After two days it now seems to be gone.
What I did after trying reinstall was this:
-From \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Paladins\Binaries\EasyAntiCheat I ran Repair. Then in EasyAntiCheat I clicked the uninstall for Paladins.
-Then I ran Verify integrity of game files from Steam
-Then I ran EasyAntiCheat install for Paladins from \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Paladins\Binaries\EasyAntiCheat
-Then I found another .exe for EasyAntiCheat in C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyAntiCheat and I ran Repair for Paladins from there.
Not sure if this fixed anything or if the bug just magicked itself away, like other people have reported.