues must be addressed if this game is to be made fun again. Though, to be clear, this is not a rage thread, and marking it as such would be inappropriate. Because this is a conversation that needs to happen. To put it bluntly: Paladins is riddled with issues, quandaries, and travesties. And here we must begin
- Ying lacks sufficient in-combat healing, which is why the community generally despises ying as a mono-support. Shatter itself is inherently the worst offender in her kit, as it allows toxic players to cut off healing from their teams when it is needed most.
- Kinessa is an abomination. It should be a general rule that no ability for any character should be inherently bad without cards, yet her transporter is just that--awful. She is incapable of dealing with flanks like strix due to the charge up of her sniper mode--which would be acceptable if her transporter wasn't so slow. It's so awful that against flanks, us Kinessa mains have to either lock in with reposition or invest in Beam Me Up--wasting precious cards and talents.
- Vivian lacks real skill--this has been brought up multiple times, yet the devs seem hesitant to nerf her (I suspect due to her being a 60,000 champion)
- Strix's quickscope to flare (unauthorized use) is ridiculous, as even the best of flanks are incapable of dealing with the a decent Strix. In addition, he has one of the most powerful close-combat sidearms in the game... as a sniper. Pre-nerf Kinessa anyone?
- Evie. Where do I begin. This character makes me sad. Her whole gimmick is being a glass cannon, yet she lacks the speed that comes with it. The pre-cast on her blink is most blatant offender--this has been known for years to be an issue, as Evie's hitbox persists for 0.2 seconds while her visual display is already relocated--combined with even a smidgen of lag and she becomes a burden even to herself. Trying to blink after iceblock is even worse--as it just doesn't seem to accept the input of blink immediately after iceblock ends. To a Strix--not even a team this matter--iceblock is an Evie giving up. At 1800 health, a slow, buggy flank that has to be up-close to hit her shots due to their slow projectile speed (lets not even put defensive items or cards in the equation; it gets worse) just isn't good. Because of her lack of health and escape options, players are forced to choose wormhole to even have a chance against the enemy team if they have hitscans (which, let's be real, they will). I heavily suggest removing the delay on blink and incorporating over the moon directly into her kit, because her current play style is pigeonholed into be overly-defensive... as a flank... Yikes.
- An Evie + Kinessa Main