Most of what I would say about the abilities is covered by PWN but I still have something to say. I hope this doesn't sound overly harsh but... People really need to think about how truly unique their concept is before trying to say its different than the stuff in the game. This concept is rather generic and poorly balanced making it so that, regardless of quality or lack thereof, this concept is a failure based purely on what your goal was. Its fine to have a concept that's would feel similar to existing characters but you shouldn't go claiming that it is different.
I'm about as close as it gets to a powerhouse in the champion concept community. I have over 60 concepts with the majority of them being higher quality with large amounts of time spent working towards levels of balance that fit right in with the game. Additionally, I am a beginner artist and may share my fanart on the forums from time to time. If anybody needs feedback on anything creative (be it a video, some fanart, or a champion concept), feel free to ask.
Posts made by JohnOfAllTrades
RE: Character Concept: Zeera, The Soul-Torn
RE: Latest Drawing - Maeve
@Zeebuoy I am not the artist of this of course but sketching just the head generally doesn't take someone much time. Also, if you were wondering about where he learned because you are interested in learning yourself, I wish you luck. You can find a lot of tutorials online to help you do just about any part of the human body and the head in particular is really easy to find tutorials for.
RE: The new forums are awful
I misread what you said at first... The alignment is the one you found a possible fix for. Im curious about what the issue with having color is. The Smite forums use a different background color between pc and mobile but they have always had color available. Would it not be possible to just add the option for color anyways?
RE: The new forums are awful
Color and alignment are the main way anybody could make their post visually appealing. Without them everything is dull. As a person who made HEAVY use of them for champion concepts and, more importantly, my concept hub I borderline cannot do them anymore without those. They just turn in to walls of text
EDIT: Oh and the method of formatting is also suffering from a major downgrade if your example is anything to go by. Before you could highlight large areas to format them all at once but, from what I see here, that isnt possible. Am I just missing how thats done now or what?
The new forums are awful
Sorry to anybody that actually spent time working on this and all but I am pure salt right now.
The new forums are garbage and here's a list of reasons why:
- It kills discussion on all old posts for obvious reasons.
- Replacing the old forums instead of updating them just incentivizes spamming old posts.
- Formatting has been absolutely destroyed. It is literally not possible to make posts visually interesting anymore.
- The home page has everything collapsed as small as possible, making it a tiny, honestly pathetic looking forum.
- The feature of looking through your old posts (or another person's old posts) has been absolutely butcher to be barely functioning beyond the most recent posts. This is due to awful formatting more than anything else. It shouldn't offer a large preview on every. single. post. That's just unnecessary clutter for people trying to look back at an older post.
I'm sure there are more issues but this is what I see being wrong with it within literally just a few minutes of browsing them. Whoever decided on this replacement has borderline ruined the forums.